Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Comfort Zone View Post
    Ah, to be young and arrogant again. :P

This list comes from a lack of self-awareness, not a place of misoginy. Women are biologically driven to be selective, so of course they will drag on a date as it makes them feel good (especially at that age). There is nothing inherently wrong with that.

Now from a dude's perspective - you want to score and not waste time, which is okay, but one-sided relationships are not good relationships. One can only hope that realizing this is part of the school exercise's goals.
    It's Utah, they don't have sex until marriage and even then feel guilty

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Assuming the shit they are getting 'triggered' about is actually benign.
    In this case it seems to be, at least to me. You can make a case from the LGBT angle but the actual assignment doesn't say "go out with the opposite sex". As for the suggestions given it amounts for a majority of people in the sense that most guys are interested in women and vice-versa. You can't really expect a list of suggestions for every possible scenario i.e. from guy -> guy, girl -> girl, MtF -> girl, MtF -> guy, etc.

Other than that it's mentioned in the actual assignment that going as a group is a good idea ("The best way to do this is to go with a group...") so it's pretty clear that it's not a "You must go on a romantic date with someone of the opposite sex".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Malacrass View Post
    But actually encouraging people to go on a date and get physical? That's just one step too far.
    Except for the part where the physical part isn't encouraged. You can write and discuss points and it's a good way of doing things but actually experiencing things with these points in mind and then discussing about how you felt about certain things is more useful.

Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    I think its bloody weird that a school is setting homework to go on a date, wtfs up with that?
    Probably in a run up to sex education lessons later in the year or the follow year, correct ways to go about it, respect etc etc

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    or " liberal cuck triggered by basement dwellers triggered by outraged sjw mom"
    I'm gonna counter with "fragile rightfeeler triggered by liberal cuck triggered by basement dweller triggered by triggered sjw mom"

So what's "feminine" by Utah standards? I sort of think about Mormon girls/women here, with their long dresses and long hair always braided.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont really like girls who act "feminine and ladylike". it usually seems fake and forced. much rather people just be chill and be themselves.

also those lists, lol. feels like they were written by 15 year olds. i love all the contradictions between each one too.

i actually like the schools intent behind all this but jesus christ, the lists are just terrible
    3ds fc 0576 4895 9192
    ice safari with snorunt sneasel and lapras

pm me if you add me!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    I think its bloody weird that a school is setting homework to go on a date, wtfs up with that?
    I wish my school taught me how to go on dates. I've corrected my teachers on astrophysics before, dating is the real thing they should have tried to teach me.

Had it been the school itself describing how a girl should be on a date, then the SJW's might have had something to complain about. But these were just suggestions collected from guys, opinions from individuals. The girls always had power to act by their own discretion.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Deleted
    That is some sleazy homework imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracos854 View Post
    Why is adult roles included in a financial literacy class? It's weird dating is something you figure out not something that needs to be taught in school. My only outrage here is that they are adding this crap to a very important subject.
    Probably because "financial literacy" doesn't have enough material to fill a full learning cycle. Beyond that, I suspect they are looking at this class as a "life skills" class. Nothing that will help you with most jobs out there, but still information that can help you as a person. So to that end, the subjects seem to fit if nothing more than loosely.

Also to note, I find it pretty funny that the mother enrolled her daughter into a class with the title "adult roles" and was surprised this was the type of topics they would be covering.

So these people went on actual dates together, or this was just a "hypothetical date" on some classwork?
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

You guys are killing me with this "It's Utah man!" comments. This could be any state and you guys would say some silly "Only in xxx". Here is a basic, how to go on a date and what to expect assignment. Barely worth a shoulder shrug, much less outrage.

Deleted
    God can you just imagine how shit this assignment must be if you are someone who is picked last for teams at physical education?

Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post
    "Woman outraged by Utah dating homework triggers basement dweller into outrage"

The irony of the easily triggered being triggered by people being triggered.
    Savage. /thread

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    So these people went on actual dates together, or this was just a "hypothetical date" on some classwork?
    It was hypothetical, so there wasn't a specific person targeted or assigned as their "date".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    It was hypothetical, so there wasn't a specific person targeted or assigned as their "date".
    it's very weird to put a budget limit, a "we did this" and a "sign here" thing on a hypothetical thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    You guys are killing me with this "It's Utah man!" comments. This could be any state and you guys would say some silly "Only in xxx". Here is a basic, how to go on a date and what to expect assignment. Barely worth a shoulder shrug, much less outrage.
    no sir...they only go on dates in Utah. No where else is the world do people go on dates. They only teach sex ed everywhere else. Basically, they getting directly to the point. They realized dating was frivolous and a waste of time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    it's very weird to put a budget limit, a "we did this" and a "sign here" thing on a hypothetical thing.
    I'm sure the 'budget' part plays into the "financial literacy" aspect of the class. Teaching kids they can have a decent time with a date without spending an extravagant amount of money.

united states lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    Probably because "financial literacy" doesn't have enough material to fill a full learning cycle. Beyond that, I suspect they are looking at this class as a "life skills" class. Nothing that will help you with most jobs out there, but still information that can help you as a person. So to that end, the subjects seem to fit if nothing more than loosely.

Also to note, I find it pretty funny that the mother enrolled her daughter into a class with the title "adult roles" and was surprised this was the type of topics they would be covering.
    There is not enough time in the world for financial literacy makes you wonder what in the hell these educators are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    lel you are right, you said "any state" not any "country".

united states lol confirmed.