Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Brawler's Guild is amazing now

Title. The rumble cards are so much fun, especially the Stranglethorn Streak one. If the GY isn't up, you can kill everyone that queued up with a rumble and they gotta manually come back to the arena.

The betting mechanic is really enjoyable as well. A lot of salt gets tossed around because of it, people are throwing fights to piss others off...it's great.

I've been rephased about 6 times now. Each new phase, the gambling guy needs to be repaid. :/

That doesn't sound amazing to me...
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingwraith View Post
    That doesn't sound amazing to me...
    Sounds like a real fight club.

Deleted
    Whats the first rule of Brawlers guild?

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Title. The rumble cards are so much fun, especially the Stranglethorn Streak one. If the GY isn't up, you can kill everyone that queued up with a rumble and they gotta manually come back to the arena.

The betting mechanic is really enjoyable as well. A lot of salt gets tossed around because of it, people are throwing fights to piss others off...it's great.
    Except for waiting in a 10+ person que only to get that multi-person brawl. You then have to re-que and sit in another 10+ person fucking que to hope you actually get your boss the next time. What a time waster, fucking bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Except for waiting in a 10+ person que only to get that multi-person brawl. You then have to re-que and sit in another 10+ person fucking que to hope you actually get your boss the next time. What a time waster, fucking bullshit.
    The rumble cards have never taken over my position in queue.

Quote Originally Posted by mengths View Post
    The rumble cards have never taken over my position in queue.
    If your team loses, you lose your position.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah this doesn't really sound fun at all. Wish Blizzard would just create a true solo PvM arena without having to wait in q and deal with other players.

Quote Originally Posted by MCO Readycheck View Post
    Whats the first rule of Brawlers guild?
    Never suck the juice out of a tractor.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoli View Post
    Yeah this doesn't really sound fun at all. Wish Blizzard would just create a true solo PvM arena without having to wait in q and deal with other players.
    The content would have a lot less longevity then. Sure you may not enjoy the queue as much as blitzing the content but you may still enjoy times you are queued & something interesting happens to break the boredom (that's why tehy added all these side features to it, as well)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    The content would have a lot less longevity then. Sure you may not enjoy the queue as much as blitzing the content but you may still enjoy times you are queued & something interesting happens to break the boredom (that's why tehy added all these side features to it, as well)
    Different strokes for different folks I guess. The things OP mentioned just make me not want to bother with brawlers guild at all.

I assume they will change something regarding the rumbles as right now it's too easy to abuse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    In short because it's an MMO and not a single player game. I'm not saying long queues dont suck but Brawlers guild is usually a place when you get whispers from other players or can cheer on guild mates etc.
    '

Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    In short because it's an MMO and not a single player game. I'm not saying long queues dont suck but Brawlers guild is usually a place when you get whispers from other players or can cheer on guild mates etc.
    '
    Like getting whispers from other players is awesome, seriously. I am the recruiting officer of my guild and I get whispers all the time no matter where I am.

You know, you get home from work and have like four hours before sleep time to play. You decide to go try new awesome brawlers guild feature... yes, you get your first fight relatively fast, but then you just forever lost in queue due to people coming doing their 1st battle of the day PLUS this stupid brawl events which make you lose your que. I get it, this is a MMORPG, but MMORPG is fine even when you don't feel like you're trying to get to work in a Tokyo subway, really. Like, locking phase to 10-20 people inside would be just enough for a forced socialization BLizzard has such a huge hard-on for, while not turning everything into a ridiculous que-fest.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Wait, so you mean to tell me there's some randomness to this? Some surprise pvp? Some real risk/reward type of system goin' on? IT'S ABOUT FUCKIN' TIME! Looks like we have some hardcore devs enacting some sweet new (old to me) features to the game. Anyone who played UO for any length of time isnt bothered at all by this shit. Most people who played wow never had to walk the road outside of Vesper. Can only imagine the salt if that shit was still around.

So - you want a PvE solo instance ?

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    So - you want a PvE solo instance ?
    But you do know that Brawlers Guild was ALWAYS about PvE right? Until now that is. I think it is nice that there can be some surprise raidboss spawn or the like but the pvp should stay in Battlegrounds Arena and such imo.

My problem is it's extremely buggy. Someone already mentioned that losing a rumble resets the queue. Sometimes you will kill a boss and it will not end the encounter and when you die you can't release until you relog. More annoyingly, SEVERAL times you can kill a boss and not get the +250 with the guild, so you have to do some bosses multiple times.