Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Anybody else feeling less(UH)?

This is my first thread where I might whine(Ive been a whiteknight for this class long enough), but got frustrated now.

How come I deal less after the patch? I went from 95+% to 70-80%. I got bracers and 24crit, 24haste 55 mastery.

Generally, my rune generation feels WAY slower now. It feels like a slow spec, I never had this issue before(still running with castigator/SR).

It's not about logs, I just wanted to talk about what you guys are experiencing.
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2017-01-13 at 08:45 AM.

You might consider checking a new 7.1.5 guide.

I found this one very informative.

Deleted
    They intentionally toned the ressource generation down, so that people would not constantly overcap on Runic Power.
    If you want that "overcapping" feel back just wait for the 4set + guldan trinket.

Deleted
    Im experiencing less SS/Claw casts, as they take 1 rune per cast and more Death Coils(before I would priotize SS as I would have the runes for it and even cap on runic power).

It feels slow(as of less SS use)and I deal less damage. I also find myself in situations, where I just wait for resources(can't cast anything at all).

It's so bad for me, that I was thinking of there is any bug or something.

What is your experience?
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2017-01-13 at 09:04 AM.

Deleted
    UH is dead in the water. people just clinging onto it for some reason whilst they pretend it is not clunky and needs a rework.

They nerfed runic corruption and pestilent pustules because there were people whining about capping a resource that barely contributes to damage (runic power), during heroism and good rng streaks.
    After these nerfs we have less resources and get to spend a lot more time auto-attacking, waiting for runes to come up.
    Isn't that the greatest feeling? So much better than having a full RP bar and wasting some RP /endsarcasm
    I hope I'm just overreacting and that with setbonus things will be fine again.
    Although it still kinda sucks that something gets nerfed and then we have to collect this set'bonus' just to get it back.
    Kerathane Main DK

Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    UH is dead in the water. people just clinging onto it for some reason whilst they pretend it is not clunky and needs a rework.
    No it isn't. To make up for the rune regen nerf we got lots of other buffs and are very competitive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    Im experiencing less SS/Claw casts, as they take 1 rune per cast and more Death Coils(before I would priotize SS as I would have the runes for it and even cap on runic power).

It feels slow(as of less SS use)and I deal less damage. I also find myself in situations, where I just wait for resources(can't cast anything at all).

It's so bad for me, that I was thinking of there is any bug or something.

What is your experience?
    What Legendaries do you have besides bracers? While I agree that the specc plays a bit slower now and has some downtime (as intended) it was okay for me in yesterday's raid and I pulled good numbers. Uvanimor and Draugr give additional runes and can offset the feeling a bit.
    You'll also need to change your gear around. Less crit, more mastery (assuming you play with our returned Lord and Savior CS).

(Very funny to see you complaining about Unholy )
    Last edited by Galathir; 2017-01-13 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    This is my first thread where I might whine(Ive been a whiteknight for this class long enough), but got frustrated now.

How come I deal less after the patch? I went from 95+% to 70-80%. I got bracers and 24crit, 24haste 55 mastery.

Generally, my rune generation feels WAY slower now. It feels like a slow spec, I never had this issue before(still running with castigator/SR).

It's not about logs, I just wanted to talk about what you guys are experiencing.
    I would suggest looking into the new Mastery build, or at least a flavor of it. If you don't have the gear to get into 65%+ mastery then it might not be as helpful to switch just yet. I'm just shy of 80% myself and saw an uptick from 100k to 50k in EN last night on every fight. The old crit build will be slower because of the changes and because it is slower it will do less DPS. This is why the mastery build shines. The slowness doesn't hurt it as much because each attack is just that much stronger now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    Unholy seems extremely strong to me and the only dps legendary i have is sephuz. Obviously just anecdotal.

Deleted
    There is like 150K DPS difference between the best performing frost and UH. The 90%~ frost knights is still doing more than the best performing UH(Frost seems to be the new Shadow Priest with the reworked BoS which is cool).

TBH; I don't think that the 4set will close the gap.

