Page 2 of 73 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    Trump's not in office yet, but I hope he has a plan to replace.

He just can't leave nothing. It's 2017.
    Hahahahaha.

Oh wait, you're serious? I'm terribly sorry to disappoint, but...

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    I mean, I think it is, yeah. Everyone has a computer in their pocket. We can access literally the entirety of human knowledge with a few clicks. So there really isn't a good reason to be misinformed on something as important as health care. I guess I'll just never get over the rampant stupidity that seems to afflict so much of our electorate. Blame it on the education system, I guess.
    I have a relative who thought Obamacare was a program that gave free insurance to minorities. These people are willfully ignorant because listening to the misinformation soothes them right on the bigot spot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Go to hospital, not pay cause cant pay, declare bankruptcy and then raise prices for those who can pay.
    That would be the lower class that went through, poor people had government coverage. Like my brothers friend who was born with Kidney problems and even had a transplant all on the government dime. I am not arguing our health insurance before Obamacare wasn't shit then either, but to say people are going to die without ACA is just a scare tactic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    And how did they manage before Obamacare?
    A lot people didn't? They literally just went without insurance and had conditions worsen or put themselves into impossible amounts of debt.

And how did they manage before Obamacare?
    Two ways

1. Go to emergency room and get treatment, be unable to pay bills and declare bankruptcy, taxpayers proceed to foot the bill.

2. They fucking died.

Deleted
    No one is going to lose their lives over this, that's just a scare tactic used on ignorant people.
    isn't an important part of obamacare that insurance companies have to insure you? like they can't deny you insurance or charge you extreme amounts because of pre-existing conditions and the like?

if they remove that, then yes, people will die.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeyenut88 View Post
    I'm interested in what they plan on replacing it with. But I bet it will favor the insurance companies and hospitals and not the consumers or physicians. Smart people would just fix what is broken with the damn law and to waste time repealing it.
    well ACA favored all of those too so it wouldn't be much of a change if the replacement did too.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    This is what critics don't understand. Forget the "The ACA is fine, but get rid of Obamacare" memes that have been going around. Lives are going to be endangered if this gets repealed. The insurance industry isn't around because they care about the health of our country. They are a for profit business. The second the ACA is repealed, the "can't discriminate against people with pre-existing conditions" portion of all of our healthcare plans will go away. That means those who need the insurance most will once again be unable to get it.

I'm one of the people who'll be screwed. I've been fighting cancer now since November of 2015. I'm considered a high risk investment for the insurance company and they'd love to kick me off their plan. Prior to the ACA, that kind of thing happened all the time. Hell, when I worked in the industry, I had to explain to a family in person why we couldn't insure the applicant who was in his 30s because, as a teenager, he had cancer (15+ years prior). That's 15 years without any signs of it coming back and we still wouldn't insure him. I'm honestly scared of what will happen. I don't want to die because I can't afford my treatments. I HAVE insurance now and I've still had 2 fundraisers just to help with my medical expenses. I've seen 3 different doctors this week alone (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday). I have another 2 appointments next week and 3 the week after (so far). What am I going to do if I can't get insurance?
    Pay your damn bill its not my responsibility to pay it for you. I am tired of this what about me. Is the system broken yes it is. Is right that you get screwed no. But its not right to screw me over in the process just for you. Since the ACA went into effect my insurance bill for my family premiums have gone from $150 a month to over $750 and month. At the same time my deductible has gone from $1000 to $4000. So no I am sorry my family comes first you do not.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Died rather than going into debt.

Not very woke, are you?
    First off this wasn't about cost it was saying they were going to die without it. second If you think you won't go into dept having insurance then you don't understand how insurance works. It isn't oh I pay this and everything is covered. You kids really don't understand how insurance works.

I have insurance, my wife has insurance, she went to the emergency room over a kidney, stone, still had to pay 1,000 dollars, how many of you burger slingers could afford that?

