Deleted

Question Any frost mage able to keep Icy Veins up after 7.1.5?

Before 7.1.5 I've been able to keep it up with sometimes 10+ seconds left. After 7.1.5 even with Lady Vasj's Graps it runs out with icy veins still on a 40+ seconds cooldown. Is anyone able to keep it up?
    Last edited by mmoca709ddcfcb; 2017-01-11 at 02:08 PM.

Deleted
    Its not intended to keep it up for that long. Even the best frostmagelogs show a uptime around the 50% mark. Just get used to it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomathan View Post
    Its not intended to keep it up for that long. Even the best frostmagelogs show a uptime around the 50% mark. Just get used to it.
    Without it frost mages are useless. My dps plummets from 600k to 400k when icy veins runs out.

Deleted
    Nope, used to have 100% uptime easily before.
    IDK if I should talent but atleast IV lines up with Mirror Images.. this with the fucking -8% flat haste made me a very sad frost mage.

I tried it this morning and nothing seemed to be working for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldura View Post
    Without it frost mages are useless. My dps plummets from 600k to 400k when icy veins runs out.
    "Not sustaining 600k over an entire fight" is not useless.

Nobody else can do that, not sure why you expect frost mages to be able to. We're still the highest ST spec despite the fact sims are only averaging 40% IV uptime now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kzn View Post

Nobody else can do that, not sure why you expect frost mages to be able to. We're still the highest ST spec despite the fact sims are only averaging 40% IV uptime now.
    It is useless when you drop down to 350-400k while everyone else is doing 500k dps.

Quote Originally Posted by kzn View Post

We're not best single target damage. Not at all. Last night in raid, every other DPS was doing around 500K or more DPS.. While I was struggling to do 460K. I was dead last on the DPS meters when I'm normally top 4 DPS in the raid. That haste and Frostbolt nerf really fucked us over. Getting 80K Frostbolt non-crits is just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyButt View Post
    We're not best single target damage. Not at all. Last night in raid, every other DPS was doing around 500K or more DPS.. While I was struggling to do 460K. I was dead last on the DPS meters when I'm normally top 4 DPS in the raid. That haste and Frostbolt nerf really fucked us over. Getting 80K Frostbolt non-crits is just sad.
    seems like you should name change to frostybutthurt for the rest of the patch then

Quote Originally Posted by Thorbalt View Post
    seems like you should name change to frostybutthurt for the rest of the patch then
    Wow that was such a helpful post!

On topic, I went through all 3 specs on Tuesday in my raid. I felt the most sad with Frost. I had so much fun teaching myself frost in anticipation of the patch and then it arrived and frost plays NOTHING like it did pre 7.1.5 when I was enjoying it so much. I'm really sad. I'm probably going to be playing arcane and hoping they bring back some of the on demand FoF generators we used to have that made Frost feel less RNG punishing.