Page 8 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So, a Forbes contributor posted his opinion based off of his personal experiences and...?

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Literally every argument against the ACA is a fucking anecdote.

Why don't you people ever link some actual evidence? Because the only data I have seen says the exact fucking opposite?

http://money.cnn.com/2016/10/24/news...care-premiums/

Quote Originally Posted by Fenius View Post
    No just poeple like you
    People that care about others than just themselves?

Then I'll take your sad venomous replies with honor.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    More like. Obamacare took broken thing and broke it more, Obamacare bad.

That can't possibly be your conclusion.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    And I'd fucking take it.
    Same here - ironically, it does need fixing. Mainly because the GOP tried to kill it when it was originally passed instead of working with their colleagues and bringing the United States into the 21st century.

Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    I kinda hope Trump does single-payer, just to see how the hysterical left would respond.
    Most aren't as petty as you paint us in your head.

10+ Year Old Account
    I kinda hope Trump does single-payer, just to see how the hysterical left would respond.
    Honestly? Id be for it. Im not concerned with the person or party that does it, just that it gets done

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    They would rejoice - it's what's best for the country, which was the entire point of putting the ACA together in the first place.

i would be impressed. and i would gladly eat all of my hate of trump and follow him as the god-emperor
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Fenius View Post
    Then you obviously have no idea what an actuary is or its role in a company. Let alone have the mental capacity to understand the math involved.
    Resorting to personal attacks instead of providing a substantive argument? Lel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    i would be impressed. and i would gladly eat all of my hate of trump and follow him as the god-emperor
    I'd eat a MAGA hat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    They are a for profit business. The second the ACA is repealed, the "can't discriminate against people with pre-existing conditions" portion of all of our healthcare plans will go away. That means those who need the insurance most will once again be unable to get it.
    And those of us who DO have insurance will pay less. Sounds good to me!!

Im sick and tired of paying more and more out of my paychecks to support other people. I get a raise every year and my tax rates and fees imposed by the government increase so much that I actually take home less every year. If people with preexisting conditions wouldnt have waited until they had a condition to try and get healthcare, they would already be covered by insurance. People should be buying insurance before they get sick.

And if you cant get insurance and have a life threatening condition, youll be treated anyway. They arent going to throw you on the sidewalk while youre having a heart attack

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Honestly? Id be for it. Im not concerned with the person or party that does it, just that it gets done
    Pretty much this. People forget that the ACA was a REPUBLICAN plan, but because it was put forward by a Dem, the other side tried to do all they could to trash it. If they re-added the things they childisly removed and called it their own plan, I wouldn't care if a Republican party did it, I'd be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Literally every argument against the ACA is a fucking anecdote.

Why don't you people ever link some actual evidence? Because the only data I have seen says the exact fucking opposite?

http://time.com/money/4503325/obama-...sts-obamacare/

Even as more people are being covered, however, the choices for coverage are decreasing. Major insurers such as UnitedHealth and Aetna are scaling back participation in Obamacare marketplaces for 2017. The result is that in one-third of the counties in the U.S., people who don't have coverage through work will have a "choice" of only one insurance provider next year.

In 2008, the average employer-sponsored family plan cost a total of $12,680, with employees footing $3,354 of the bill, according to Kaiser data. By 2016, the cost of the average employer family plan was up to $18,142 for the year, with workers picking up $5,277 of the tab.

High-Deductible Plans Are Now Standard

Insurance premiums tell only part of the story for health care costs. Looking at health insurance plan prices today side-by-side with those of a decade ago is not an apples-to-apples comparison. For one thing, plans in the Obamacare era generally must cover more services than they were required to in the past, including things like preventive screenings and contraception at no extra charge to customers.

Prescription Drug Spending Has Soared

Health insurance premiums may have risen in recent years, but prescription drug prices have risen faster still, resulting in more money being paid to Big Pharma by insurers and individual consumers alike.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah yes. A reaction eh? Peoples lives are at stake fyi.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post

Im sick and tired of paying more and more out of my paychecks to support other people. I get a raise every year and my tax rates and fees imposed by the government increase so much that I actually make less every year. If people with preexisting conditions wouldnt have waited until they had a condition to try and get healthcare, they would already be covered by insurance. People should be buying insurance before they get sick.

And if you cant get insurance and have a life threatening condition, youll be treated anyway. They arent going to throw you on the sidewalk while youre having a heart attack
    Hey skipper.. Know who pays for those treatments of life threatening conditions for uninsured people? I'll give you a while to think on that.

If you don't want your money to pay for others, move out of America. This isn't the country for you.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    Fair enough. Or at the very least every one should have catastrophic coverage provided.
    At this point, IMO, health care is part of the general welfare of the people, and there is reason enough for Congress to say it has the authority under the Constitution to provide it to everyone.

How we'll actually pay for it, I don't know. We could stop spending trillions of dollars blowing up other countries, I bet that would put a dent in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

10+ Year Old Account

Im sick and tired of paying more and more out of my paychecks to support other people. I get a raise every year and my tax rates and fees imposed by the government increase so much that I actually take home less every year. If people with preexisting conditions wouldnt have waited until they had a condition to try and get healthcare, they would already be covered by insurance. People should be buying insurance before they get sick.

Uh, there are plenty of pre-existing conditions thatcan be present when you're born, or appear in childhood. Your statement is silly.

Also, considering insurance acts like a pool, you'll be paying for it anyways.

i personally think that single payer, alongside a public push for preventive treatment would really be nice. preventive care makes the cost of healthcare much, MUCH lower, and that's why private entities (hospitals) dont do it that much
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account

That's rather selfish. So what if you have to pay a little more. At least it results in a more just society. Instead you've chosen a system whereby the most vulnerable persons in society will suffer even more.