Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mortal Coil procs Sephuz' Secret on Raid Bosses

I found out this morning that the healing component of Mortal Coil does, in fact, proc Sephuz' Secret on raid bosses. Here's a quick video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3i8wmJCHvE

Oi, I hope they don't break mortal coil again to fix this.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I just hope they don't fix it. It'll would (probably) make Sephuz actually good for Warlocks across all specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwill View Post
    I just hope they don't fix it. It'll would (probably) make Sephuz actually good for Warlocks across all specs.
    That'd give an unfair advantage to locks with that berry, I doubt they'd be ok with that and the shitstorm that'd cause in the community.

If they wanted everyone to be able to proc it on raid bosses they'd change its mechanics, I think it fairly clear with how they've treated this in the past that that isn't the intention.

That'd give an unfair advantage to locks with that berry, I doubt they'd be ok with that and the shitstorm that'd cause in the community.

If they wanted everyone to be able to proc it on raid bosses they'd change its mechanics, I think it fairly clear with how they've treated this in the past that that isn't the intention.
    Well, AFAIK, summon Infernal can already proc it on stun immune bosses, as they still take damage from the stun ability. I imagine this works in a similar fashion. We'll have to wait and see what Blizz does.

I agree entirely with you, it's more wishful thinking on my part than anything else.

This suddenly makes Sephuz Ring shines mainly with Roaring Blaze Build probably better than Belt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently, any CC that has a component that works against raid bosses procs it - This also includes PvP. It may be a bug, who knows. Hopefully its intended, since a number of classes have abilities that deal damage/healing and CC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Has anyone tried procing it with Imp dispel yet?. I'm not home atm, so can't try.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure this is that big a deal bacon. Mortal Coil has a 45 second cd so the uptime on the Sephuz proc will be significantly lower than classes that can reliably proc it every 30 seconds (33% vs 22% uptime)
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Deleted
    Warlocks have something advantageous? Day 1 hotfix incoming.

Anyone has a sephuz aura for when it's not on CD?
    Thanks for the heads up!

Deleted

Considering warlocks are one of the few classes that are locked out of an interupt as most specs, I don't think it'd be dreadfully out of order to let it stick. I don't expect it to though - it's certainly not intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Considering warlocks are one of the few classes that are locked out of an interupt as most specs, I don't think it'd be dreadfully out of order to let it stick. I don't expect it to though - it's certainly not intended.
    It's not a matter of having something to proc it (we have a way to proc it every 30s on every spec) its a matter of proccing it off of bosses.

Meh tho, nice if it stays that way just wouldn't expect it to.

Did you actually try vs bosses? Like world boss or instance? The dummies are a bit special, at least in beta you could eg proc sephuz on them by doing a dragons breath but it wouldnt work on bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    Anyone has a sephuz aura for when it's not on CD?
    Shows an icon+duration while active, shows CD while on CD
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Thank you <33
    Thanks for the heads up!

Within the last hour they have literally fixed this. It was working earlier, now it's not.

Deleted
    It's not a matter of having something to proc it (we have a way to proc it every 30s on every spec) its a matter of proccing it off of bosses.

Meh tho, nice if it stays that way just wouldn't expect it to.
    I know, but as any other caster spec in the game if there's a boss with an interruptable ability you've got a chance, likewise if there's stunnable adds.
    Warlocks are (as far as I'm aware) the only class with no option for an interrupt (as destro) or a stun (affliction). Having a way to proc it on a 45s CD would give us an advantage on bosses where there's no normal way to proc it, but would only help minimize the loss of a baseline interrupt on some fights.

Different classes would have advantages on different bosses with the legendary. Not something I expect at all - I think it's pretty evident that only successful things are supposed to proc the ring, but I don't think it'd be particularly out of order if MC was operating this way intentionally, it's just blatantly unintentional.

Well this was fixed quickly. RIP.