[RET] Public Service Announcement

Talents(in most cases):
    Consecration if there is always more than 3 enemies.

Execution Sentence pure single target. (If you have the cape you will ALWAYS pick Final Verdict)

Final Verdict mixed encounter (this may out preform Execution Sentence, you will need to simulate your character because this is largely depends on your stat combination)

Zeal if you have 4 set, or 2-3 enemies (This may pull ahead of Fires in single target, once again you will need to simulate your character)

Fires if you are single target and do not have 4 set

Greater Judgement if there are always 4 or more enemies

Nothing else has changed, Divine Hammers falls too far behind in single target for high level mythic plus content and should only be used in 1-8 Mythic plus dungeons and raid scenarios of 3 or more enemies at all times.

Stats:

Haste soft cap is 20% but 30% is the break point for more Holy Power spenders in Crusade.
    Critical strike is about equal to versatility
    Mastery

Bis relic:
    Increasing Crusade time. Please note this is worth 24 item levels and is stronger than all other relics. The reason for this is in 2.5 seconds you are able to unloaded one or two more holy power spenders. This is several times stronger than a slight percentage increase to Templar's Verdict or Divine Storm.

Thank you Snackfeat for presenting this table

Quick trinket mention:
    Swarming Plaguehive is no longer strong for Retribution paladin due to the removal of blessing of might. Here is an ordered list of our best trinkets.
    1. Convergence of Fates
    2. Draught of Souls
    3. Eye of Command (second place with chest piece)
    4. Kil'jaeden's Burning Wish
    5. Faulty Countermeassure
    6. Unstable Arcanocrystal

Bis Legendary items:
    1. Chains of Thrayn- This is the best legendary item currently available to us, the 20% increased damage during Avenging Wrath/Crusade is much stronger than the capes 12% buff.

2. Whisper of the Nathrezim- This is the second strongest legendary item and falls behind Chains of Thrayn slightly. This is still a very strong legendary however, Chains increase to our burst window has a much larger impact.

3. Ashes to Dust- The only downside of this legendary is that you only get this burst window every 30 seconds and sometimes you might hold of Wake of Ashes, for a few seconds, in order to deal with a large group of enemies.

4. Liadrin's Fury Unleashed- After the nerfs this ring is still a strong legendary item however, it just can not compare to the top three. It will not compete with any of them.

5. Prydaz- The reason why Prydaz is rated higher than Sephuz is because of the other items available. With three stats, and two of them being BIS for Retribution, Prydaz is much stronger than any neck currently available.

6. Sephuz- The change to Sephuz's ability is very helpful. It also provides amazing stats to us however, Sephuz does not out compete all other rings available to us the same extent as Prydaz out competes other neck pieces.

Please note, the new legendary trinket is not worth taking due to the fact that more than two other trinkets available to us out compete this legendary item.

This information can also be found on Icy-veins and is supported from simming several retribution paladins at 880+ numerous times.
    Last edited by Goldenboy1; 2017-01-12 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Adding more explanation as well as where my data is from, fixed wording of BIS relic, added a trinket mention.

How dare you put Prydaz AND sephuz on a list with 'BIS' in the title

Anything to back up this info or is this all just from your own head or something? Doesn't seem too reliable to be honest...

Zeal vs FotJ cannot be summarized like that. Depends heavily on your gear. Zeal still sims about 4% higher DPS (TOTAL, not just Crusader Strike damage) for me without 4p. Though I haven't simmed ilvl 910+ (I'm 891 equipped)

edit: Also your point on Divine Hammer is probably bullshit. I haven't even tested but even on old patch, in any M+ where there are 3 or more enemies at all times, Divine Hammer came out ahead by a decent margin compared to other stuff in that row if you watched your positioning and timing carefully, though most good rets only run it in BRH because in other instances placing yourself in the right place to hit all mobs is annoying since the radius of the ability is small. After patch it's most certainly standard pick for M+.
    Last edited by stolker; 2017-01-10 at 07:18 PM.

Pretty much all of this seems unsubstantiated OP. Putting Prydaz before Sephuz after the changes is a good indicator that nothing is well thought out or backed up by sims.

