Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    A removal of Mind Sear almost makes me want to go back to SP from my Warlock. Always hated MS since WotLK.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i like having it mixed into mind flay.

mind sear was weaker than mind flay, and i didn't like using it.
    Damage can always be adjusted and for that reason Mind Sear was better. Good luck AoEing small adds now with the change. It's also a PvP nerf because you can't pull people out of stealth.

I can't say I'm all that a fan of the change, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. Doing old content was annoying until I forced myself to use Crash, and even then it was a tad irritating waiting for the cooldown. I think this is one of those times where they didn't quite think of how it would affect our play outside of current content. It is a strange feeling to have to change talents to do much older content easier.

I certainly do like how it has helped us in certain areas, but I was alright with just casting Sear. Now we have two use two spells to start aoeing and if the target we are Flaying with Pain on happens to die early we can't really aoe as much after that as the time it would take to start doing it again means everything is most likely dead.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Damage can always be adjusted and for that reason Mind Sear was better. Good luck AoEing small adds now with the change. It's also a PvP nerf because you can't pull people out of stealth.
    In certain BGs it was quite enjoyable to Sear and apply Pain to 5-10 targets at a time.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

This is definitive proof that people will fucking whine about literally any change.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    1. That does not work with overabundance of caster mobs
    2. Grouping mobs can take even more time than actually spamming swp
    3. I have to remember changing talents to SC before going to old raids, which is unrealistic lol. No, I won't buy books either.

Like it or not, but our ability to farm old raids took serious hit. Still, I'd better have great aoe tools for current content and shit tools for old content, than vice versa
    1: l2hide behind pillar or w/e (los)
    2: just run through them hush to boss.. kill it and continue.. ignore mobs, why the trouble?
    3': it seems like a little you problem going on here. shits EZ but you make it it sound very hard lol.

The only reason why it sucks Mindsear is gone, is because it was cool to spread dots when ever you wanted with the ring( you could time it). In the past it was always either to good or just bad. Good it's gone, they can tweak the passive anyway, the rotation os smooth because the only thing you do is your normal rotation and doing great dps.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    This is definitive proof that people will fucking whine about literally any change.
    Yup just noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    1Good it's gone, they can tweak the passive anyway, the rotation os smooth because the only thing you do is your normal rotation and doing great dps.
    Well... good thing you've actually read my message to the very end, right? You know, the part where I said I prefer having strong aoe in current content...
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

It's a pain for nightbane runs too. My group might as well 4-man up to opera for all the aoe on low health targets I can do.

I'm kind of floored that people are already lamenting about the loss of Mind Sear. I was in 865 gear, and if I pulled a pack of 10-12 AOE things that an actual AOE class would kill in 1-2 globals and just sat there channeling Mind Sear, I would be in fear for my life almost every time. The spell did terrible damage, and it's not a loss on things that die immediately. Doing 200k on a quick AOE pack in an instance that your DH/Fire Mage/Outlaw Rogue/WW Monk teammates do 1.2mil on? You may as well not be doing the 200k.

The changes overall were amazing for M+ and a large portion of current content. The only thing I would have liked to see was SW:P kicked up to the same duration as VT, but that's such a minor thing that I'll deal with it happily if it means I don't get to feel like total trash on anything below M+12.

first boss in eye is perfect example why this "quality of life" was a bad idea

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well... good thing you've actually read my message to the very end, right? You know, the part where I said I prefer having strong aoe in current content...
    It is pretty strong.. idk what you are whining about.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    It is pretty strong.. idk what you are whining about.
    /facepalm, indeed. You, my friend, are really determined to battle dirty whiners aren't you? I LIKE THE CHANGE. Whole 7.1.5 patch feels like Bobby Kotick started playing shadowpriest, really. So much great changes/mechanic reworks...
    Last edited by l33t; 2017-01-13 at 08:35 PM.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    /facepalm, indeed. You, my friend, are really determined to battle dirty whiners aren't you? I LIKE THE CHANGE. Whole 7.1.5 patch feels like Bobby Kotick started playing shadowpriest, really. So much great changes/mechanic reworks...
    the I like the change, seems super sarcastic like most of your not so funny quotes sorry there is no emotion in here to know.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2017-01-13 at 08:47 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Another thing that was lost is that you can't mindflay allied targets, while you could mindsear them.

Which was always useful for lots of little mobs in a raid that would die so fast you would always have to retarget mindsear, so you could simply mindsear the tank. And probably more importantly, you could use it in pvp on friendlies to looked for stealthed rogues and druids.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Hit them with Shadow Crash then.

Unless those things die incredibly fast and aren't work taking Shadow Crash over, in which case you're just padding.

Quote Originally Posted by Nozuka View Post
    Lol what? Leveling with my shadow priest was even easier than with my BM hunter.. and enemies seem to die much faster than with disc. (at least from 100 to 110)
    only when i first dinged 110 i felt weak until i got some gear.
    To each their own I guess... My experience was that disc was so much more enjoyable because I'd never die. While with shadow I had to fear, stun, run, snare them, etc etc... Not to mention, at this time disc seemed to do about 90% of shadowpriest's damage (as leveling). So... Yeah.

1. That does not work with overabundance of caster mobs
    2. Grouping mobs can take even more time than actually spamming swp
    3. I have to remember changing talents to SC before going to old raids, which is unrealistic lol. No, I won't buy books either.

Like it or not, but our ability to farm old raids took serious hit. Still, I'd better have great aoe tools for current content and shit tools for old content, than vice versa
    wouldnt the same apply to mind sear?

you know, grouping, caster mobs, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    Because something having pros and cons and talking about both is "whining".

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Good news: you can still use Mind Sear to clear stuff in old content. Here's how:

Take Misery.

Cast Vampiric Touch on a target, and then immediately cast Mind Flay on that target.

Shadow Word: Pain does not do any initial instant damage when applied with Vampiric Touch via the Misery talent, so your target will survive just long enough for Mind Sear to proc, dealing AOE damage.

Repeat as necessary.

The complaints lmao.

"i can't aoe adds that die to fast !!! " yeah you shouldn't be aoeing them with MS either in the first place.... like seriously ?

Homophobia is so gay.

How the hell are you pulling enough mobs while leveling at 108 that Mind Sear was worth it? Without getting your clock cleaned at the very least?
    Last edited by Gestopft; 2017-01-14 at 08:24 AM.