Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Anyone remembers shadow bolt spamming locks topping meters?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xjev View Post
    Anyone remembers shadow bolt spamming locks topping meters?
    I enjoyed when destro was actually about shadow dmg. The fire animations are so lame.

Ele Shamans too had one spell occupying 60+% of their rotations. Cabbage, cabbage, cabbage, cabbage, flame shock, cabbage, cabbage, cabbage, etc.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Let's see...

Nihilum, best guild at the time, first world kill of Illidan : shadow priest is first at the end of the fight.
    I guess players in the fight were AFK, undergeared or terrible
    Again (and again, and again, and again, and...) people who speak about Vanilla/TBC on the forum, tend to repeat false clichés instead of providing actual real facts.
    It's the reason why three quarters of the people post some shit like "nostalgia !!!". It's not because it's true, it's because they have heard so many times "Vanilla was shit ! Only nostalgic like it !" that they have ended believing it and internalizing all this crap even when it's blatantly false. Comical exagerations that were posted then to make a point or whining, have somehow coalesced into (false) "truth" through time and repetition.

- - - Updated - - -

That's somewhat of a contradiction here. If it's "better" but "less fun", then it's actually not "better"
    One fight =/= the whole image, Illidan is terrible when it come to comparing dps due to mechanic and DOTs ticking in between phase which bloat DPS.

Plus group composition was very demanding when it came to having the "best dps", heroism/bloodlust was only groupwise same thing with most buff, plus Muqq, he was the top of the top.

Now if you can come back to me with those same numbers on Supremus maybe, otherwise SP were terrible in TBC.
    Last edited by DaGhostDS; 2017-01-10 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DaGhostDS View Post
    One fight =/= the whole image, Illidan is terrible when it come to comparing dps due to mechanic and DOTs ticking in between phase which bloat DPS.
    You're just grasping at straws here. You made a bogus claim, just man up and admit it instead of trying to rationalize facts away (especially when it doesn't even work considering there was warlocks in the fight too, and they should have benefitted even more).
    In any case, if the guy was able to top the meter in the best guild in the world, it means that even if the fight was favoring him, spriest was absolutely not what you described.
    Plus group composition was very demanding when it came to having the "best dps", heroism/bloodlust was only groupwise same thing with most buff, plus Muqq is hard to beat, he was the top of the top.
    I don't see how this is relevant is any way to your claim.

The point stays : when the subject is TBC and Vanilla, most people just repeat the same memes coming from forum echos chambers. They are usually vastly exagerrated at best, false most of the time, the opposite of reality at worst.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Nihilum, best guild at the time, first world kill of Illidan : shadow priest is first at the end of the fight.
    I guess players in the fight were AFK, undergeared or terrible
    Again (and again, and again, and again, and...) people who speak about Vanilla/TBC on the forum, tend to repeat false clichés instead of providing actual real facts.
    It's the reason why three quarters of the people post some shit like "nostalgia !!!". It's not because it's true, it's because they have heard so many times "Vanilla was shit ! Only nostalgic like it !" that they have ended believing it and internalizing all this crap even when it's blatantly false. Comical exagerations that were posted then to make a point or whining, have somehow coalesced into (false) "truth" through time and repetition.
    There is a reason why a Shadowpriest was used to buff mages and warlocks, not the other way around. I'm pretty sure Shadowpriests weren't "rare". You'd also think that a guild like Nihilum would stack Shadows if they were clearly the best, but they went with mage/rogue/warlock for a reason too.
    Shadowpriest were indeed mana batteries, and also had some insane HPS and did damage too, but nowhere near top damage.
    It's worth noting that Muqq was also often part of the "bloodlust" group unlike his shadow buddy, who was truely being used as a healer battery.
    There are just as many fights where ~5+ people (mostly rogues and Warlocks) each deal 2-3% more *raid*-damage than him.

Also, his DPS in that Illidan kill is 470 if I'm seeing that correctly. And Ahoq is 13# with I don't know how few DPS
    Not sure at what time that was, what patch or whatever, but I remember that during Kil'jaeden first kills, people did about ~2400 dps and people liked to stack hunters. Pretty much shows how fast things change, weirdly enough, warlocks and rogues are always present during every BC kill I can think of.

Brutallus btw.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gAQjX1oK6E

Kil'Jaeden
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFa3MJCKhgU

approx 0 shadows anywhere near top10, approx 10 warlocks/rogues etc. everywhere.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-01-10 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    There is a reason why a Shadowpriest was used to buff mages and warlocks, not the other way around. I'm pretty sure Shadowpriests weren't "rare". You'd also think that a guild like Nihilum would stack Shadows if they were clearly the best, but they went with mage/rogue/warlock for a reason too.
    Shadowpriest were indeed mana batteries, and also had some insane HPS and did damage too, but nowhere near top damage.
    It's worth noting that Muqq was also often part of the "bloodlust" group unlike his shadow buddy, who was truely being used as a healer battery.
    There are just as many fights where ~5+ people (mostly rogues and Warlocks) each deal 2-3% more *raid*-damage than him.

Also, his DPS in that Illidan kill is 470 if I'm seeing that correctly. And Ahoq is 13# with I don't know how few DPS
    Not sure at what time that was, what patch or whatever, but I remember that during Kil'jaeden first kills, people did about ~2400 dps and people liked to stack hunters. Pretty much shows how fast things change, weirdly enough, warlocks and rogues are always present during every BC kill I can think of.

Brutallus btw.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gAQjX1oK6E

Kil'Jaeden
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFa3MJCKhgU

approx 0 shadows anywhere near top10, approx 10 warlocks/rogues etc. everywhere.
    You're forgetting that Nihilum mainly did BT progression in T4ish gear, spriest would be in frozen shadowweave which was way overpowered for it's itemlevel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    Once they changed how pots worked mid to late tbc (i think) never had the mana to sustain it on long boss fights x(
    Get yourself a shadowpriest.

Composition breh!

L2