10+ Year Old Account
    That would be the lower class that went through, poor people had government coverage. Like my brothers friend who was born with Kidney problems and even had a transplant all on the government dime. I am not arguing our health insurance before Obamacare wasn't shit then either, but to say people are going to die without ACA is just a scare tactic.
    So we should just skip a class of people then? Then theres people like me who fall through the cracks. Dont make enough to buy my own health insurance, parents make too much to qualify for gov aid. WTF am I supposed to do, other than beg my parents pay for it every month (and while i have an excellent relationship with mine, not everyone does)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenius View Post
    Pay your damn bill its not my responsibility to pay it for you. I am tired of this what about me. Is the system broken yes it is. Is right that you get screwed no. But its not right to screw me over in the process just for you. Since the ACA went into effect my insurance bill for my family premiums have gone from $150 a month to over $750 and month. At the same time my deductible has gone from $1000 to $4000. So no I am sorry my family comes first you do not.
    Good thing your personal problems in your family mean exactly dick to the rest of the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    So we should just skip a class of people then? Then theres people like me who fall through the cracks. Dont make enough to buy my own health insurance, parents make too much to qualify for gov aid. WTF am I supposed to do, other than beg my parents pay for it every month (and while i have an excellent relationship with mine, not everyone does)?
    You're missing the point... this isn't about cost, the ignorant OP stated people will die because of this and that's bullshit. I am not even discussing the broken healthcare system or the UNafordable care act cost.

10+ Year Old Account
    First off this wasn't about cost it was saying they were going to die without it. second If you think you won't go into dept having insurance then you don't understand how insurance works. It isn't oh I pay this and everything is covered. You kids really don't understand how insurance works.

I have insurance, my wife has insurance, she went to the emergency room over a kidney, stone, still had to pay 1,000 dollars, how many of you burger slingers could afford that?
    And how much more affordable is $1000 instead of $35,000? No one can seriously be this dense.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    I'd imagine a lot of the people who voted against it are like this gentleman
    Well, they do say that laughter is the best medicine, so at least something good came out of this.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

10+ Year Old Account
    but to say people are going to die without ACA is just a scare tactic.
    A more realistic example is something like this:

I get kicked off my health insurance because ACA gets repealed. One day I notice a pain in my neck. I don't go to the doctor because I don't have health insurance. Live with this pain for several years, because I don't have health insurance. Eventually the pain is so bad that I go to the doctor. I have a tumor on my spinal cord. If I went to the doctor 3 years ago, I could have caught this and treated it. But it's too late. The cancer has spread. Now I'm going to die in a few months.

That shit will absolutely happen if people get kicked off their health insurance plans.
    Eat yo vegetables

10+ Year Old Account
    You're missing the point... this isn't about cost, the ignorant OP stated people will die because of this and that's bullshit. I am not even discussing the broken healthcare system or the UNafordable care act cost.
    Well, some may because people do fall through cracks. Especially since insurance is a business, and when left to their own devices will save as much money as possible in whatever legal way they can.

People having insurance encourage early or preventable care, which lowers the death rate considering if you catch things early, you have a high chance of beating most things.

If you pay for health insurance, you are paying for other people's medical care. That's how insurance works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Deleted
    Im sorry but fuck you.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't have to be "poor" to not afford insurance mate.

Do you not understand how the ACA exchanges work?

"Poor" people can't buy Obamacare. If you are "poor" you get medicaid. ACA exchanges sell insurance to people who are above the threshold considered "poor", IE: they can't get medicaid when Obamacare goes away.

This on top of the fact that many covered by medicaid will also lose their coverage since the ACA also brought a medicaid expansion.

So how exactly are those "too rich" to get medicaid and "too poor" to afford private insurance (without the exchange/subsidy provided by the ACA) not at risk when the ACA is repealed? Like if they have heart failure and they need a transplant? A hospital will not do that for free. The government will not pay for it? How exactly does someone like that not die because the ACA is repealed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    A more realistic example is something like this:

I get kicked off my health insurance because ACA gets repealed. One day I notice a pain in my neck. I don't go to the doctor because I don't have health insurance. Live with this pain for several years, because I don't have health insurance. Eventually the pain is so bad that I go to the doctor. I have a tumor on my spinal cord. If I went to the doctor 3 years ago, I could have caught this and treated it. But it's too late. The cancer has spread. Now I'm going to die in a few months.

That shit will absolutely happen if people get kicked off their health insurance plans.
    That's not acceptable. Basically all of the other countries in the G8 have affordable healthcare. Why are these politicians so scared of that.