Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    They'll build our wall. Then who gives a damn
    I sure hope who ever is a major exporter to Mexico is ready for this. As long as Mexico is not our first or second largest exporter, we shouldn't care. Oh... wait...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I assume you have a source for this.
    http://www.usnews.com/news/business/...ing-oil-income

Oh you kids, I don't really think I need sources for things that are well established facts. Assuming that both benefit from trade (the goods on one side, the money on the other), whats left is the money being sent back and forth, and thats not even including black markets like the drug trade.
    How does the US pay for illegal immigrants? Companies pay them. I'm guessing you're assuming they're taking someone else's job.
    The US pays for them through public programs that allow free riders, like roads, emergency services, and court systems. On top of that, their children who may or may not be citizens benefit from public education which often costs more for non native speakers. Of course, I'm not advocating for deporting American citizens, but we should try not to allow more of them to be born here by non citizens, and they're more than welcome to Mexico with their Mexican citizen parents. If two American citizens had an American citizen child born in another country and they were kicked out, I would expect the child had to go with them.

And yes, they are driving down wages which contributes to increased unemployment and welfare program use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiricine View Post
    http://www.usnews.com/news/business/...ing-oil-income

Oh you kids, I don't really think I need sources for things that are well established facts. Assuming that both benefit from trade (the goods on one side, the money on the other), whats left is the money being sent back and forth, and thats not even including black markets like the drug trade.
    I would wager that the financial benefit of good trade relations with Mexico far outweighs the cost in remittances.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    If they can swim from Cuba, they can swim through Rio Grande... or you know... the Gulf of Mexico... they will just need enouph insensitive to do it. Let's get Mexico to a financial ruin so bad, that a ride back to Mexico is a relief.
    "swim" the rio grande. ha.

I would wager that the financial benefit of good trade relations with Mexico far outweighs the cost in remittances.
    The original point was who benefits more, not whether or not the US benefits, and I actually agree with the point in your latest post. The negotiations won't take place because the relationship is a net negative, they'll take place because the relationship is unfair.

Though of course, assuming there was NOT a good trading relationship, to look at the cost you'd have to compare it to whatever trading relationship took its place, it would NOT be a total loss.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbleduck View Post
    I haven't, in my life, seen a country throwing their neighbors into the hands of the enemy like the.
    Trumpeters have this odd idea that US is the only option, it really is not. Bullying may work for a year or too, but it also opens the door for others to gain ground in the long run.
    You should look at what any other civilized country does to people who cross their border illegally, the only difference is the huge population that has tolerated it for so long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    "swim" the rio grande. ha.
    Yes, swim...

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/MSNBC/Co...otoblog900.jpg
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like an excellent opportunity for China.

7+ Year Old Account
    Which is why you lot are so desperate to artificially preserve uncompetitive American industry, right?
    There are fair points to make on this topic. Yours is not one of them.

I assume you're a pretty modern person in that you feel workers deserve a fair wage. Great. So when other countries have ample labor at fractions of what we would pay them in the US (we would call it slave labor if it happened here) why do you think it's fair to then turn around and say "shit, American industry isn't competitive! Stop blaming others!"

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    It is. China is using the imbecility of trump and his zealots as a golden (see what i did there) oportunity to take power out from your country.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    There are fair points to make on this topic. Yours is not one of them.

I assume you're a pretty modern person in that you feel workers deserve a fair wage. Great. So when other countries have ample labor at fractions of what we would pay them in the US (we would call it slave labor if it happened here) why do you think it's fair to then turn around and say "shit, American industry isn't competitive! Stop blaming others!"
    How is government revenue generated in China?

Why do we have to make this so political? Can't we put all that aside and just watch a dumbster fire together for once?

10+ Year Old Account
    I kind of figured I hit the nail on this head with this earlier as Vyxn stopped responding to me when I mentioned China as well. LoL

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    How is government revenue generated in China?
    Think you quoted the wrong person.

I would be shocked if Mexico agreed to pay for the wall.

Strangely enough in the past Mexico has helped the US with illegal immigration which has included adding fences to prevent crossing near border towns.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    I kind of figured I hit the nail on this head with this earlier as Vyxn stopped responding to me when I mentioned China as well. LoL
    我希望他能想出一个新的论点

It is.

In fact, it's a great opportunity for any country that hasn't forgotten the lessons of basic economics and the benefits of reciprocal trade agreements.

Whatever. Not my problem.
    Retired GM of Temerity - US Top 50 raiding on a strict 3 nights since Ulduar. Check us out!
    https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/hyjal/Temerity

10+ Year Old Account
    我希望他能想出一个新的论点
    我*为有一个更好的机会,你和我*到违反**非英语之前,发生。

Google translate kind botched this one up. -_-

Can't we all just get along?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgrym View Post
    It is.

In fact, it's a great opportunity for any country that hasn't forgotten the lessons of basic economics and the benefits of reciprocal trade agreements.

Whatever. Not my problem.
    Well, when you hear supply and demand in your high school business 101 class, and then totally shut off your mind, you forget basic economics. I feel many of my fellow citizens have done that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    我*为有一个更好的机会,你和我*到违反**非英语之前,发生。

Google translate kind botched this one up. -_-
    现在是我们继续讲这种语言以攻击群众的时候了。

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DrStiglit View Post
    Can't we all just get along?

没有

/
    十个字符

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    If Mexico's money is worthless how will they pay for anything?
    If Mexico's economy is in the toilet how will they produce anything?
    If Mexico can't pay it's workers, who will build anything?
    About Capitalism, do you understand anything?
    And when they all have no jobs guess where they are going to head?