That's why Tehr linked Helya as well, there are so many adds in P2. Paladin are usually first in general tho but on Helya, druids can spec into incarnation to spam trash during adds + they have the largest range aoe spells with balance affinity & either legendary bracers (better dmg & range of trash) or chest (not even close to bracers for dps but improves the range provided by balance affinity).

Other than that, it's pretty representative (even if there are just a few parses on Helya) ; Helya isn't a bad fight for BDK in terms of dps considering you can use bonestorm + your 2 charges of BB and adds are almost dead (depends of your raid aoe dps) + your mass grip helps you a lot to dps.

However, BDK may be better on other fights but still they are not the best for aoe dps, burst or not.
    Last edited by Zemask; 2017-01-09 at 08:14 PM.

Anyone acknowledged the Leg Belt change? Doubles our DRW...

I like it for wpvp aspect... shame it will not work in instanced pvp. As for pve, more Blood plague, bigger Vamp Blood Bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeoshades View Post

I like it for wpvp aspect... shame it will not work in instanced pvp. As for pve, more Blood plague, bigger Vamp Blood Bubble.
    Doesn't this change only effect heart strike in regards to the legendary, this doesn't cause DRW blood plague to effect Umbilicus Eternus. I could be wrong and this would be a welcome change.

On another note I really wish they would have made bloodworms more competitive, would have loved another reason to gear more crit and thematically I really enjoy it.
    Last edited by NightTrain32; 2017-01-09 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeoshades View Post

You are misreading this. DRW already applies extra blood plague dots, however these do not count towards Umbilicus Eternus (As far as i've tested). This change makes it so that the extra Heart Strikes cast by DRW also reduce the cooldown of Vamp Blood if you have Service of Gorefiend.

- - - Updated - - -

Have they reverted the Boneshield change? I couldn't see it in the patch notes.

If so, I'm gonna be pissed. Literally the only thing I was looking forward to in this patch, that and the Legendary DPS trinket.

(Blood) Service of Gorefiend: Now activates an additional time (two additional times with Mouth of Hell artifact trait) while Dancing Rune Weapon is active.

I don't know what that disaster is, but hopefully it's not related to our legendary waist.

It means Vb Cd is furthet reduced by HS via DRW
    Quote Originally Posted by a wiser man
    Tanking should not exist just to let healers and dps have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coramac
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?
    WeakAura sets with Rotation Helpers: Vengeance - Brewmaster

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    (Blood) Service of Gorefiend: Now activates an additional time (two additional times with Mouth of Hell artifact trait) while Dancing Rune Weapon is active.

I don't know what that disaster is, but hopefully it's not related to our legendary waist.
    Its a very small buff, probably results in an extra maybe 20 second cooldown reduction of Vamp Blood if you use it at the same time as DRW.
    Last edited by Spryte; 2017-01-10 at 12:10 AM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Helya isn't the greatest metric for measuring AoE DPS honestly, and realistically if you look at that chart, aside from bear druid there is nothing that's really out of line. The only reason Bears are so high is because the range of their AoE with the proper legendary items and with balance affinity is pretty large, which is perfect for everything on Helya as far as padding, or doing damage goes. Every other tank doesn't really have that luxury. Adds don't really live long enough to even consider taking bonestorm on that fight to begin with. In my raid on the first set they die really quick, and on the second set with my grip they die in 3 seconds. Blood mirror or even purgatory is a better pick here.

Blood DK damage is really high during DRW and still pretty good in consistent damage. It's just not going to be super high when you have adds running all over the place, or ones that die in seconds.

As far as the belt goes it's a pretty decent buff actually and can have you chaining CDs for quite sometime. VB > DRW will mean an additional VB pretty quickly after your DRW drops off. 6 seconds per heart strike inside DRW, instead of 2, with a lot of your GCDs generally being heart strike withing DRW anyways. It's not huge, but it's something.