I can't take it anymore. I was expecting something else. Dreams crushed.
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2017-01-13 at 03:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Give it time. People are still trying to get their UH sets up to par after the buffs. With how well Mastery is doing now, I'm sure UH will be very viable in Nighthold. People are saying that BoS Frost will be king, but it is going to be incredibly hard to use Breath even with the 4p because of how the ability works and how fight RNG goes. Logs are looking pretty good for Unholy right now, and I would say a good chunk of that is people that have swapped to it recently and don't have perfectly optimized sets.
    I'm just here to complain, if I'm being honest

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixark View Post
    Give it time. People are still trying to get their UH sets up to par after the buffs. With how well Mastery is doing now, I'm sure UH will be very viable in Nighthold. People are saying that BoS Frost will be king, but it is going to be incredibly hard to use Breath even with the 4p because of how the ability works and how fight RNG goes. Logs are looking pretty good for Unholy right now, and I would say a good chunk of that is people that have swapped to it recently and don't have perfectly optimized sets.
    Yeah, youre right.

There is like nothing else but mastery on NH gear, so that will help.

Quote Originally Posted by Icypew View Post
    You might consider checking a new 7.1.5 guide.

I found this one very informative.
    Why did they nerf the ghoul’s Sweeping Claw/Vile Gas damage?

the guy says that they nerfed that 40%

isnt that because now they ignore armor??

You probably are holding RP capping as everyone did before now you should be dumping RP when 3-4 runes are already on cd, the only acceptable time you should hold on capped RP is during lust.
    And with bracers nerf you should be aiming for 4-5 wounds before using SS if youre playing with castigator and 2-3 wounds without castigator.

I myself havent seen much difference from before except that i have to use more death coils to proc RC, and im trying to avoid capping RP the only downside is that Death Coil still doesnt do enough damage.
    Last edited by Kendros; 2017-01-13 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shonist View Post
    Why did they nerf the ghoul’s Sweeping Claw/Vile Gas damage?

the guy says that they nerfed that 40%

isnt that because now they ignore armor??
    Ghouls do shadow damage now. As long as you are above 65% mastery (I think), it is a buff.

Deleted
    I dont get people who think that having open GCDs is a bad thing.
    Its great, since it makes you less reliant on having to stick on target 24/7 and also adds tactical gameplay.
    For example now you can actually spam abilities during SoW proccs and safe them else.
    A bad player will just continue spamming abilities like before, a good player will know when not to.

But it doesn´t surprise me that the same people who dont like it also think that ressource overcapping has anything to do with haste/heroism. Which is plain wrong.
    Last edited by mmoc6ca09c3993; 2017-01-13 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xlink View Post
    Ghouls do shadow damage now. As long as you are above 65% mastery (I think), it is a buff.
    You need 66-67% for the Ghoul to break even.

It's a direct nerf to Castigator builds which usually runs much lower Mastery.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aryc View Post
    You need 66-67% for the Ghoul to break even.

It's a direct nerf to Castigator builds which usually runs much lower Mastery.
    Wrong, the dmg was reduced since it now ignores armor. So with 0% mastery the dmg is the same as in 7.1. But even with a Castigator build you will be around 50% mastery, so it´s a buff for any build.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by burk23 View Post
    Wrong, the dmg was reduced since it now ignores armor. So with 0% mastery the dmg is the same as in 7.1. But even with a Castigator build you will be around 50% mastery, so it´s a buff for any build.
    I believe in this case this person was right. The UH guide going around even says it was a nerf to Castigator, because you have to have 67% mastery iirc to break even after the hotfix. Anything below that and your ghoul is doing less damage. Check this guide for more info; https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...ZOYzR4L0/edit#
    I'm just here to complain, if I'm being honest

I wish my Castigator gear had 50% mastery! I got screwed b/c I don't have good jewelry slots .

The armor portion is more relevant for PvP. PvE doesn't use armor, whereas PvP still does. If they changed it to shadow w/o the nerf, then the pet dmg in PvP would be higher, but PvP has set stats, so I'm not sure 'how much' this'd matter outside of world pvp.