Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Who will get buffed/nerfed before Nighthold?

At the moment it looks like Shadow may be due for a nerf and Hunters may be due for a buff. Any other outliers that you've noticed?

Ret palas are doing quite well, too well actually. DKs are again near the bottom. SP/DH might get a little nerf.

Deleted
    MM very likely.
    All hunter specs are at the bottom.
    At least one of them should get buffed or Im rerolling. The spec itself plays bad enough but if the damage is low too, I will not be playing it.

Spriest dh down. Mm ww up. Win!

Well im biased because I play a hunter but honestly we feel so far behind right now... I abandoned MM for BM in preperation for this patch a few weeks ago but BM is very low too. Even on extremely heavy movement fights I doubt BM could compete with other classes (maybe only on certain fights where you can take advantage of Beast cleave and other cleave abilities fully). I don't even really want to play MM in its new form regardless of the damage so if BM doesn't get some love I don't see me being of much use unless I reroll my class.

Shadow priest is very high and our rogues and fire mage were also very high in our raid tonight.

Deleted
    Rogue/ret/dh/spriest/affliction nerfs
    hunter/mage/enhancement-ish buffs

10+ Year Old Account
    Demon Hunters - nerf.

Spriest and Ret will get nerfed, I would honestly be surprised if they don't. Hunters should probably get buffed before NH but in all honestly, the less of them the better.

I will be surprised if the don't adjust DH havoc numbers.

Who do I think should be or who do I think actually will? The later, no one. The former basically what others have said.

How about everything just gets left alone?

I honestly believe people somehow think that after "balancing" that classes won't be on the bottom of meters.

The constant nerfs/buffs does nothing to combat this.

Guess what? After the bottom classes currently are buffed, NEW classes will then replace them, beginning the cycle anew.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt Havoc will see many (if any) nerfs. They have to spec for st or aoe, and speccing for one guts them for the other
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by Hashcrypt View Post
    How about everything just gets left alone?

I honestly believe people somehow think that after "balancing" that classes won't be on the bottom of meters.

The constant nerfs/buffs does nothing to combat this.

Guess what? After the bottom classes currently are buffed, NEW classes will then replace them, beginning the cycle anew.
    But there is a difference between been at the bottom with a 20k dps difference and last with a 150k dps difference. Perfect balance doesnt exist, but it shouldnt be too far appart, like we're seeing right now.

If they leave it like that, i wouldnt be surprised with nighthold items to have certain class pulling almost double the dps of other classes.

(Why bring 2 hunters *insert random spec* when you can bring 1 shadow priest that will do the same total damage!)
    Last edited by Knaar; 2017-01-12 at 04:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knaar View Post
    But there is a difference between been at the bottom with a 20k dps difference and last with a 150k dps difference. Perfect balance doesnt exist, but it shouldnt be too far appart, like we're seeing right now.

If they leave it like that, i wouldnt be surprised with nighthold items to have certain class pulling almost double the dps of other classes.

(Why bring 2 hunters *insert random spec* when you can bring 1 shadow priest that will do the same total damage!)
    Guldarn Arms warrior Trinket *Cough *Cough,

like no shit, everyone needs to realise the nerfs/buffs are based around NIGHTHOLD, NOT THE CURRENT RAIDS.

but totes magotes, look at the 8m damage in 3 seconds from the use of a trinket for the arms warrior picked up at the last second of the PTR.

some other classes with more haste/attack speed (rogues *Cough), can get the procs down to 1 every 0.2 secodns for 3 seconds.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Deleted
    I doubt they will make many changes. The balance is taking tier sets and trinkets from nighthold into account.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    I doubt they will make many changes. The balance is taking tier sets and trinkets from nighthold into account.
    This is rubbish. Since the MM tier set nerf it's really nothing amazing for MM. Worth far less than some of the specs performing much better.

SPriests are too strong.

Hunters are complete garbage, all 3 hunter specs are the lowest DPS in the current patch.

Highly unlikely we'll see anything before the raid opens up. Despite the whole "sky is falling" mentality from everyone playing something that got drastic changes and now sits at the bottom of the meter, the first week of results (first 1/2 days depending on region at that) is hardly a strong indicator of who is actually strong and who isn't, since players are still testing new specs, abilities, legendaries, and even some small undocumented changes to raid fights in general like Helya adds being bugged or the Guarm leap doing a massive knockup now.

Let it go for a few weeks, see some people with tier sets and new trinkets, THEN worry about the numbers.

feral will sadly get ignored and be shit probably lol
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

I can see Demo warlocks getting a bit of a nerf as well.