7.1.5 fire string

I just simmed myself using 2112123 build and got the following pawn string.

Pawn: v1: "Mcpenco": Intellect=10.18, CritRating=7.64, HasteRating=8.18, MasteryRating=5.83, Versatility=7.45

Does that make sence? is haste better for me than crit until a certain point?

Here my my armory link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Mcpenco/simple

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ya, I did a bunch of simming both with AskMrRobot's simulation and the latest simcraft 7.1.5 client that was available and both were rating haste much much higher than crit.

I don't know if there is some new weird haste break point that we need to hit or something but I tried out the suggestions from AMR and from the stat weights I plugged into pawn from simcraft and my DPS plummeted substantially. So my suspicion is that something is broken that is given haste far too much value for us. Since if I am not mistaken the AMR Simulations are based off of SimC's simulation engine.

Time will tell I guess....

Im going out on a limb here but I believe its so you can get 1 more PF/pyro in during combustion due to losing a fireblast charge

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekill View Post
    Im going out on a limb here but I believe its so you can get 1 more PF/pyro in during combustion due to losing a fireblast charge
    You might be right with FB's c/d tied to haste and the reduction in the c/d with the new Flame on talent this might be the case but it seems bizarre and also didn't really pan out in my tests.

Additionally just a quick look at the fire mages that ranked on some mythic fights on warcraftlogs.com last night all were still crit stacked so I am not convinced that haste is the way to go.

Ok, so I simmed myself and I should be doing 375k on a 5 minutes fight.

After 3 5 minutes fights on the dummy, i am averaging around 360-370k on a 5 minute fight.

The problem is when I go in the details of my sim, it says that around 12s, i should be peaking at 800k dps. I can't seem to peek over 600k with this build (2112123).

Now, i do not know if the sim takes lust into consideration (I am not using lust) but my rotation goes like this:

Prepot - Fireball - MI - Meteor and combust right before it lands, PF if first FB did not crit and then FB-pyro etc. After I run out of charges, I use my DB (I have helm).

What am I doing wrong? why can't I even come close to the 800k peak?

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone else having this problem?
    Last edited by Mcpenco1234; 2017-01-12 at 01:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekill View Post
    Try to not use Flame on and see what happens
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by Mcpenco1234 View Post
    Ok, so I simmed myself and I should be doing 375k on a 5 minutes fight.

After 3 5 minutes fights on the dummy, i am averaging around 360-370k on a 5 minute fight.

The problem is when I go in the details of my sim, it says that around 12s, i should be peaking at 800k dps. I can't seem to peek over 600k with this build (2112123).

Now, i do not know if the sim takes lust into consideration (I am not using lust) but my rotation goes like this:

Prepot - Fireball - MI - Meteor and combust right before it lands, PF if first FB did not crit and then FB-pyro etc. After I run out of charges, I use my DB (I have helm).

What am I doing wrong? why can't I even come close to the 800k peak?

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone else having this problem?
    Are you using rune of power or mirror images in your rotation (just had to ask).. also dont use meteor on start when bursting. get 5 stacks of pyretic incantations before you throw that big ball of destruction maybe that is what's lacking. Give it a shot

I use MI (that's what simmed an 800k burst)

My opener is: prepot - fireball - MI - Meteor - combust just before Meteor lands - PF if the FB didn't crit then continue with fb - pyro, etc.. (PF when I run out of fb charges).

Is there a better opener?

Deleted
    If i sim myself i get something like this :

Int 10.43, Haste 7.43, Versa 7.36, Crit 7.23, mastery 7.18

Can it be right, or did i something wrong? Im not that experienced with simming :/

Armory: im not able to post links ;D

Xevyi-Mal'Ganis (EU)
    Last edited by mmoc6d52ccfe70; 2017-01-13 at 06:50 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Tofy View Post
    Are you using rune of power or mirror images in your rotation (just had to ask).. also dont use meteor on start when bursting. get 5 stacks of pyretic incantations before you throw that big ball of destruction maybe that is what's lacking. Give it a shot
    This is incorrect. The reason is that its not worth losing a pyro proc in combustion simply for an extra 4-6% damage on meteor. This can be different depending on haste values and GCD values but for the large majority of the times, its not worth it. Also he is using Mirror Image, which is better on single target for most people and is more reliable (since you sometimes have to move out of rune).

- - - Updated - - -

Pawn: v1: "Mcpenco": Intellect=10.18, CritRating=7.64, HasteRating=8.18, MasteryRating=5.83, Versatility=7.45

The reason haste sims higher now is because Flame on reduces CD of Fblast and it gets reduced even further by haste. Also cinderstorm (if taken) is also reduced by haste. To add to that there is also the thing where you can fit extra globals in combustion. The large majority of it though is the reduction of FBlast and Cinderstorm. After getting around 5.4k haste you will see crit starting to overtake it

10+ Year Old Account

There is a haste cap(1800) that pulls haste a bit better then crit. If you have acess to the altered time forum, you should go on and read the topic. Its just clarify all your questions about stats right now ������

15+ Year Old Account
    how come u only have 42% crit?

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    how come u only have 42% crit?
    Armory is showing lower crit % than what it actually is. My armory shows that I've got 44.63% crit, where as in game I've actually got 59% or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizie View Post
    Armory is showing lower crit % than what it actually is. My armory shows that I've got 44.63% crit, where as in game I've actually got 59% or something like that.
    Sorry if this is out of topic, but were you ever on Terokkar EU, i knew a guy with your name a VERY long time ago.

FYI the current SimC nightly is bugged. Saw something on the mage discord about the distance to the target not being factored in or something.

I simmed myself and got:

( Pawn: v1: "Daxrath": Intellect=11.20, SpellPower=10.68, CritRating=7.63, HasteRating=7.06, MasteryRating=9.01, Versatility=7.50 )

Does that seem right or have I done something wrong? Mastery being better than Crit?

Daxrath Kazzak EU if anyone is kind enough to have a look for me
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock