Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    All this speculation is based on the idea that Sargeras still has his planet sized body, which obviously is impossible because if he did then Xera's forces wouldn't be able to do anything, he would just show up in Argus's orbit and WTFpwn them. He discorporated himself in order to propel his Titan Soul into pre-natal Medivh, he was so sure that his victory would be absolute that he didn't consider the consequences of failure. That's why he has to attempt this questionable reincarnate-as-Illidan plan in the first place, because if the Legion could just put him back to the height of his glory, that's what they would do.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    All this speculation is based on the idea that Sargeras still has his planet sized body, which obviously is impossible because if he did then Xera's forces wouldn't be able to do anything, he would just show up in Argus's orbit and WTFpwn them. He discorporated himself in order to propel his Titan Soul into pre-natal Medivh, he was so sure that his victory would be absolute that he didn't consider the consequences of failure. That's why he has to attempt this questionable reincarnate-as-Illidan plan in the first place, because if the Legion could just put him back to the height of his glory, that's what they would do.
    Why would Sargeras be on Argus though ? Thats the Eredar homeworld.I'm guessing Sargeras would make Nihilam,The Doom World,his base of operation.So it would be difficult for him to just appear at Argus.Wouldn't it make more sense that he's been travelling towards Azeroth for all these years and finally gets here when we are assaulting Argus.

Him using Illidan is the same as him using Medhiv basically.A vessel from which he can directly cause damage to Azeroth's armies.And concerning Xera,we can be sure she's talking out her ass most of the time.I am 99% sure she isn't omniscient.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    I can see actually, using us as his new army to destroy the void since his legion in the end had fail to him(he will not aid us directly but he would drop some powerfuls artifacts or given us information from a indirect fountain, etc) and after that trying to destroy us.
    I know right. It opens up so many possible routes for the future of the Warcraft franchise.

Deleted
    Isnt Sargeras body MIA since the Well of Eternity or it was retcon?

Quote Originally Posted by FluxAureo View Post
    Isnt Sargeras body MIA since the Well of Eternity or it was retcon?
    I don't know, but something can confirm that he doesn't have a body anymore.
    In the Nighthold's end cinematic, you can see a rift in the sky showing Argus. Gul'Dan opened a warp between the Great Dark Beyond and the Twisting Nether in order to create a shortcut for Sargeras' soul to possess Illidan's body. We know that Sargeras' Titan body turned unstable when he freed the demons in Mardum because he was exposed to a massive amount of Fel, then his body changed but was really unstable. Then he got injuried when the Well of Eternity exploded while he was crossing the portal there. The arcanic shock could have boost the unstability of his body.

As a former Titan, his Soul can find another vessel (a planet) and since he got fel infused he's bound to the Twisting Nether.

My theory : When Medhiv was killed by Kadghar, the essence of Sargeras in the Guardian went back to the Twisting Nether, but it took a lot of time. His former body didn't make it so he got sealed in Argus' core, in order to be re-built. But the planet is over saturating by fel and unstable, so he plans to find another vessel. And that's Gul'Dan's second order, the reason why he took Illidan and invaded Suramar.
    Now the question : why would Sargeras use a weakier vessel than his previous body? Because Illidan is just a step.
    At the Nighthold, when you defeat Gul'Dan, you can see that the rift is closing himself and Gul'Dan's reaction seems to be surprised and deceived.
    I think Sargeras judged him incapable so he went to Plan B : get the Fallen Avatar at the Tomb of Sargeras.
    That's the reason why he sends his right arm Kil'Jaeden himself.

The last step could be : Azeroth herself.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfRider View Post
    I don't know, but something can confirm that he doesn't have a body anymore.
    In the Nighthold's end cinematic, you can see a rift in the sky showing Argus. Gul'Dan opened a warp between the Great Dark Beyond and the Twisting Nether in order to create a shortcut for Sargeras' soul to possess Illidan's body. We know that Sargeras' Titan body turned unstable when he freed the demons in Mardum because he was exposed to a massive amount of Fel, then his body changed but was really unstable. Then he got injuried when the Well of Eternity exploded while he was crossing the portal there. The arcanic shock could have boost the unstability of his body.

As a former Titan, his Soul can find another vessel (a planet) and since he got fel infused he's bound to the Twisting Nether.