Quote Originally Posted by barial View Post
    How dare you put Prydaz AND sephuz on a list with 'BIS' in the title
    Hello! The reason why these two items are considered BIS is because of their stats. They do not have throughput abilities however, they give us very strong stats. However, as mentioned they are below the throughput legendary items. Also, the new trinket did not make this list because it currently does not match up to non legendary trinkets.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hopelez View Post
    Anything to back up this info or is this all just from your own head or something? Doesn't seem too reliable to be honest...
    Hi im sorry for not clarifying in my original post, It was a simple and quick response to the flow of "WHAT TALENTS HELP PLOX" messages I have been seeing on MMO-Champion as well as in game and other forums. This data is supported by Sims of several retribution paladins with varying stat weights at 880+ ilv as well as the Icy-veins guide which has been the most accurate to what I am seeing as results. I will edit my original post and make a more detailed description, again this was just a "throw it out there" for the members of the WOW community who seemed confused.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stolker View Post
    Zeal vs FotJ cannot be summarized like that. Depends heavily on your gear. Zeal still sims about 4% higher DPS (TOTAL, not just Crusader Strike damage) for me without 4p. Though I haven't simmed ilvl 910+ (I'm 891 equipped)

edit: Also your point on Divine Hammer is probably bullshit. I haven't even tested but even on old patch, in any M+ where there are 3 or more enemies at all times, Divine Hammer came out ahead by a decent margin compared to other stuff in that row if you watched your positioning and timing carefully, though most good rets only run it in BRH because in other instances placing yourself in the right place to hit all mobs is annoying since the radius of the ability is small. After patch it's most certainly standard pick for M+.
    Youre entirely right! The previous patch where Zeal vs Fires came down to your own stats still remains. However, for those who were dealing more damage right now with Fires, Zeal will be superior when they get the 4 set. As mentioned in a previous reply I am editing this post with the intention of making my claims more detailed.

The only reason I did not recommend Divine Hammer for Mythic + now is due to the higher level content. Anywhere from 1-8 Divine Hammer will be godsend however, once the bosses start having 150 million or more health you need to deal strong boss damage to make the timers. I will mention this in my original post now, I apologize for all the lack of explanation this was meant to be a quick run down.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Titanbane View Post
    Pretty much all of this seems unsubstantiated OP. Putting Prydaz before Sephuz after the changes is a good indicator that nothing is well thought out or backed up by sims.
    The reason why Prydaz is above Sephuz is because of the third stat on Prydaz compared to all other neck pieces. We can get amazing crit/haste rings that are not as good as Sephuz obviously but they get the job done. However, Prydaz is unmatched in terms of neck slots available. The dps difference between the Prydaz and all necks is larger than the increase between Sephuz and all other rings. Sephuz also does not have a chance to proc on every single boss but, its ability is still very strong when you can use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy1 View Post
    Increasing Crusade time. Please note this is worth 24 item levels compared to other relics
    AW trait is not worth 24 ilvls more than all other traits.

Nice 5-minute write-up on how to become a PRO-1337-Mythic-Radiing Ret player.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    AW trait is not worth 24 ilvls more than all other traits.
    Then how many is it worth? Everything I've seen is 24 ilvls more than all other traits for ST.

Quote Originally Posted by wink- View Post
    Then how many is it worth? Everything I've seen is 24 ilvls more than all other traits for ST.
    The trait is worth 24 ilvls, not 24 ilvls more than ALL other traits. If that was the case then every other trait would have to be the exact same dps increase, while that's obviously not the case.

For example the AW trait is worth 24 ilvls, while the TV trait is worth 11 ilvls.

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    The trait is worth 24 ilvls, not 24 ilvls more than ALL other traits. If that was the case then every other trait would have to be the exact same dps increase, while that's obviously not the case.

For example the AW trait is worth 24 ilvls, while the TV trait is worth 11 ilvls.

It would have been lovely if you presented that in the previous comment. I see now how my typo miscommunication information. I apologize but I will be stealing that table and throwing it in my original statement because it is extremely informative and helpful. I will be referencing you though.

Hey man good post! Gj getting some quick info out to the masses. Everyone else so negative XD

Deleted
    Hi everyone.

According to my sim, ES deals better damage than Final verdict, even with the cloak. So there's a contradiction with what was said previously... What shall i do ? :s

People are putting up some crazy parses with ES right now! Rejoice for those of us without the cape!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wink- View Post
    People are putting up some crazy parses with ES right now! Rejoice for those of us without the cape!
    But as i said, dps sims higher even with the cloak :/

Quote Originally Posted by Tancrede View Post
    Hi everyone.

According to my sim, ES deals better damage than Final verdict, even with the cloak. So there's a contradiction with what was said previously... What shall i do ? :s
    The current Retribution relies heavily on your own stats and it is very hard to tell everyone specifically what they should use. However, generally the cape makes TV stronger than ES. You might be dealing more damage with ES due to haste and crit. All of this is very character specific.