Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Lefties don't like his policy? Sucks for them.
    There really are some dickheads on these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    There really are some dickheads on these forums.
    It's weird, Trump's obviously pro-capitalism yet some of his attitudes toward his cabinet sound like something right out of North Korea.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's the sound of a drying swamp. So nothing unusual!
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    It's weird, Trump's obviously pro-capitalism yet some of his attitudes toward his cabinet sound like something right out of North Korea.
    Wait until you see what he does in his third term

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    Wait until you see what he does in his third term
    I want to laugh, cry and figuratively hit you for that =P

Isn't that the guy married to Ivanka? Lucky bastard....

Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    Surprising absolutely no-one of your habitual refusal to do simple google searches and dismissing evidence presented to you.

This is no different than Obama picking Rahm because they were both Chicago Democrats, and then Rahm left to run for mayor after he padded his approval ratings as Chief of Staff.
    Donald Trump has named his son-in-law, Jared Kushner, a man with no policy experience to speak of, as Senior White House Advisor.
    Yeah, it surely is NO different. Get your head out of your avatar.

- - - Updated - - -

Remember when the Trumpets had a thread on this forum disqualifying Clinton because her daughter was on a board because of conflict of interest?

Pepperidge farm remembers.

You guys should at least stop pretending that you are thinking for yourself when all do you is follow twitter talking points, makes things more honest.

God Trump makes me miss GWB.

Won't stop a bunch of his cult members from defending this and literally everything else as not an issue.

Lefties hate him because he is pro-business. Who he is doesn't matter, only his ideas and policy matter.
    You could build a bunker complex (to shelter in whenever God Emperor Trump is criticized for anything, of course) out of the straw in this post.

If we don't know all of his policy positions then we shouldn't pre-judge him.
    But what if people judge him, contrary to your dogshit straw-man, for other reasons than his policy? Like, I dunno, nepotism? Or complete lack of qualifications, doing nothing to prevent a conflict of interest between his position as POTUS and his businesses, creating international scandals before actually becoming the president, embarrassing himself (and by extent his position) whenever someone doesn't like him and he goes to Twitter to throw a tantrum like a 12 years old girl about it, shitting all over his own campaign promises, goals and *gasp* policy, increasing the swampiness of politics exponentially... So on and so forth.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2017-01-10 at 11:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    Not only does he have 0 policy experience, he has 0 political experience. He's a rich kid who inherited his father's real estate business. He got admitted to Harvard based on a 2.5mio grant from his father, where he studied sociology. At NYU he got a JD and MBA, also after considerable donations by papa (3mio).

Senior White House Advisor responsible for the Strategic Planning portfolio.

What a joke. His only credential is that he's tapping Ivanka. That's enough for Trump. This swamp reeks even worse than the old one.
    This guy is everything blue collar workers detest.

Working class hero. Trump and his cronies are laughing all the way to the bank. They got voted into office by the same people they will shit on for 4 years. Time to bookmark a few accounts, there'll be crow on the menu for the next 1456 days.
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2017-01-10 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    Surprising absolutely no-one of your habitual refusal to do simple google searches and dismissing evidence presented to you.

This is no different than Obama picking Rahm because they were both Chicago Democrats, and then Rahm left to run for mayor after he padded his approval ratings as Chief of Staff.
    On top of the fact that a massive majority of the strongest democratic leaders were found on the list of a certain, let's not speak about it company/corporation before their political elections.

Mmmmmmmmokay?

Quote Originally Posted by ezgeze View Post
    Interestingly enough, I don't recall the left screaming nepotism and now using as an example how JFK made his brother the 64th U.S. Attorney General and his brother-in-law, Sargent Shriver, the first director of the Peace Corps while he was president.
    You do realize that POTUS has no power to make anyone an Attorney General on their own, right? Robert Kennedy Kennedy's appointment had to be confirmed by the Senate, just like any other Attorney General. As such (and for other reasons), his appointment wasn't a breach of 5 U.S. Code § 3110 (which wasn't even a thing until few years later).

Not to mention that he was a lawyer by profession and as such was, what's the word... Oh, right, qualified. Unlike Trump's son-in-law. I know qualification is a hard concept for Trump supporters to grasp, but it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Of course he hired him as an adviser. The guy managed to take the one thing Trump wants the most but can't have; Ivanka.
    Isn't Ivanka going to serve as de facto first lady for some time because Melania will stay with her son until the school year ends or something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Yeah he hired him because he was the best candidate in a country of over 300 million people, and was SHOCKED to learn he was part of his family.
    You do realize @schwarzkopf was making an argument against Trump there, right? Given your next post, of course you don't.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    If he had a role that actually involved making decisions as far as policy goes then there'd be a better case against him being chosen. That being said the position, based on the Wikipedia description of it, is more or less a glorified assistant which in broad terms involves him acting as an intermediary between people who want to "talk" to the president, deal with communication with the public, and make the president look good from a political point of view. Given that the guy more or less ran the campaign for a while he should be qualified enough for those roles. Other than that there's the "fact"(based on article) that he won't be taking any pay for the position which makes the nepotism case even more weird to look at.

This whole Trump thing is like and experiment. I say we let him have who he wants and see how it turns out. Kushner is an Orthodox Jew which is also interesting.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

7+ Year Old Account
    I dont have a prob. with this appointment, this guy helped rocket his bid to the president and is prob. one of the smartest people and trump trusts this guys, qualifications on policy, i would want someone i trust 1st, over some loser thats got policy exp. and i know nothing about nor do i trust them. smart move imo.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    You do realize that POTUS has no power to make anyone an Attorney General on their own, right? Robert Kennedy Kennedy's appointment had to be confirmed by the Senate, just like any other Attorney General. As such (and for other reasons), his appointment wasn't a breach of 5 U.S. Code § 3110 (which wasn't even a thing until few years later).

Not to mention that he was a lawyer by profession and as such was, what's the word... Oh, right, qualified. Unlike Trump's son-in-law. I know qualification is a hard concept for Trump supporters to grasp, but it is what it is.

Being appointed to the US Attorney General is a much more important and vital role in Government than a Special Advisor to the President. Like comparing apples to oranges.

Looks like over glorified secretaries IMO (and a PR face)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Senior..._United_States

Senior Advisor to the President is a title used by high-ranking assistants to the President of the United States. White House Senior Advisors are senior members of the Executive Office of the President. The title has been used formally since 1993.

Over time, the Senior Advisor role has had responsibility for the following groups:

White House Office of Strategic Initiatives
    Intergovernmental Affairs
    Political Affairs
    Public Liaison
    Communications

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Being appointed to the US Attorney General is a much more important and vital role in Government than a Special Advisor to the President. Like comparing apples to oranges.
    And? I'm not the one who has made that comparison. I only pointed out why it's shit.

Why would a known white supremacist, white nationalist and avowed racist appoint a Jew to such a high position?

Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    You do realize that .........
    Then don't complain about a position that doesn't require Senate confirmation.

Honestly I could give a flying fuck what the left complains about at this point. They have been and will continue to cry wolf for the next 4 years. As the almighty anointed one once said "elections have consequences","I won" and "If you don't like something, win an election".

Deal with it.
    Last edited by ezgeze; 2017-01-10 at 06:42 PM.