My theory : When Medhiv was killed by Kadghar, the essence of Sargeras in the Guardian went back to the Twisting Nether, but it took a lot of time. His former body didn't make it so he got sealed in Argus' core, in order to be re-built. But the planet is over saturating by fel and unstable, so he plans to find another vessel. And that's Gul'Dan's second order, the reason why he took Illidan and invaded Suramar.
    Now the question : why would Sargeras use a weakier vessel than his previous body? Because Illidan is just a step.
    At the Nighthold, when you defeat Gul'Dan, you can see that the rift is closing himself and Gul'Dan's reaction seems to be surprised and deceived.
    I think Sargeras judged him incapable so he went to Plan B : get the Fallen Avatar at the Tomb of Sargeras.
    That's the reason why he sends his right arm Kil'Jaeden himself.

The last step could be : Azeroth herself.
    That would be pretty cool... When they anounced avatar of Sargeras would be just a fallen husk of former avatar it kinda felt like missed opportunity imo. Defeating true avatar of Sargeras would satisfy both crowds ( those who want to kill Sargeras in raid and those who think it's ridiculous we fight real Sargeras in raid) and it wouldn't hurt Sargeras's established power level in Chronicle.

What I want from Argus planet is to have a large world with more than freaking 5 zones, I want the size of Azeroth - lots of zones, lots of things to do, slow leveling, lots of places to explore as well. Something similar to Vanilla WoW how it used to be back then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatsujin View Post
    What I want from Argus planet is to have a large world with more than freaking 5 zones, I want the size of Azeroth - lots of zones, lots of things to do, slow leveling, lots of places to explore as well. Something similar to Vanilla WoW how it used to be back then.
    Well that ain't happening so yeah sorry to tell you. Are you informed with the fact that it will be part of this expansion's end?

I'm sorry to break it to you but I'm afraid Argus is just going to be a zone similar to Isle of Thunder. I'm doubtful it'll live up to our expectations of a sprawling landmass of interesting events.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrealius View Post
    I'm sorry to break it to you but I'm afraid Argus is just going to be a zone similar to Isle of Thunder. I'm doubtful it'll live up to our expectations of a sprawling landmass of interesting events.
    More like Tanaan than like Isle of Thunder.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    A freaking jungle? Urgh ... That's a fel world, I hope like 90% of that world is all fel-related environment otherwise it wouldn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    But I'm pretty sure there will be 2 zones : the Battlefront and the Eredar capital.
    Battlefront will be 7.3 with and I think the gameplay will look like Isle of Thunder and Broken Shores v2 (patch 7.2): many quests to unlock the whole zone, many portals to open, many locations to take... Once we complete the questline, we will have expeditions waiting for 7.3.5. The patch can contain two new dungeons related to strategical locations we take.
    Eredar Capital will be 7.3.5, we will siege the capital, with a raid access questline leading to a dungeon next to the city. Then the raid will open.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathbourne View Post
    But we're not making Sargeras the good guy.He is still the main villain.But he is too powerful for us to defeat.He is blackmailing us and we have either of 2 choices: 1)Get killed by Him 2) Help him fight the Void. Its basically Evil vs Evil and we're caught up in the middle of it.
    Soo.... NEGAN then? That's even worse! By the time his arch is over people will either be upset we HAVE to kill him or pissed we DON'T kill him and imprison him in the Nether or... and yeah... still pissed about that green Jesus killsteal... someone else does it. The only way to really end this on a high note is kill/defeat/banish, make it the best fight in the history of MMOs, dropping amazballs loot in every phase, give a decent ending that isn't a pale homage to some forgotten scene in a movie one of the devs saw in 1991 and say "See ya in OverWatch!" because at this point continuing WoW is getting more and more silly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    it doesn't erase everything you've ever done.

but starting to undo the bad you did starts with turning good.
    You missed that whole "Gromm for Warchief" thing afterwards, didn't you? I had never felt more sad for humanity. Shit they could stuck him in a blue suit, shaved that Pert Plus™ mop, stuck a marmot on his head put him in front of a "Make Azeroth Great Again!" banner and Grommald Trumpscream could have been leader for both factions.

Jesus Christ someone make me a picture of that, I just fucking mined Meme Gold.

