Can't decide: Resident Evil 7 or Tales of Berseria?

Can only afford one at the moment.

Resident Evil 7:
    I loved resident evil 4, completed the entire game (as in everything there was possibly to do)
    I loved resident evil 2, completed the entire game (as in everything there was possibly to do)

Tales of Berseria:
    I loved Tales of Symphonia, Tales of Graces, Tales of Zesteria, Tales of Vesperia, and Tales of Xillia. I generally complete the entire game, or get very close to the maximum amount of trophies/achievements/etc. In the case of Graces, Vesperia, and Symphonia, I fully completed them.

Both games have strong roots in my mind, I love the idea of a survival horror game right now to stream, something challenging that I can put down or have fun reactions with, however I also love the idea of entering a sprawling world where I can get lost, and explore and adventure.

I'm pretty much at a loss as to which to play.

Any help?
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Resident evil 7 looks very good and i like the new style alot, it's also focus back to horror this time around. Cant speak for the other game though.

Personally I'm going to wait on RE7, Going to buy it when I get a PSVR.

Trade in some games and get both maybe?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

Hate trading in games, I'm very much a physical media person, every game I own, is a game I want to own.

I think we all know RE7 will drop in price in a week, Tales tax will keep Beseria close to full price for years.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I think we all know RE7 will drop in price in a week, Tales tax will keep Beseria close to full price for years.
    What makes you say it'll drop price? Right now both are $47 for me on amazon

Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    What makes you say it'll drop price? Right now both are $47 for me on amazon
    Because RE7 is shipping in huge units as RE always does, this means a large percent will trade it in that week like any release because noawadays chodes buy games purely because a talking head told them to "get hype" then they refund it. That stock has to shift so the price drops. Niche releases like tales are always shipped in smaller numbers and sell slower so dont drop in price. Vesperia on xbox 360 kept full price for YEARS. RE6 was on deep sale the week of release. You wait for RE7 it will get cheaper fast, Berseria will be as expensive now as it will be for months and is the better to buy early.

Because RE7 is shipping in huge units as RE always does, this means a large percent will trade it in that week like any release because noawadays chodes buy games purely because a talking head told them to "get hype" then they refund it. That stock has to shift so the price drops. Niche releases like tales are always shipped in smaller numbers and sell slower so dont drop in price. Vesperia on xbox 360 kept full price for YEARS. RE6 was on deep sale the week of release. You wait for RE7 it will get cheaper fast, Berseria will be as expensive now as it will be for months and is the better to buy early.
    I remember Tales of Xillia being incredibly cheap shortly after it released, I think the same remained true for Zesteria?

There's a demo out for Berseria, so you can try it out (to an extent).

Quote Originally Posted by Trifle View Post
    There's a demo out for Berseria, so you can try it out (to an extent).
    Pretty much every tales game is exactly the same as far as I'm concerned. I like werewolves, and I enjoyed Zesteria. So there is that. But RE7 feels like it has more potential for streaming

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    But RE7 feels like it has more potential for streaming
    Yes and no, RE7 will have a far bigger audience (in its first week) but also a huge amount of competition. Berseria has a niche audience but you won't be thumbnail #300 in its Twitch directory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty simple for me, Resident Evil 7 (was a gift, preorder) and then I'll get Berseria when it goes down to $10 on Steam.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Tales of Zesteria was $20 less then 8 months after release.

The days of Vesperia/Graces F price holding are gone with Tales. Both of the Xillia games, Symphonia HD and Zesteria all dropped in price really quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

I have a PSVR and the game really doesn't have a VR mode, at least the demo which they said was in VR did not. Basically its just your TV pressed against your eyes with no 3d virtual reality depth that any other VR game has. So if you're wanting to buy it for the VR experience, you'll be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post
    I have a PSVR and the game really doesn't have a VR mode, at least the demo which they said was in VR did not. Basically its just your TV pressed against your eyes with no 3d virtual reality depth that any other VR game has. So if you're wanting to buy it for the VR experience, you'll be disappointed.
    That is really sad to hear, a first person horror like that in VR sounds amazing.

- - - Updated - - -

Suppose my tales of berseria stream title will be "Do you really want to watch me grind and guide?"

Personally i'd take Tales of Berseria over Residen Evil 7. I wouldn't buy RE to begin with as i've never been a fan of those games. I guess it really depend which you're more excited to play

10+ Year Old Account
    I really liked the RE7 demo. I don't know how well it will translate into a full game because it felt more like a tech/engine demo than a demo to real game.

Resident Cosplay Progressive