Page 1 of 17
... LastLast

President Obama's Farewell Speech

The nation will be tuning in tonight to say farewell to President Obama, unarguably in my opinion, the best President the US has ever had. He has accomplished so much in the last 8 years and it will be hard to say goodbye to him. I will miss him so much and have zero hopes in his alleged successor.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    unarguably in my opinion, the best President the US has ever had.
    That word, "unarguably", you should really check its meaning before using it. Because at least about 50% of your population opposes what you consider "unarguable".

I would've voted for him if he could've ran for a third term, stupid rules.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

No I won't. I'll be doing precalculus.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I would've voted for him if he could've ran for a third term, stupid rules.
    I hope Joe Biden runs for President and Obama returns as Vice. The next 4 years[or less], we know will have damage that will be irreparable for most.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

If,if,if,if,if,if?

I hope the teleprompter doesn't go out during it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure it'll go something like this:

“Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    No I won't. I'll be doing precalculus.
    Shiet. Just wait ti'll you get to Calc 2. You do not understand the meaning of hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Skazord View Post
    That word, "unarguably", you should really check its meaning before using it. Because at least about 50% of your population opposes what you consider "unarguable".
    If the OP should check the meaning of the world "unarguably" you might want to check the meaning of the phrase following the word, "in my opinion".

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Shiet. Just wait ti'll you get to Calc 2. You do not understand the meaning of hell.
    Fortunately I don't have to go that high.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caelia View Post
    If the OP should check the meaning of the world "unarguably" you might want to check the meaning of the phrase following the word, "in my opinion".
    Something isn't unarguable in someone's opinion. It either is, or it isn't. You can't say "unarguably, water isn't wet in my opinion", because it is factually wrong. Fact is, a lot of people disagree that Obama was the best president the US ever had. Some will even go as far as saying he was the worst. So it's not "unarguable", even if it's his opinion, it just means that his opinion would be factually wrong.

You also have to look at what those 50% hate him for. Most of them hate him over lies and blame him for Bushes mess because he couldn't completely fix it with the very people spreading the lie blocking him from fixing the mess.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    You also have to look at what those 50% hate him for. Most of them hate him over lies and blame him for Bushes mess because he couldn't completely fix it with the very people spreading the lie blocking him from fixing the mess.
    That's not what I was talking about though, none of that. He claimed it was unarguably the best president ever, but that's pretty arguable. You can't simply shove your opinion down everyone's throat and hope everyone to be fine with it and not call you out on it.

I hope Joe Biden runs for President and Obama returns as Vice. The next 4 years[or less], we know will have damage that will be irreparable for most.
    So you have precognition then? What are this weeks lottery numbers?

#IStandWithGinaCarano

That's not what I was talking about though, none of that. He claimed it was unarguably the best president ever, but that's pretty arguable. You can't simply shove your opinion down everyone's throat and hope everyone to be fine with it and not call you out on it.
    Unarguably, in their opinion. Which they stated clearly. It means, that you cannot argue that point with them. It is literally unarguable. He wasn't shoving his opinion down your throat, he was stating it, and you took offense to the idea that someone is so confident in their position.

Everyone has opinions they will never budge on. I think that Pineapple is the greatest fruit ever. That is unarguable. You may disagree, but you will never be able to convince me.

He wasn't saying that Obama is the greatest president ever. He was saying that he views him as such and that you cannot argue that point.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

One of the greatest orators we have ever seen. It's a shame his 8 years in office didn't match the rhetoric.

15+ Year Old Account

The nation will be tuning in tonight to say farewell to President Obama, unarguably in my opinion, the best President the US has ever had. He has accomplished so much in the last 8 years and it will be hard to say goodbye to him. I will miss him so much and have zero hopes in his alleged successor.
    For someone who doesn't follow everyday US politics much, what's his legacy apart from Obamacare?

Ah, understood, but also comes to the opinion part.

As far as Unarguably, pretty much anything fails that qualifier in modern day, we have the climate change people trying to deny the consensus of over 97% of the scientific community and people trying to claim Trickle Down Economics is a good thing and cutting taxes creates jobs. At this point, we have people who would argue against 2+2 equaling 4 and then threaten, insult, or ignore you for correcting them.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

The OP was referring to the facts of his presidency, not opinion.

Having said that Obama is certainly the best we've had in many decades, but no way he compares to some of the 19th century greats.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    One of the greatest orators we have ever seen.
    Lol, what?

Obama's a good public speaker, yeah, but 'great orator'? Not one US President in recent memory has been as such.