Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Justin Trudeau was portrayed as a superhero. What's his power? Toxic masculinity? Try again Tenn. Your cognitive dissonance is showing.

Hasn't bullshit like this been debunked enough already?

Sounds like some sniveling bedwetter just doesn't want kids liking superheroes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You have proof that it is false?
    Yeah, the last 60+ years where we had lots of them and didn't all turn into rage monsters incapable of existing.

http://psychcentral.com/news/2017/01...en/115028.html

How eye opening. We really need to be more aware of the dangers of what we expose our kids to.
    It's almost like there is a need to do some... y'know, parenting, instead of analyzing what's the best fire-and-forget form of entertainment we can dump our children in front of to raise them while we're on facebook.

Cmon man. The OP posted a new groundbreaking research regarding this and you think "this is false" suffices? Provide credible evidence to prove that the study isn't accurate.
    Its certainly new, but that doesn't mean anything.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    I agree. Those SJW changes, in the last years, on superhero comic books can indeed provoke aggression bursts on some individuals - and rightly so!
    there have been next to no sjw changes in comics. that's just false information they have been doing the same things they have been doing since the silver age of comics.

Superman teaches kid to save kittens from trees, not beat up old people. So I'd imagine that this study is full of crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    there have been next to no sjw changes in comics. that's just false information they have been doing the same things they have been doing since the silver age of comics.

Oh no??

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post

Oh no??
    its a joke panel.... they have always had things like this just with different themes.

Cmon man. The OP posted a new groundbreaking research regarding this and you think "this is false" suffices? Provide credible evidence to prove that the study isn't accurate.
    The guy took a survey on only 260 children. That's not groundbreaking. The internet has been doing those for years to find out which harry potter character people are.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Image Snip

Oh no??
    Hi5~

But hum, yes, that is just part of our imagination and is, in fact, proper and good writing.

its a joke panel.... they have always had things like this just with different themes.
    I hope so... because that made me throw up in my mouth.

Deleted
    First the religious right tried to bash video games/comics/music, seems like the regressive left is trying to do the same now.

I remember the times I didn't feel embarrassed to call myself a liberal. Seems like it's my side wants in on the whole 'stupid'-train as well.

7+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Joke panel?? This isn't a Deadpool or Howard the Duck comic. This is something that's expected to be serious. You don't expect Odin's father to be commenting about M.R.A.'s or the Gaza strip. Why would an asguardian god give a flying fuck about those things? This comic only sold 3 issues too before it got cancelled. What does that tell you?

Here's another panel written by marvel. They think that we're mad about this because they're making Thor a woman, and it's SJW garbage, when in fact it's for a completely different reason.
    Last edited by Mister Cheese; 2017-01-13 at 03:21 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Joke panel?? This isn't a Deadpool or Howard the Duck comic. This is something that's expected to be serious. You don't expect Odin's father to be commenting about M.R.A.'s or the Gaza strip. Why would an asguardian god give a flying fuck about those things? This comic only sold 3 issues too before it got cancelled. What does that tell you?
    expected to be serious? really they have crap like this in all kindas of comics from cap to thor.

10+ Year Old Account
    expected to be serious? really they have crap like this in all kindas of comics from cap to thor.
    Those are actually funny. Becoming political is not.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    The bigger problems with comic book films is that they're boring and sucking money and staff from more creative films
    deadpool was my top movie of 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

7+ Year Old Account

Here's another panel written by marvel. They think that we're mad about this because they're making Thor a woman, and it's SJW garbage, when in fact it's for a completely different reason.
    have you read the new thor? theirs what 5 or so panels like this while the rest of it it just like any other thor comic. ya they really must have filled it with sjw garbage cause they made some joke panels about butt hurt readers.

10+ Year Old Account
    have you read the new thor? theirs what 5 or so panels like this while the rest of it it just like any other thor comic. ya they really must have filled it with sjw garbage cause they made some joke panels about butt hurt readers.
    No, not really. They're taking away an established character "because reasons". Because they want to reach a more widespread audience that doesn't even read comics in the first place.

You can't even get attached to superheroes in comics anymore because they're getting changed constantly. Bruce Banner/Hulk who is my favorite, is now dead. DEAD. And he's been replaced. Why? I dunno. Wolverine got replaced. Captain America got replaced. Iron Man got replaced with Iron Heart.