Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Noxxic's Released Class Sims...Mostly Accurate?

Here are the DPS rankings for 7.1.5. I know a lot of people don't like Noxxic, but I'm curious to how accurate this list seems to be. Or is it a matter of maybe it's accurate, but we have to wait and see?

Thanks!

Link to Noxxic:

http://www.noxxic.com/wow/dps-rankin...895-fight-max/

Deleted
    Lol. Noxxic.

I would be skeptical to say the least....

this is now a noxxic hate thread

Deleted

So obviously it's not very accurate, but is it dramatically off?

Anyone can go to SimC and post rankings.

The issue with Noxxic is that when it actually attempts to do work by itself, it fucking sucks ass.

Not only are the choices mostly wrong, on literally everything, when the do get it right they don't give any reasoning behind a choice.

For example lets say you have a haste breakpoint at 23%. If you can reach that, its your best stat. If you can't, its your 3rd best stat. Noxxic won't say this. They'll just either ignore the breakpoint entirely or simply write down Haste > X > X > X as if everyone can reach 23% haste.

I haven't minmaxed in this game since 6.2, so I can't really go and find you specific examples right now but I'm sure any raider or serious mythic+ player will find an issue within seconds on their spec's page

They also give out stat weights - which is stupidity on par with giving someone directions of "left, left, forward, right, left" and assuming they will be the same in every single town on the planet. As anyone who has raided for 5 minutes knows, stat weights chance constantly. Giving someone your stat weights indicates you don't understand what they are.

I'd much rather trust an icy veins or mmo c guide where I can see the authors name, I know their background and I can go to warcraftlogs and see their bloody parses - that they know wtf they are saying is correct.
    Last edited by Sliske; 2017-01-10 at 08:21 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prussian View Post
    So obviously it's not very accurate, but is it dramatically off?
    Just roll a god damn fury warrior and be done with it damn it.
    Tired of these thinly veiled "please pick my FOTM class for me" threads on patch days... jeez. Your post history is full of "is this any good?" "Is x better than y?"
    Just have a bit of fun - it really doesn't matter at all what you play on your level of play. They're all just the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    Just roll a god damn fury warrior and be done with it damn it.
    Tired of these thinly veiled "please pick my FOTM class for me" threads on patch days... jeez. Your post history is full of "is this any good?" "Is x better than y?"
    Just have a bit of fun - it really doesn't matter at all what you play on your level of play. They're all just the same.
    Whats the most fun of these two games?

Whats the tastiest food, this or this?

Whats the best colour?

The best breed of dog?

Whats the best tmog?

Nothing better than being asked to answer objectively to a subjective question

Noxxic is toxic, are you people still that stupid?

"Noxxic"
    "Accurate"

15+ Year Old Account
    Accurate like a 9mm pistol at a 2000 meters range.

What did I miss? Why do we hate Noxxic?

Is there even any WoW youtuber that we don't hate ?

The list is probably as accurate as current Simcraft is. But depends what you mean by "accurate". Even the most accurate simulation is good only if the reader understands what is being simulated and how to apply that to real situation. The bottom of that page explains what is being simulated and it also says: "Expect refreshes to this data at multiple points this month, as 7.1.5 introduced major spell changes and SimC will continually be polished."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    What did I miss? Why do we hate Noxxic?

Is there even any WoW youtuber that we don't hate ?
    His streams are usually so boring. Just talks about dps charts all the time. :-(
    I usually watch IcyVeins blog.

this is some sim with tier mythic from a chinese site :P http://imgur.com/a/sF35l

this is the link to the site i am not chinese so i have 0 clue what it means

http://www.37kf.com/gonglue/634/27900.html
    Last edited by bonombo; 2017-01-10 at 09:14 PM.

I always thought noxxic was a troll site.

Noxxic and accurate in the same sentence. Rofl.

Noxxic made me the rouge I am today. I'm often in top half dps in LFR!

Quote Originally Posted by InfernalDark View Post
    Noxxic is toxic
    Damn, I was hoping to post this.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)