Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is this good or bad?

'Hunters: Lore mentioned that class tuning hotfixes are coming soon, including for Hunters!'
    Saw that on front page of mmochamp, is that good or bad for us (or for say BM in particular) browsed a few forums but didnt find them really helpful since therie as many complaining about hunter as ppl enjoying them - so are we getting buffs or nerfs?

Î'm kind of a Farseer, so here's what's going to happen:

Increased MM hunter damage by 30%.
    Increased BM hunter damage by 8.3%.
    Decreased SV hunter damage by 1.003%.

Followed by a 4-line blue post talking about class fantasy blabla and big future changes coming with 7.2 and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    Î'm kind of a Farseer, so here's what's going to happen:

Increased MM hunter damage by 30%.
    Increased BM hunter damage by 8.3%.
    Decreased SV hunter damage by 1.003%.

Followed by a 4-line blue post talking about class fantasy blabla and big future changes coming with 7.2 and whatnot.
    better yet

"We heard your feedback about how you dislike aimed shot being 60% of your damage, so we went ahead and brought it down to arcane shot damage levels"
    "We discovered a bug with Hati that could cause the 3rd boss of AQ 20 to not give loot, so we've reverted the speed change"
    "To avoid confusing newer players we've reduced the duration of way of mok'nathal to 1.1 seconds and removed the disengage talent, there will be no replacement talent until 9.2"

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Here are my really optimistic predictions:

Marksmanship
    Aimed Shot damage increased by 15%.
    Aimed Shot cast time increased by 30%.
    Vulnerable duration decreased by 1s.

Beast Mastery
    Kill Command damage increased by 10%.
    Master of Beasts artifact trait no longer causes Hati to use Kill Command.
    Dire Beast now has 2 charges by default (3 with the legendary).
    Cooldown of Dire Beast increased from 12s to 20s to compensate for the additional charge.
    Due to a bug, Beast Cleave was causing pets to deal 100% damage to nearby targets. Has now been adjusted to the intended value of 50%.

Survival
    Mongoose Bite has been removed.
    Due to the tremendously positive feedback we have received regarding Waylay, we have reduced the base damage of Steel Trap by 50% and increased its Waylay bonus from 500% to 1200%.
    Cooldown of Caltrops reduced by 3s to further confuse newcomers to this specialization.
    Survival now has 5% more Versatility rating in instanced PvP.
    Last edited by Kaeth; 2017-01-12 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormmantis View Post
    'Hunters: Lore mentioned that class tuning hotfixes are coming soon, including for Hunters!'
    Saw that on front page of mmochamp, is that good or bad for us (or for say BM in particular) browsed a few forums but didnt find them really helpful since therie as many complaining about hunter as ppl enjoying them - so are we getting buffs or nerfs?
    If BM gets nerfed then... I'll be speechless

Why would they nerf Survival? regardless on where it sits within the hunter specs as far as dps, all Hunters are at the bottom of the totem poll. All 3 specs need and require buffs, MM needs major talent changes to make the rotation more fluid.

Blizzard hasn't demonstrated spectacular competence in this regard, but what has to happen is they need to give a blanket buff that doesn't change the relative value that Aimed Shot and Marked Shot currently have with one another. If Marked Shot damage increases relative to Aimed Shot then it will move to the top of the shot priority and RNG will be added back into our single target rotation as we fish for Marked Shot procs for focus dumps since we use them all on CD. This will also massively buff our already immense stacked cleave/AoE any hope we have of ever seeing median single target DPS will die with that change.

If Aimed Shot is buffed relative to Marked Shot, we will return to a Marked -> 3x Aimed static, immobile rotation that was predicted based on the pre-undocumented changes that happened the day of the patch. As bad as some people feel about the current rotation, it is objectively more mobile than that. Any change that doesn't involve the removal of vulnerable is going to need to keep the current ratio of Marked Shot, Windburst and Aimed Shot damage consistent. Otherwise we will either lose mobility or lose the ability to expect anything but sub-par single target.

