Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    the source is being cited as credible. he is a former u.k. intelligence agent.
    however the allegations remain "unverified".
    Opposition researcher. Doesn't sound credible to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    Basically, all CNN has done is reported that there was an addendum in the intelligence report Trump received which showed the Russian government may, or is claiming to, have devastating information on Trump and/or his associates. CNN hasn't released any details beyond McCain's involvement because they haven't been ablemto independently verify the information.

In the pathetic excuse for a press conference held today by Trump, both Spicer and Trump conflated Buzzfeed's and CNN's reporting. I think Breccia provided a pretty informative post on what CNN and other legitimate news organizations are reporting.
    Thanks for the summary. Though to be clear, even Buzzfeed said that they hadn't been able to verify the information and there was a lot of reason to doubt its veracity.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I found it funny that people decided to focus on "golden showers" and such. I mean, it doesn't really matter what his sexual fantasies are: true or not, we all have weird preferences, so who cares. What I'm concerned with is that he's likely done something truly compromising with Russia, like participated in one of the corrupt schemes there, like selling weapons to the US-unfriendly regimes... The way he behaves makes me think that there is something on him that, if released, will get him to jail for a very long time - and golden showers hardly qualify.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    #Goldenshowers are serious business... On a serious note, the left just keeps on losing, it's almost as if they were total losers.
    Massive victory for Trump, he now gets to either sue for millions, or revoke Washington press passes. GG.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Yeah, I found it funny that people decided to focus on "golden showers" and such. I mean, it doesn't really matter what his sexual fantasies are: true or not, we all have weird preferences, so who cares. What I'm concerned with is that he's likely done something truly compromising with Russia, like participated in one of the corrupt schemes there, like selling weapons to the US-unfriendly regimes... The way he behaves makes me think that there is something on him that, if released, will get him to jail for a very long time - and golden showers hardly qualify.
    People need something patently ridiculous to defuse the tension of having such a twat heading the government. We really didn't need a fake memo to know Trump's got conflicts of interest, especially related to Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by Therionn View Post
    Opposition researcher. Doesn't sound credible to me.
    apparently he has been credible in the past. regardless, trump's already known russian connections are even more alarming than a hooker sex party.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sforza View Post
    #Goldenshowers are serious business... On a serious note, the left just keeps on losing, it's almost as if they were total losers.
    Massive victory for Trump, he now gets to either sue for millions, or revoke Washington press passes. GG.
    Silencing media is a 'victory' for you?

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    if he didnt have such a hard on for putin i think people would be more quick to dismiss it.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    One of the defining characteristics of authoritarianism.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    One of the defining characteristics of authoritarianism.
    I'm an authoritarian and even I don't agree with silencing the media.

10+ Year Old Account
    People need something patently ridiculous to defuse the tension of having such a twat heading the government. We really didn't need a fake memo to know Trump's got conflicts of interest, especially related to Russia.
    But the nature of those conflicts is not determined yet. Maybe it is something minor that, if goes public, makes him look a bit worse, punching his ego. But I have a suspicion that there is something nasty he's done, something that is bigger than all these rape stories circulating in the media. Given what kind of person he is and what his business practices are, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that he's done something topping the level of Madoff.

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    if he didnt have such a hard on for putin i think people would be more quick to dismiss it.
    And having a hard-on on foreign leaders isn't something typical for him, so, I suspect, there is a veeeeery good reason for his attitude towards Putin and Russia.
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

It was being passed around to notify people that these allegations about Trump were, you know, in existence. Not one intelligence agency has claimed that they are based on a credible source or that they are true.

The funny thing is that 'liberals' know it's bullshit, the only ones getting upset are conservatives - and ironically, it's because it sounds like something Trump would do.
    Personally, what I find objectionable, is that there's plenty of stuff wrong with Trump. There's all manner of conflicts of interest going on, and he should have been forced to publish his tax returns long ago. There's no need - at all - to run these fake news stories about him. Doing so only makes those media companies (and intel agencies), appear inept at best, and makes Trump look like a victim and underdog, which is ironically what got him elected to start with.

It also makes the CIA in particular look like idiots, since this story only got off the ground after they gave that briefing, and news of this was leaked to the press. And you really want me to believe that it's their job to brief the president on every false news article going? Seriously?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm all for transparency. The question is, however, how should the media be held accountable when their group does a mistake?
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Silencing the media comes with authoritarian regimes with extreme left or right ideology.

Having it done so overtly is a bit scary though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    I'm all for transparency. The question is, however, how should the media be held accountable when their group does a mistake?
    Certainly not by holding the group accountable, maybe other media should come out and report what the one of their group makes a mistake.

Sort of like what has happened with many main stream media outlets calling Buzzfeed out on their actions.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

By consumers in a market economy. Its not the place of government to do anything other than mediate libel and slander suits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, i leave that to you people on the left. You are the ones who started this "fake news" BS with the intention to silence anything you don't like.
    Punishing BuzzFeed for defamation on the other hand is the right thing to do and their press pass must be revoked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Their ratings and trustworthiness fall, and people turn to more credible sources. They are accountable due to natural mechanisms of free market.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Certainly not by holding the group accountable, maybe other media should come out and report what the one of their group makes a mistake.

Sort of like what has happened with many main stream media outlets calling Buzzfeed out on their actions.
    That's certainly an interesting approach. I have to say that I admire the other news outlets for taking a stance on what should and what shouldn't define journalism.

Do you think Trump's reaction today was too much? If so, why do you think that?
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Nope, i leave that to you people on the left. You are the ones who started this "fake news" BS with the intention to silence anything you don't like.
    Punishing BuzzFeed for defamation on the other hand is the right thing to do and their press pass must be revoked.
    You seriously overestimate the strength of defamation laws and how they relate to the press.

Nope, i leave that to you people on the left.
    So - now Trump is on the left.

Wow - what a crazy ride this is, this morning he was on the right.