Is it a bad time to roll a Demon Hunter?

I have been reading on changes and don't know what to do, my old class BM Hunter seems rather boring as well...

What do you guys think?

With 7.1.5 it is more boring than ever. Far less movement than before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup, though it wouldnt be that bad, but it is, sometimes i feel like waiting forever on fury because felbalde dosent proc and everything else is on cd and so far no one knows if prepared or demonic appetite will be better than the nerfed demon blades.

Deleted
    Its not far less movement, the only thing changing is that you don't really use VR for damage anymore. (On ST bosses)

If you think that you wont use fel rush anymore you are dilusional or retarded. It is a free spell that does a lot damage with 1/4 of a gcd, FR will always be used as long as it does damage for DH's

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, you still use FR, but with demon speed not reseting FR charges anymore, its feel like DH just lost one of his legs. Specially in PvP, the "awesomesauce 30% speed buff" just dont cut it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihal View Post
    Yeah, you still use FR, but with demon speed not reseting FR charges anymore, its feel like DH just lost one of his legs. Specially in PvP, the "awesomesauce 30% speed buff" just dont cut it.
    You take felblade in pvp now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    You take felblade in pvp now.
    With the amount of resets I sometimes get I feel like a rogue in shadow dance. But I actually hurt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orissan View Post
    With the amount of resets I sometimes get I feel like a rogue in shadow dance. But I actually hurt.
    Are you going with demon blades or bite? Because with Demon Blades the thing barely reset with me

You might as well take demonic appetite in pvp too, really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Are you going with demon blades or bite? Because with Demon Blades the thing barely reset with me
    I'm the opposite. Using Blades my FelBlade is off CD constantly. I'm haven't been having a lot of time without much to do and in those SMALL windows by the time I use glaive and/or felrush everything is good to go again.

So the only downside I am seeing is (at least on Single Target bosses) Fe Rush is now just something to use when you have nothing else available (or to get from A to B quickly) but my overall ST DPS went way up with this patch...It just feels like I'm too stationary now is all.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Demonic is wickid fun

Quote Originally Posted by Jep3 View Post
    Its not far less movement, the only thing changing is that you don't really use VR for damage anymore. (On ST bosses)

If you think that you wont use fel rush anymore you are dilusional or retarded. It is a free spell that does a lot damage with 1/4 of a gcd, FR will always be used as long as it does damage for DH's
    You still use Fel Rush but get to use it less often with Blur no longer resetting it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deucalion2S View Post
    I have been reading on changes and don't know what to do, my old class BM Hunter seems rather boring as well...

What do you guys think?
    If you WANT to be a Demon Hunter, the time is right. If you do not want to be a Demon Hunter, it is indeed a bad time.

Play what you like, when you like it. Not when the patchnotes dictate if it's good or bad.

Yup, though it wouldnt be that bad, but it is, sometimes i feel like waiting forever on fury because felbalde dosent proc and everything else is on cd and so far no one knows if prepared or demonic appetite will be better than the nerfed demon blades.
    And I have problem because I have so many abilities ready to use that I dont know what have bigger priority. Blade dance short cd, felblade reset often, fel rush, throw glaive, chaos strikes, CDs. Theres basically always something to press.

It really comes down to personal preference. For me, the changes were absolutely terrible and I lost a lof of fun with my DH when playing the new 222x311 build. DH without Momentum just doesn't feel like DH to me.

The Memeonic build (332x113 / 331x) is pretty funny in dungeons and open world for the lulz, especially with Legendary Helm, but spamming Eye Beam gets boring really quick too.

Yes, numbers-wise the patch was an improvement but gameplay hurt a lot IMO :/
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

Thanks everyone for your inputs, this is why I started this post to hopefully get a discussion going and get some player feedback with regards to the changes from yesterday.

While its true that in the end it is a matter of personal performance however you still have to take into account that if your spec or class isn't performing well right now then you have to go the extra mile that other classes dont necessary have to in order to get a raid spot in your guild, this is something I am trying to avoid when I'm done preparing my DH.
    Last edited by Deucalion2S; 2017-01-11 at 04:39 PM.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Right now I'm glad I rolled a DH. I love the 222 build. Sadly I have a feeling it's going to be nerfed to shreds.

The initial damage burst is pretty insane. I like not having to worry about keeping momentum up. I think with more practice, i can really enjoy this new rotation.