I've run some napkin math (that I don't particularly feel like typing all over again since I forgot to save the document), and Blood Tap is viable in Mythic+, but not so much for raid bosses that are largely single target. Specifically, assuming a standard Heartbreaker/Rapid Decomposition build, you lose about ~.25 death strikes vs. Ossuary but instead gain 1 Heart Strike vs. 5 mobs, so it's a slight DPS gain/survivability loss. However, Blood Tap provides much more flexibility, and it really shines if you'll be taking Rune Tap.

Quote Originally Posted by Philondra View Post
    I've run some napkin math (that I don't particularly feel like typing all over again since I forgot to save the document), and Blood Tap is viable in Mythic+, but not so much for raid bosses that are largely single target. Specifically, assuming a standard Heartbreaker/Rapid Decomposition build, you lose about ~.25 death strikes vs. Ossuary but instead gain 1 Heart Strike vs. 5 mobs, so it's a slight DPS gain/survivability loss. However, Blood Tap provides much more flexibility, and it really shines if you'll be taking Rune Tap.
    This is the first expansion I have played DK at all and I am curious to the correct way one would use Blood Tap. At high 30s in haste I rarely have much down time in my rotation to need an addition rune, is the reason to take this the ability to have a rune on demand in case you accidentally press heart strike or marrowrend to many times?

Blood Tap is useful at lower haste levels, (low 20s and below) and also creates more time in your rotation via. marginally fewer Death Strikes, but it really shines with Rune Tap so that you're never caught flatfooted for damage reduction.

Essentially, Blood Tap is one Heart Strike or Rune Tap, with the added bonus of helping you recover if for some ungodly reason you let Bone Shield drop off. If you're not GCD locked and haven't taken Rune Tap, its a DPS gain over Ossuary (edit) in AOE-heavy content.
    Last edited by Philondra; 2017-01-10 at 04:30 AM.

Deleted
    It seems they buffed Blooddrinker through the roof :O
    In addition to the 130% damage buff the 3sec channel is now reduced by haste AND ticks can crit (also increasing the healing). US ppl in discord were reporting BD is 25-30% of ST dps.

Really looking forward to test ist tonight

Blood drinker is doing some sick damage god damn 1mil crit ticks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schlars View Post
    It seems they buffed Blooddrinker through the roof :O
    In addition to the 130% damage buff the 3sec channel is now reduced by haste AND ticks can crit (also increasing the healing). US ppl in discord were reporting BD is 25-30% of ST dps.

Really looking forward to test ist tonight
    Quote Originally Posted by Khain View Post
    Blood drinker is doing some sick damage god damn 1mil crit ticks.
    Don't worry, Blizzard will nerf it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarlol View Post
    Don't worry, Blizzard will nerf it soon.
    most likely the case. But I bet you stuff like https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done (hint, prot) will go "unnoticed"

Here come dat boi again, sup friends.

Since I'm tanking now, new question - what relics should I stack? Currently have 2x880 on HS and 1x880 on our Dot damage.

Show me the way brothers.

Also, since the patch hit servers, what talents should we use now, readed the patchnotes and sitting here like Homer Simpson over his working desk. Dx
    Last edited by Icypew; 2017-01-11 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Icypew View Post
    Here come dat boi again, sup friends.

Since I'm tanking now, new question - what relics should I stack? Currently have 2x880 on HS and 1x880 on our Dot damage.

Show me the way brothers.

Also, since the patch hit servers, what talents should we use now, readed the patchnotes and sitting here like Homer Simpson over his working desk. Dx
    Anything DPS-related is good and (especially) HS and Blood Plague damage are at the top, so you're pretty much set.

Yeah, i get it. But correct me if I'm wrong - we need to stack all 3 to one trait? No?

I haven't heard anyone suggest that and at least on surface it's not optimal as they have diminishing returns by nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Barael View Post
    I haven't heard anyone suggest that and at least on surface it's not optimal as they have diminishing returns by nature.
    For example - in aoe situations (for defense) Blood Plague Relic would help ALOT because of a shield from it damage after Blood of Vampire active effect.

For damage - HS Relic, for faster aoe clear. I dunno if im wrong, but that is my logic. I interested in solotarget situations - what relic is the best.