10+ Year Old Account
    Had a play i did 3x m+12 before work FUCKING LOVE IT !!!! We go Skittish in EU and finally melee is not dying
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The current issue I am having with devestator is more of a mechanical one. I love spamming my buttons to play as latency efficient as possible. With the great WA (thanks for that again) I start mashing my buttons the instant it turns colored. Sadly I waste too many Shieldslam proccs by doing so, since I am spamming either tc or revenge, depending on wheather I have to get the vengeance buff rolling for my next IP or not. Of course it is clear, that I´d prefer Shieldslam over that. Is there something I miss?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nicbizz View Post
    You ... you lovely, lovely man. I could kiss you right now. THANK YOU!

edit: whoops, getting the following error

line 2: local revenge_cost = GetSpellPowerC...
    '(' expected near 'local'

edit2: Fixed that by putting () after IsRevengeFree in the snippet.
    Ups sorry. Copy pasted from my "workbench" :P
    Fixed in original post.

Btw prot warrior with devastor is like: youtube.com/watch?v=Q1eAeZjTMjU
    Last edited by mmoc6d39390bfc; 2017-01-12 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    The current issue I am having with devestator is more of a mechanical one. I love spamming my buttons to play as latency efficient as possible. With the great WA (thanks for that again) I start mashing my buttons the instant it turns colored. Sadly I waste too many Shieldslam proccs by doing so, since I am spamming either tc or revenge, depending on wheather I have to get the vengeance buff rolling for my next IP or not. Of course it is clear, that I´d prefer Shieldslam over that. Is there something I miss?
    If you are looking to follow the Devastator guide and maximize defenses, the best approach I've found is to repeatedly tap Shield Slam button slightly before and for a fraction of a second after Auto-Attack goes off (requires tracking AA, which you should be doing). Immediately after that, press either Revenge or TC.

If you follow the approach above, what you'll find is that, if Shield Slam reset from the Auto-Attack, you will immediately use it. If it does not reset, you can quickly capitalize on the narrow window in which either Revenge or TC should be used (i.e., before using them would cause the GCD to eclipse your autoattack), allowing you to take advantage of any Shield Slam resets triggered by Revenge/TC before your AA goes off again.

Having practiced both the technique above and the "Fuck it! Spam everything on cooldown!" approach, both are entirely viable in most situations; however, if you are likely to take a big burst of damage (e.g., Flashing Fangs, Odyn's Spear), you're best off implementing the technique described above about 10-15 seconds before you anticipate taking the spike to ensure you have pooled sufficient Rage for a beefy IP. Outside of that, feel free to go HAM on your abilities and enjoy both the extra damage and the steady flow of Ignore Pain.
    Last edited by Arker42; 2017-01-12 at 06:13 PM.

Prydaz gives arms and fury (which is unfair on its own) 25% hp shield and only 15% for prot. Is it working as intended? I guess so, just making sure. Also is it working like this for all tanks?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arker42 View Post
    If you are looking to follow the Devastator guide and maximize defenses, the best approach I've found is to repeatedly tap Shield Slam button slightly before and for a fraction of a second after Auto-Attack goes off (requires tracking AA, which you should be doing). Immediately after that, press either Revenge or TC.

If you follow the approach above, what you'll find is that, if Shield Slam reset from the Auto-Attack, you will immediately use it. If it does not reset, you can quickly capitalize on the narrow window in which either Revenge or TC should be used (i.e., before using them would cause the GCD to eclipse your autoattack), allowing you to take advantage of any Shield Slam resets triggered by Revenge/TC before your AA goes off again.

Having practiced both the technique above and the "Fuck it! Spam everything on cooldown!" approach, both are entirely viable in most situations; however, if you are likely to take a big burst of damage (e.g., Flashing Fangs, Odyn's Spear), you're best off implementing the technique described above about 10-15 seconds before you anticipate taking the spike to ensure you have pooled sufficient Rage for a beefy IP. Outside of that, feel free to go HAM on your abilities and enjoy both the extra damage and the steady flow of Ignore Pain.
    Thank you for the insight. Could you be so nice to elaborate on the "entirely viable" part, regarding mashing everything on cooldown method? How large is the difference?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    Prydaz gives arms and fury (which is unfair on its own) 25% hp shield and only 15% for prot. Is it working as intended? I guess so, just making sure. Also is it working like this for all tanks?
    Yes, Prydaz is 15% for tanks only.