If it's bad then we are all doomed. We specifically got called out to calm us down. If they don't follow through with sweeping buffs I don't know what to say. Also I really hope that ALL the specs get some more love and not just the poster child.

What I will say in Blizzard's favor is their undocumented change indicates they are starting to understand the tightrope they have to walk with Windburst, Marked Shot and Aimed Shot balance in relation to each other and how it affects not only our single target, but our AoE/Cleave and mobility as well. Don't look at the numbers, look at the mechanics. You may not like Arcane Shot spam, but at least that last minute change on patch day slightly mitigated an even worse rotational nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Threndsa View Post
    If it's bad then we are all doomed. We specifically got called out to calm us down. If they don't follow through with sweeping buffs I don't know what to say. Also I really hope that ALL the specs get some more love and not just the poster child.
    "Tuning" when every indication is that all 3 specs of a pure dps class are performing well below the next worst dps class absolutely means increasing damage across the board. Those increases will likely not be equal, but there is zero chance that all the specs dont get some love in the form of directly increasing damage output, imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shartay View Post
    "Tuning" when every indication is that all 3 specs of a pure dps class are performing well below the next worst dps class absolutely means increasing damage across the board. Those increases will likely not be equal, but there is zero chance that all the specs dont get some love in the form of directly increasing damage output, imo.
    That will fix the class to be competetive, but MM needs more than that, its a mess

I'll take what I can get. I want to be useful in Nighthold Tuesday, not in late February.

Deleted
    They have a serious problem on their hands, because every raiding hunter is sitting with MM legenda and high AP in MM artifact. MM not coming out the top spec goes completely against what they promised regarding balance and class changes.

im fine with the build focus system of spamming arcane, but the current Patient sniper talent is fuking aids, we dont need buffs to aimed, we need a fuking rework or delete to the current PS talent

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not a tuning problem It's the mechanics of the spec that are broken.

I assume they are going to just revert us back to 7.1 Sidewinders build with additional buffs. Give us an increased focus pool and bringing back up sidewinders focus regeneration. In addition, i'm assuming they are going to hard buff aimed, marked, and arcane shot. They also might buff our T90 talents, possibly just scaling up all of the numbers linearly as I do believe they are all pretty balanced right now.

Knowing the devs, here's what I'm thinking...

Arcane Shot generates 6 focus, up from 5.

Multi Shot generates 2.5 focus per target hit, up from 2.

Vulnerability's damage bonus increased from 100% to 150%. Duration increased from 6 seconds to 8 seconds.

True Aim stacks increased from 10 to 15.

Aspect of the Cheetah's cool down decreased from 3 minutes to 2 minutes.

Volley is now a proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeth View Post
    Here are my really optimistic predictions:

Beast Mastery
    Kill Command damage increased by 10%.
    Master of Beasts artifact trait no longer causes Hati to use Kill Command. This is a nerf, you really want bm to be nerfed? hunters need buffs.
    Dire Beast now has 2 charges by default (3 with the legendary). This would make legendary almost useless, they won't do it
    Cooldown of Dire Beast increased from 12s to 20s to compensate for the additional charge. Great, lets make a focus starved spec, more starved,-> more downtime.
    Due to a bug, Beast Cleave was causing pets to deal 100% damage to nearby targets. Has now been adjusted to the intended value of 50%. Another nerf.

You really hate BM, just ask to delete the spec, please.
    /ironic mode on
    Great opinions you have.
    /ironic mode off

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geran View Post
    /ironic mode on
    Great opinions you have.
    /ironic mode off
    /ironic mode on
    I was so obviously being 110% serious with the post you quoted. It'd be ridiculous to assume from the numerous context clues that it was sarcastic.
    /ironic mode off

Quote Originally Posted by Roosta View Post
    They have a serious problem on their hands, because every raiding hunter is sitting with MM legenda and high AP in MM artifact. MM not coming out the top spec goes completely against what they promised regarding balance and class changes.
    Or if you are unlucky like me..have 3 shit legendaries in healing pants, sephuz and MM wrist so it doesnt matter. I switched to BM 2 weeks ago and am at 40 traits now, still waiting for that legendary for BM any day now.