Page 66 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by oAllElseFailo View Post
    Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnum Opus: Every 30 seconds, gain an absorb shield for 15% (25% for non-tanks) of your maximum health for 30 seconds. Now has Critical Strike, Haste, and Mastery as secondary stats.

So.. this didn't even change for us since it's the exact same on live right now, aside from the secondary stats of course. Does that mean this is back to being shit or is the fact that it can still proc regardless of damage mean it's still good?
    It is different, on live the shield only prices if you haven't taken damage for 5 seconds. So yes it's still a major buff.

Quote Originally Posted by oAllElseFailo View Post
    Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnum Opus: Every 30 seconds, gain an absorb shield for 15% (25% for non-tanks) of your maximum health for 30 seconds. Now has Critical Strike, Haste, and Mastery as secondary stats.

So.. this didn't even change for us since it's the exact same on live right now, aside from the secondary stats of course. Does that mean this is back to being shit or is the fact that it can still proc regardless of damage mean it's still good?
    It's already incredibly good on live right now, just the removal of the 5s no-damage timer is going to increase its effectiveness significantly, so it'll still be excellent. It's really just a big mana saver, is what it boils down to. At 25% with no wait time it likely would have been nerfed to hell shortly after the patch.

Please for the love of god dont tell me they actually went back with fel dev in the 110 talent tree... that was the biggest change i didnt want to go through.

Quote Originally Posted by Burnick View Post
    Please for the love of god dont tell me they actually went back with fel dev in the 110 talent tree... that was the biggest change i didnt want to go through.
    While I think we're going to get what was on the PTR on the latest, I honestly loved Fel Dev at 110 and DI at 108.

That way 108 would be DI for ST bosses and possible spirit bomb for aoe.

And 110 would be LR for raid progression, FD for AOE/Dungeons, and Soul Barrier for easier raid content

Quote Originally Posted by daiceman View Post
    While I think we're going to 7get what was on the PTR on the latest, I honestly loved Fel Dev at 110 and DI at 108.

That way 108 would be DI for ST bosses and possible spirit bomb for aoe.

And 110 would be LR for raid progression, FD for AOE/Dungeons, and Soul Barrier for easier raid content
    Last ptr i seen fel dev was still inits original spot was it not? Unless they changed it and noone said shit about it in the data mining. Because that was the last change about that talent that i heard about.

Edit: dont type anything the very first moment you wake up. Many spelling errors.
    Last edited by Burnick; 2017-01-10 at 02:35 PM.

Last ptr i seen fel dev was still inits original spot was it not? Unless they changed it and noone said shit about it in the data mining. Because that was the last change about that talent that i heard about.

Edit: dont type anything the very first moment you wake up. Many spelling errors.
    To rephrase what I said, I liked the temporary swap of fel dev @ 110, but expected it to stay at 108.

Quote Originally Posted by Munkky View Post
    For the record, the talents did not swap.
    Oh thank god.

- - - Updated - - -

For the record, the talents did not swap.
    Soo, What should I take no btw for talents first row. Abysall strike, Agonizing Flames, or Razor Spikes?

Imma go ahead and assume razor spikes for ST, but AoE AF or AS?

Oh thank god.

- - - Updated - - -

Soo, What should I take no btw for talents first row. Abysall strike, Agonizing Flames, or Razor Spikes?

Imma go ahead and assume razor spikes for ST, but AoE AF or AS?
    RS is best for ST/Burst AoE, AS with Flame Crash is better for Sustained.

RS is best for ST/Burst AoE, AS with Flame Crash is better for Sustained.
    What about EH? Is RS considerably better in that regard or is the constant healing from fire damage from FC significant?

Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    What about EH? Is RS considerably better in that regard or is the constant healing from fire damage from FC significant?
    I'm sorry, what all are you talking about? I'm not understanding the acronyms.

Quote Originally Posted by Oiysters View Post
    EH = Effective Health
    You can still use FC while using RS, you just lose 2 casts of Infernal strike a minute. So you're missing a little bit of leech. Nothing to worry about. You don't use FC for the healing.

Edit:
    Also neither would have an effect on EH, because the most they will ever do is give leech.
    Last edited by Munkky; 2017-01-10 at 10:04 PM.

You don't get healing from fire damage? Huh. Ok that's new.

Edit: it's possible I'm using the term incorrectly, but I've always thought of shielding and heals as effective health.
    Last edited by Absintheminded; 2017-01-11 at 12:46 AM.

Effective health is just that. It's your total health multiplied by any damage modifiers you have on you. Shields give EH because they add to your total health, heals don't. EH is really only an important thing when you're concerned about being globaled, which is another reason healing doesn't really mater for it.

Ok roger.

But the question still remains though: Is the healing from AS + FC worth speccing into over RS?
    Last edited by Absintheminded; 2017-01-11 at 01:50 AM.

It doesn't make enough of a difference to change when you'd take the talents. You would still take AS + FC for sustained aoe, and RS for burst aoe and ST.

You're missing a minor amount of leech for a dps gain. That's the trade off. On AoE, sure it can add up depending on how much use you get out of AS, however on ST the difference is negligible.

Wasn't Meta supposed to get 30% base leech? Or was it scrapped in the very last moment?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Wasn't Meta supposed to get 30% base leech? Or was it scrapped in the very last moment?
    Think that was just for Havoc?