Also if anyone has the belt I would recommend trying the Booming Voice/AM build for M+, at least on keys below 10, it's actually quite fun and powerful for AoE but pretty meh on single target.
    Last edited by Konnery; 2017-01-12 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    Thank you for the insight. Could you be so nice to elaborate on the "entirely viable" part, regarding mashing everything on cooldown method? How large is the difference?
    The 'mashing method' essentially involves executing your Devastator rotation without delaying for Auto-Attacks and using Revenge frequently outside of free procs. You will still generate considerable amounts of Rage and deal substantial damage; however, you will also be constantly spending Rage on Ignore Pain and Revenge to continue the Vengeance cycle and lose out on extra Shield Slams. The net effect is less uptime on Shield Block and less pooling of Rage to be used for when you actually need to use Ignore Pain.

If incoming damage is steady and predictable, you can get away with, and in fact excel by, mashing through your Devastator rotation without paying attention to your Auto-Attacks and consistently using IP/Revenge. However, if the encounter involves massive damage spikes, you put yourself at risk by not ensuring you have sufficient Rage for a chunky IP to smooth out the damage. In those cases, you will want to utilize the technique I mentioned before, which will help you properly use Devastator defensively.
    Last edited by Arker42; 2017-01-12 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    It's not like dps are cheering "yay! I got prydaz today!" most of them are like "fuuuck that could have been my bis instead".

But yea, tanks get less or rather dps get more just to make it less crappy for the dps.

Good lord, Prot Damage was buffed so much I couldn't do my survivability rotation on the Drakes without pushing the first one. I had to seriously turn away so they didn't get hit by revenge Easy 250k HPS, too. 315k HPS on Xavius... Spec feels great.
    Last edited by Toybox; 2017-01-12 at 10:16 PM.

Thanks, Macrologia, Akmandor, and Marok, for the write up and I am going to assume the creation of the weak aura.

I have one question, I tend to play better based on sound ques versus visual; so while the visual que is great is there a way to make it also be a sound que. Where in the weak aura that turns it red, can I put it to also trigger one of the basic weak aura sounds, ie bike horn or something. Also how do I do that?

Thanks
    -Horn

Quote Originally Posted by shm0 View Post
    Hi
    To track the free revenge procc with tmw.
    Create a lua snippet with following code:

As condition use lua (advanced) under miscellaneous.
    And enter IsRevengeFree()

Code taken from this WeakAura
    wago.io/NJeZW75_Z
    All credit to Khakhan
    Thanks a bunch. Managed to finish my TMW now.

Had my frist raid with devastator yesterday... feels a bit to powerful...
    I think the bracers or the talent will get nerfed. Ok i'm only raiding heroic (885 ilvl) but i don't think i should be able to tank bosses w/o a healer.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Good lord, Prot Damage was buffed so much I couldn't do my survivability rotation on the Drakes without pushing the first one. I had to seriously turn away so they didn't get hit by revenge Easy 250k HPS, too. 315k HPS on Xavius... Spec feels great.
    How was the damage buffed?

Deleted
    A little unsure about something.

I tend to spam the Shield Slam button just before the swing timer ends, so if it procs I get an instant Shield Slam. So is it a loss to TC/Revenge immediately after since there seems to be enough of a window in the swing timer? The WA seems to want me to do nothing until the next melee swing.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    How was the damage buffed?
    Devastator, basically. Running full defensive trinkets/build & focusing solely on survivability (no 2nd Old War potion), I managed to pull 365k DPS while intentionally turning away from the Dragons to use Revenge. In 7.1, my highest on the Drakes was just over 300k, which was playing a fully offensive build - This was enough for a top 20 rank (probably still in the top 20).

No gloves, though.
    Last edited by Toybox; 2017-01-13 at 12:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    is it in mythic or heroic? because on mythic dragons i can barely do 180k in 882 equip

Quote Originally Posted by Wogga View Post
    is it in mythic or heroic? because on mythic dragons i can barely do 180k in 882 equip
    Ahhh, I meant the Drakes on Mythic Cenarius My bad. I definitely see why that was confusing...

Did do 312k on Dragons of Nightmare though, again with a 100% fully defensive rotation/no gloves. Got nowhere near 300k in 7.0/7.1.

I did avg 210-220k dps on bosses in Kara yesterday, with my 871ilvl. And we did Moroes with all adds, which wasn't as tough as it was before, with constant IP spamming. Good dps is so pleasant to watch

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Ahhh, I meant the Drakes on Mythic Cenarius My bad. I definitely see why that was confusing...

Did do 312k on Dragons of Nightmare though, again with a 100% fully defensive rotation/no gloves. Got nowhere near 300k in 7.0/7.1.
    Can you link your armory pls