Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Yes. They justified the prices years ago saying that they needed it to compensate for the development costs for creating the automotive systems to do these account services. They've long since paid that cost off now. At this point they're just charging the fee because people are willing to pay it. I don't fault them for it; a business exists to make money. But they don't -need- it to cost anything anymore.

Yes, it's way too much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    Yes. They justified the prices years ago saying that they needed it to compensate for the development costs for creating the automotive systems to do these account services. They've long since paid that cost off now. At this point they're just charging the fee because people are willing to pay it. I don't fault them for it; a business exists to make money. But they don't -need- it to cost anything anymore.
    It's a database script. Of all the hilariously poor excuses they could come up with, this has to be one of the worst.

7+ Year Old Account
    $30 is too little. WoW is a role playing game where your character should have permanence in a game world along with the other characters on that server. Things like changing a person in the world to a different race or transferring them to a different server is just weird from an immersion stand point. It should be priced to the point where only someone who really really REALLY wanted to do it would bother to pay the fee. Maybe $150 or so would be an acceptable price.

10+ Year Old Account
    It has always been too much, and it has always been kind of complained about. It has never changed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mask View Post
    $30 is too little. WoW is a role playing game where your character should have permanence in a game world along with the other characters on that server. Things like changing a person in the world to a different race or transferring them to a different server is just weird from an immersion stand point. It should be priced to the point where only someone who really really REALLY wanted to do it would bother to pay the fee. Maybe $150 or so would be an acceptable price.
    This could be applied FROM RP servers only, because WoW is an MMO first and an MMORPG 10th.

10+ Year Old Account
    That faction change charge has become a slightly more important part of new expansion costs that, ironically, were caused by catering to said crowd. So worship it, respect it and eat the shit sandwich that the HC raiding community made for itself when a large chunk of the casual community (myself included) was driven away in WoD.

In short: you and your game deserve each other now.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    faction change could be lower now. Lowering the server change cost will open the way to market exploitation by moving auctionable items from server to server on a daily basis.

I made a few millions (3 TCG mounts and 2000-2200 living steel) in WoD buying Champion's Honor at 7k on my PvE server and selling them at 20-21k on OutlandEU within two server transfers. Allowing cheap server transfers will ruin the economy on every low pop server

Deleted
    I don't think $30 is to much if you want to just move a single character, but the thing is that me and probably a lot of other people want their main and alts on the same server. To move all of them is $360, which feels a bit to much.

There should be bulk transfer discount, especially if you are trying to evacuate a stack of alts. Offer a BoA option that moves an entire server's worth.

If Blizzard wants to keep complaining about server costs, offer us a discount from transferring from high-pop to low-pop. I'd love to recover alts that are trapped on full servers, but it seems Blizzard would rather have them plugging up the queue than moving elsewhere.

It's way too expensive. I have the money and am willing to pay when necessary but i really hurts recruitment.

It's 30 $ because they know there will be people who will pay it.
    Yes it's too much. It should be free with just a CD - IIRC it's actually how it works in some other MMO with much less financial power. But as long as people pay, why lower the price ?

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes! Its way too much. I think that it is something, which should be even free for some periods.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Of course, it's too much. Their reasoning is to dissuade customers doing it all the time.

It's cheap enough to be reasonable for those who really want it but high enough in price to be a deterrent to keep people from doing it willy nilly.

30$ is a small sum of money to get your char where you want it. I boosted 6 of my alts to 100 before Legion in case I wanted to play them. If i don't level them to 110 during legion I will boost them all to 110 before the next xpac in case i feel like playing them lol.

Way too much if you have more than one character to server change.

there's no real reason to charge for it at all, other than that they can. If database load or gameplay shenanigans (AH manipulation, raid lockouts etc) are a concern they could easily be addressed with waiting periods, queues or timed embargoes while letting the 'average' player move a character between servers when they want to.

I'd be curious to know how many subs they've lost due to people being on dead servers or otherwise unable to play with different groups due to not wanting to transfer, but I assume somebody smart has studied it and concluded that charging for transfers and character boosts is the better financial strategy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No it's pocket change
    Its 6 pizzas.

Thats alot of pizza.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

15+ Year Old Account
    They should change server change to 5-10 dollars but just decrease faction change by 5 to 25. However also remove the choice of changing faction when changing server. Mostly because raiders change for mythic progression and if you stay within your faction it is painless. It takes more if you want to switch factions. This also keeps the faction balance as stable as it is currently instead of a mass change from one to the other if it was cheap.

This is assuming you could change faction when changing server, I can't remember if that was possible. Eitherway changing servers now is basically just current Mythic raiding anyway so there is no reason it isn't possible because of cross-realm and such.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Could it be Cheaper? Yeah it could.
    Does it need to be Cheaper? Nah not really.

Probably helps stop a lot of toxic server jumpers.
    omfg fuck you, only because of your avatar, your avatar alone has made me stressed out and annoyed
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    omfg fuck you, only because of your avatar, your avatar alone has made me stressed out and annoyed
    Then my plan is already complete within the first day.