Grunt
    7+ Year Old Account
    The Army of Light is already here, lead by Lothraxion, a Holy Dreadlord. It is in the Paladin / Priest orderhall campaign. The Priest Orderhall, Netherlight Temple is perched on the border between the physical universe and the Twisting Nether.

Archimonde is dead. The audio book 'Tomb of Sargeras' tells us this, as KJ is now giving orders to Gul'dan and is not happy with him at all. Demons can be perma killed in the nether or a place saturated with Fel energy, according to Chronicles I.

Just because Sargeras is infatuated with Azeroth doesn't mean he's in love with it. Ahab was infatuated with his White Whale, he wasn't trying to fuck it. Sargeras sees Azeroth as a weapon, one he can not let fall to the Void. The last Old God infested titansoul he found, he literally cleaved the planet in half, killing the unborn titan inside. Perhaps Sargeras was driven to mercy, or, perhaps he's seen the corruption and more driven than ever to kill Azeroth. She may be ready to hatch, as a Void Titan.

The Demons were essentially a force of nature, coming into the physical universe to feed on souls. They were never organized until Sargeras brought order. They went from Locust swarm to Army.

In the first part of the Illidan quest lien the Naaru calls Illidan "The Child of Light and Shadow, Destined to end the age of Demons."

All this, plus the name of the Ach for killing Archimonde "Time is a Flat Circle" "Everything we have ever done or will do, we are going to do over and over and over again." Assuming we will have the Eye of Aman'thul, as it is listed as part of the ach, we are going to have control over time. Aman'thul gave Norzdormu his power over time. There is a lot there we haven't considered.
    Last edited by CitizenWoot; 2017-01-12 at 03:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a *Holy Dreadlord* not doom guard. Also the army of Light isn't on Azeroth, never really was.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2017-01-12 at 03:56 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Grunt
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    It's a *Holy Dreadlord* not doom guard. Also the army of Light isn't on Azeroth, never really was.
    "Holy Dreadlord!" sounds like what Azerothian Shaggy and Scooby would yell before running away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    Soo.... NEGAN then? That's even worse! By the time his arch is over people will either be upset we HAVE to kill him or pissed we DON'T kill him and imprison him in the Nether or... and yeah... still pissed about that green Jesus killsteal... someone else does it. The only way to really end this on a high note is kill/defeat/banish, make it the best fight in the history of MMOs, dropping amazballs loot in every phase, give a decent ending that isn't a pale homage to some forgotten scene in a movie one of the devs saw in 1991 and say "See ya in OverWatch!" because at this point continuing WoW is getting more and more silly.
    Yea...no fucking way is that a good way to end a story.I dont give a shit about the gameplay.Also i think its high time the playerbase gets its ass kicked for once.Whenever you bring up a Warcraft villain,people just say their gonna be killed by 20 ppl.As a fan of the lore that pisses me off.Thats why i preferred the RTS vaaastly to the MMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathbourne View Post
    Yea...no fucking way is that a good way to end a story.I dont give a shit about the gameplay.Also i think its high time the playerbase gets its ass kicked for once.Whenever you bring up a Warcraft villain,people just say their gonna be killed by 20 ppl.As a fan of the lore that pisses me off.Thats why i preferred the RTS vaaastly to the MMO.
    "Don't give a shit about the gameplay."

Here's the thing, Gameplay does matter so your opinion has been nullified.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

A freaking jungle? Urgh ... That's a fel world, I hope like 90% of that world is all fel-related environment otherwise it wouldn't make sense.
    I mean a big zone, not a small one like Isle of Thunder.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WolfRider View Post
    But I'm pretty sure there will be 2 zones : the Battlefront and the Eredar capital.
    Battlefront will be 7.3 with and I think the gameplay will look like Isle of Thunder and Broken Shores v2 (patch 7.2): many quests to unlock the whole zone, many portals to open, many locations to take... Once we complete the questline, we will have expeditions waiting for 7.3.5. The patch can contain two new dungeons related to strategical locations we take.
    Eredar Capital will be 7.3.5, we will siege the capital, with a raid access questline leading to a dungeon next to the city. Then the raid will open.
    I don't think that they will do 2 zones. Probably one huge zone, and hopefully with a lot of quests and things to do, like Suramar. I feel that Suramar model was a success and that they´re going to do zones like that more often.

And patches x.5 won't include big chunks of content as they already stated. Any new zones, dungeons or raids will come on 7.3
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.