Page 11 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Sadist in me wants it repealed and be replaced with nothing. Remember, it's right wing voters who wanted it gone at any cost. They didn't ask for any real replacement, they just wanted it gone. So just remove it. We will go back to people crashing emergencies and those with per-existing conditions doing whatever they did before. Atleast no more death panels for grandma!

I see no reason to fuss.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    For starters, if you have private insurance as a 93 year old and don't rely on medicare you are fucking rich and irrelevant to this discussion.

Secondly, transplant committees make those kinds of decisions and wouldn't give a heart to a 93 year old whether he was on private insurance or otherwise.

That hypothetical is utter bullshit.
    Hell in this day and age if I made it to 93 and needed a heart transplant, I'd be happy i made it to 93.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    I mean, and then there are people like me, who could finally get insurance without it being jacked up several undred dollers cause "anxiety is a pre-existing condition even though you've never been hospitilized for it lulz"
    Yet you are perfectly fine with someone else having their insurance jacked up several hundred dollar even though they don't have "anxiety" at all, or at least didn't until they realized how their monthly insurance payment went from $50 a month before the ACA to now almost $700 a month as of this year. You shouldn't be denied coverage just because you have a preexisting condition, but you should expect to be paying more.

Too many people think that Repealing of Obamacare means it immediately is revoked. That is not how it works, insurance plans in place are valid until the end of the year. Repealing this year means Obamacare is terminated Jan 1, 2018.

So I personally am not going to worry if nothing is in place to takeover until the start of Summer Recess. Because the shorter Fall Session would not be enough time to get everything in place to takeover, however they have this calendar year to enact a replacement to fulfill the repeal AND REPLACE mandate.
    How to tell if somebody learned World Geography in school or from SNL:
    "GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
    PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."
    SNL: Can't be Diomede Islands, say her backyard instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I am perfectly fine with repealing the ACA. We will go back to the way it was before, living in a fucked up system, albeit voluntarily. All the ACA did, was force people to buy into that same fucked up system. I always felt is was a gross overstep of government authority, and was implemented extremely poorly.

My mother is a huge Trump supporter. I love that woman to death, but she posted ignorant shit all the time about... well about everything. She was able to get cancer treatment, because of the ACA. More specifically, she was able to get insurance to cover her, because of the ACA. She was so proud when Trump won, and he was finally going to "clean things up." it just dawned on her last night, after i explained that there is no longer any protection for people with pre-existing conditions, and she will almost certainly not have access to insurance. Most insurance companies won't look to be covering a 60+ year-old cancer survivor for anything she could come close to affording. Her current insurance is through the ACA exchange in California, and that will almost certainly go away in the next couple years. When she asked what she should do, I told her that there is no answer to that question, and she'll find out within a year or two. Elections have consequences.
    Then what? She has cancer and no insurance. Can she afford the fees from these private hospitals?

Let's also not forget all those no cost preventative screenings.

Who needs to detect cancer early? We can just spend a few hundred thousand dollars on chemotherapy in stage three.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Then what? She has cancer and no insurance. Can she afford the fees from these private hospitals?
    Nope, and her decision may cost her her life. That's on her. It may sound insensitive, but people need to make their own decisions in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenius View Post
    Yeah like free healthcare and the repeal of ACA. Which is one of the primary reasons your complaining. You want free stuff because you believe your entitled to it at someone other than your expense.
    You really are a garbage human being. Too bad you reproduced.

Trump and his Cabinet will handle this. This is just Liberals crying because Hillary didn't win. Nothing to see here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    People who want to be doctors. Do doctors in other countries with socialized medicine work for free? Don't spew misinformation.
    Maybe not but they make 30% of what a doctor in the USA makes

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korzair View Post
    Trump and his Cabinet will handle this. This is just Liberals crying because Hillary didn't win. Nothing to see here.
    Has Trump provided any explanation on how they will handle it?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by alexkeren View Post
    Too many people think that Repealing of Obamacare means it immediately is revoked. That is not how it works, insurance plans in place are valid until the end of the year. Repealing this year means Obamacare is terminated Jan 1, 2018.

So I personally am not going to worry if nothing is in place to takeover until the start of Summer Recess. Because the shorter Fall Session would not be enough time to get everything in place to takeover, however they have this calendar year to enact a replacement to fulfill the repeal AND REPLACE mandate.
    No actually repealing it means the government subsidies will be lost so most prices will be going up, even with the cost increasing it was not as bad because subsidies covered most of it not anymore. So people may have Obamacare until 2018 but they are in for a shock when it's repealed, not to mention insurance companies can decide to drop you since no more guaranteed coverage if you have a pre-existing condition.

Republicans are in a bind Obamacare is not a la carte menu, the good parts come with the bad there is no way to implement just the good parts without adding some pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    The more giggleworthy thing is there's a fair number of Republicans cautioning against this too. Trump's managed to make a chunk of people turn against both parties but still just blame the Liberals for everything. Gotta love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    Same way Trump is planning to defeat ISIS 30 days after his inauguration magic

Deleted
    And there goes americas first step into social security.

I am sure the billionaires that work for trump will just not care for a proper replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    And there goes americas first step into social security.

I am sure the billionaires that work for trump will just not care for a proper replacement.
    They get themselves a nice tax cut with the repeal.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    I mean, and then there are people like me, who could finally get insurance without it being jacked up several undred dollers cause "anxiety is a pre-existing condition even though you've never been hospitilized for it lulz"
    Remember how being old was a pre-existing condition, so they had to make medicare/medicaid? :P

Or being a veteran was uninsurable due to work risk, the drugs they pumped you full of, and mental health expenses afterwards. So they had to make tri-care and the VA

When we were younger my sister was diagnosed as bipolar, and the moment she turned 18 no one would insure her.

Good thing we're going back to the times of being randomly dropped, capped benefits, and praying to make it through each day.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Get a grip democrats wake up and smell the coffee Obama care is failing it is on the verge of what is called health insurance death spiral from which to many sick people with preexisting conditions are signing up and not enough younger heathier people to off set the cost and this is why you are seeing insurance companies in droves dropping out and premiums and co pays sky rocketing and it is just going to get worse and worse hence the name death spiral

And no the mandate isn't going to make more younger healthier to sign up because there are to many loopholes to get around not paying the tax/fine
    for example in the Obama care law only way the feds can recoup the tax/fine is from a tax return if you are going to get a refund so all you have to do is change your w4 so you get no refund
    this will upset the ones on the lower income scale because many of those use that tax refund they get every year like a savings account to go buy a car or use on a vacation
    Last edited by Vyxn; 2017-01-13 at 09:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenius View Post
    Pay your damn bill its not my responsibility to pay it for you. I am tired of this what about me. Is the system broken yes it is. Is right that you get screwed no. But its not right to screw me over in the process just for you. Since the ACA went into effect my insurance bill for my family premiums have gone from $150 a month to over $750 and month. At the same time my deductible has gone from $1000 to $4000. So no I am sorry my family comes first you do not.
    So the company you work for decided to charge you way more for your insurance and its ACA fault?

wish i could say the same about property tax that pays for your kid to go to school but somehow people without kids have to pay for it. Somehow its their responsibility to help pay for your kids education.

i could name a few more uses of our tax dollars that benefit you and not us. How about that mortgage deduction. oh you get a tax break to help pay for your house, but because people rent they don't.

etc etc etc

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracos854 View Post
    Same way Trump is planning to defeat ISIS 30 days after his inauguration magic
    He never said that. He said he wants a PLAN to defeat ISIS in 30 days