Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Four Horsemen - Opportunity Missed?

Anyone else disappointed by the choices?

I feel this could've been a chance to introduce other races into the Death Knight lore.

I wouldve like to have seen a Draenei as one of the four. Maybe Maraad?

What do you think?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tommiiguns View Post

I feel this could've been a chance to introduce other races into the Death Knight lore.

What do you think?
    i think absolutely not. maraad's body stayed on draenor if im not mistaken.

plus the four we got are insanely cool
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

The only opportunity that is missed is Tirion IMO. And giving them more unique armor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

I really like the current horsemen, they can be a very interesting group, also I am glad that blizzard is gonna develop a lot more to Darion instead of being forgotten in a garrison hub.

Deleted
    it should of been varian, voljin, tirion and whoever

Trollbane was a lame choice, but not maarad or tirion.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by tommiiguns View Post

What do you think?
    Maarad's body became ash, as seen during Yrel's trials.

All four are well known and excellent choices.

People seem to think Death Knights should encompass all races, and to be fair that's true to a large extent... but Death Knights (at least, THESE death knights) were primarily human and always will be. So it makes sense than most of the four Horsemen are, as well... just as the original four horsemen were.

The only odd choice is Sally Whitemane, but even she fits plenty well enough. Frankly, I fail to see any kind of issue here. No wasted opportunities. This just sounds like you wanted X character or Y race to be horseman, and are disappointed they weren't. Understandable, but still.

Trollbane should have been Admiral Taylor IMO, but I like the rest - Varian, Vol'Jin and Tirion would have just been a bit too much.

Taylor is a much more of an iconic Alliance Hero in the World of Warcraft Universe than Trollbane and pretty equal in many ways to Nazgrim for the Horde. We traveled with him through two expansions only to have his untimely death occur off screen in his third, so would have been nice to see him once again.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFiddleswitch View Post
    Trollbane should have been Admiral Taylor IMO, but I like the rest - Varian, Vol'Jin and Tirion would have just been a bit too much.

Taylor is a much more of an iconic Alliance Hero in the World of Warcraft Universe than Trollbane and pretty equal in many ways to Nazgrim for the Horde. We traveled with him through two expansions only to have his untimely death occur off screen in his third, so would have been nice to see him once again.
    Um Thoras Trollbane was a founding member to the Alliance, how is that less iconic then Admiral Taylor?

Trollbane and his kingdom were one of backbones of the Alliance of Lordaeron and their ground-based fighting forces. Saying he isn't an iconic Alliance character isn't on point.

I would say he's iconic, but he wasn't important to WoW. He also didn't appear in the game before Legion, and was killed offscreen by his son. Danath, for example, is far more iconic and important than Galen in almost every way.

I wouldn't say that Taylor is iconic, but was important to WoW. The character we fought alongside for 3 expansions, and ultimately died a very dissatisfying death offscreen to a plot that was never and most likely will never be resolved, or even explained.

Ultimately I think Blizzard has done a poor job getting non-lore nerds to give a shit about the old characters, like Alleria and Turalyon. They FINALLY begin hinting at them, but most people I know don't really give a shit. I feel the same way for Galen Trollbane. Sure, he was important to the history of the Arathi and the Alliance of Lordaeron, but it's been so long since any of that was relevant that most people don't give a shit.

Compare that to Nazgrim, who hits the same markers as Taylor but for the Horde, and Whitemane (Who is a pretty iconic classic WoW villain), both of them stand out far more than Galen Trollbane, who is technically far more important than they are to the overarching universe.

Not to mention the entire Arathi Highlands story is just a huge bummer since it was largely untouched during the Cataclysm revamp, and what they did change was pretty disappointing for a place that holds great importance to the Alliance (as well as the Horde), and just thrown away to Sylvanas because why not. Maybe if Danath was involved it would be slightly better, but Danath also has fallen into the category of "Should have been back 4 expansions ago, but randomly wasn't, and now nobody cares."

You can't just make old characters return for a tiny cameo in Legion and pretend people will give a damn about them.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-01-14 at 12:49 PM.

Deleted
    Taylor instead of Trollbane would have been much better.

Nazgrim & Taylor - Adversaries/Frenemies in life, allies in death.

Nazgrim & Taylor - Adversaries/Frenemies in life, allies in death.
    They'd basically be Thassarian and Koltira. Since nothing ever came of that, we should ship Nazgrim and Taylor instead.

Deleted
    The choices don't bother me, but the last scenario itself is an absolute nonsense : so we (the Ebon Blade and the player) purposedly decide to storm through the Paladin class hall, kill dozens of their troops, fight against the iconic Lliadrin, fail in our horribly unholy attempt to raise Tirion and retreat. And then suddenly we're best friends again, there is no consequence to this aggression, the player isn't hunted by all the paladins in the world... That's just completely dumb. Proof that writing a good consistent story is an art, and that Blizzard doesn't master it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    They'd basically be Thassarian and Koltira. Since nothing ever came of that, we should ship Nazgrim and Taylor instead.
    The similarity is actually adorable.

I won't ship them but I surely would love to see them be bros, even if in death. I believe it would be a satisfying closure as far as their relationship goes.

The only thing wrong with the four horsemen, in my opinion, is the fact that there is a non-human among them...

Knights have always been a human thing in fantasy. It's weird to see any non humans among any knightly orders, it doesn't fit at all, because all these races have their own versions of it.

I mean, wouldn't it be weird to see a human Brave in the Highmountain Tribe?
    Or a goblin as a Cenarion Guardian in silithus?

I get that these might not be entirely the same, but you get the idea..

When I first heard of the new hero class; Death knights, i hoped only humans and blood elves would be able to roll it. Because they were the only races that had any knights to begin with. So they would be the only people that would name a class/rank/soldier a knight in the first place.

Deleted
    Why is Trollbane not iconic?

Quote Originally Posted by Aedion View Post
    Why is Trollbane not iconic?
    Maybe because many people didn't played warcraft 2, the same thing hapeneed with teron gorefiend, nobody care about him except the guys who had played warcraft 2 in the past
    Last edited by Zandalariprelate; 2017-01-15 at 11:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post

Ultimately I think Blizzard has done a poor job getting non-lore nerds to give a shit about the old characters, like Alleria and Turalyon.
    Type A personality non-lore nerd here weighing in, there really isn't anything they can do about this. There's just no way they can deliver the depth of information to me in a way that I wouldn't brush off and continue sprinting to the next quest objective. People like us get in to the lore on our own time when and if we feel like it and won't have it really any other way. I've gone back and read up loads and loved it after the fact, particularly during long dead stretches of patches, but if you're asking me to do that while there's a task to be accomplished, like capping my character, gearing, whatever, then I just cba. That's just the way a lot of peoples minds work. There's a point of diminishing returns as far as Blizzard putting effort in to attempting to snag everyone. Some of us, likely many of us, are just far too stubborn.

/tangent