Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Unhappy Mind Sear removal feels terrible

My Priest just hit 108 and leveling is so much worse with mind sear gone.

Having to spend 2 GCDs to start AOEing every time your target dies is so unfun. And since your main target gets more damage than all the others from mindflay AOE (since it has shadowword pain), it's of course always the first to die and you have to reapply swd to aoe the rest down, but your new target will likely die in 1-2 GCDs you then after 1 tick of mindflay aoe you, again, have to swp a new target.

This actually has taken a lot of the fun out of my shadowpriest leveling, whoever thought this was a good decision and how did it get through the PTR? It's not like shadowpriest has 40 buttons to press... with only 1 heal it's actually the opposite really.

I was actually looking forward to those out-of-S2M buffs for this guy, but even the removal of the haste buff after voidform stuns me... that was really fun since the out of voidform rotation isn't really fun otherwise IMHO :/

It felt good when questing to hit a 30+ haste buff after voidform ended because you pulled a lot or a big boss, but now after voidform ends I just feel so... static I guess.
    Last edited by AetherMcLoud; 2017-01-11 at 11:22 PM.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

I personally don't like having a spell that is just like Mindflay but that I have to use only in AoE situations. Also, you can always multidot a few of them to have better aoe, specially on 3-5 mobs scenario.

Well, you AoE by multidotting, not mind searing anyways, so this actually just makes it easier.. Just apply your dots to everything and keep them up by doing your single target rotation in void form basically

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maeds View Post
    Well, you AoE by multidotting, not mind searing anyways, so this actually just makes it easier.. Just apply your dots to everything and keep them up by doing your single target rotation in void form basically
    Multidotting is useless when mobs don't even live 10 seconds though. In the time it takes to get up dots on 5-6 targets I'd have mindseared them down to like 20-30% already in the time it would have taken to dot up all the targets.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chromell View Post
    I personally don't like having a spell that is just like Mindflay but that I have to use only in AoE situations. Also, you can always multidot a few of them to have better aoe, specially on 3-5 mobs scenario.
    If I have SW:P on 3 targets and Mindflay one of them, will all 3 SW:Ps trigger AOEs (the other 2 by being hit by mind flays first aoe) or just the one on my target?
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Should be just the main target that procs the AoE.

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud View Post
    Multidotting is useless when mobs don't even live 10 seconds though. In the time it takes to get up dots on 5-6 targets I'd have mindseared them down to like 20-30% already in the time it would have taken to dot up all the targets.
    Then you would probably be able to kill them faster by just killing one at a time, as mind sears damage was, and is, really low

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Something to try out is the new talent called Mistery. I speeds up your multidotting by not having to spend gcds for Sp: p.
    Just use your normal rotation on mobs and get as fast as possible in Voidform. Mindflaying in between does some crazy damage right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I completely agree.

It might be good end game, geared, but for leveling and and low level farming is awful.

Deleted
    As someone with the legendary ring, fuck the removal of mind sear.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Woah, when did this happen? During the Great Prune?

That sucks, I feel sorry for you guys. I loved Mind Sear when I played my priest.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

OH NO GUYS WE GOTTA DOT UP A FEW THING AND MINDFLAY THEM AS THEY DIE LIFE IS OVER BECAUSE WE DO SO MUCH DAMAGE.

You realise in designer speak you're asking for a nerf in damage right?

Man that's just real smart.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should have shadowcrash in non-raiding situations. And then there's Dragons mythic where it's probably better as well.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Mind Sear was nice going back to old raids to farm transmogs, pets or mounts. One tap of a button and everything was dead, now I have to run around and gather stuff and hope they follow me and not hang out in the back casting on me as I have to run back in my range just to 1 shot them. Or spend another 30 seconds afk til it comes off cooldown because I dont feel like tab targeting 30 times.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've had a fair amount of accidental fauna pulled with mobs which was a little annoying.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

I don't feel like a spell should be balanced around a level 108 scenario where "stuff just dies too fast". Wait until dungeons/raids to see if you like it.

Its fine... until you go farm something in old raids. Which is REALLY terrible, like REALLY REALLY. Literally, swp spam. SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP *that's how killing 3 packs prior to Marrowgar in ICC looks like in 7.1.5*.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Its fine... until you go farm something in old raids. Which is REALLY terrible, like REALLY REALLY. Literally, swp spam. SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP *that's how killing 3 packs prior to Marrowgar in ICC looks like in 7.1.5*.
    Or you could just run straight through them, group them up and use Shadow Crash

Quote Originally Posted by implicationmmo View Post
    Or you could just run straight through them, group them up and use Shadow Crash
    1. That does not work with overabundance of caster mobs
    2. Grouping mobs can take even more time than actually spamming swp
    3. I have to remember changing talents to SC before going to old raids, which is unrealistic lol. No, I won't buy books either.

Like it or not, but our ability to farm old raids took serious hit. Still, I'd better have great aoe tools for current content and shit tools for old content, than vice versa
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    ......Or you just go holy and spam holy nova without even having to target anything?..

Yeah somehow they managed to make Mind Sear worse than it already was.