Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebyrd View Post
    You seem to be the one that's not playing it considering we don't use barrage or chimaera shot. I clearly went on to talk about the two abilities we do use that got buffed, cobra and kill command.

Ydraw, I don't see how this favors Aspect of the Beast considering Killer Cobra has us using both KC and CS. The buff to CS is would be noticeably less overall damage for a build without Killer Cobra given that you use fewer CS without it.
    Don't you use more cobra shots if you don't take killer cobra? Because you have less Kill Commands to spend focus on. That's what I was getting at.

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    I would have thought the opposite. This change benefits Aspect of the Beast more than Killer Cobra. That's just feelcraft though, looking forward to new sims.
    Why would it? I feel like it would benefit them equally, no?

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Don't you use more cobra shots if you don't take killer cobra? Because you have less Kill Commands to spend focus on. That's what I was getting at.
    I see what you are saying. But either way, Kill Command does so much more damage combined that Kill Command will still be better and it's less focus to boot. It does, however, increase the damage we'll be doing using those cobra shots. So really, it doesn't change much w/ the current style.

Now, Way of the Cobra could be better now, especially if you're lucky enough to have the legendary shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    There's a difference between dumbing down and removing complexity that was put there for complexity's sake. There's no interesting choice to Vulnerable currently, any 'complexity' to it is completely meaningless.
    Exactly. I was fine with how Vulnerable, and MM in general, worked in 7.1. And that required you properly optimize Vulnerable, it was very easy to see in logs when people failed to do so. The problem with it now is the timer is so short, and our Focus generation less consistent, that we can't consistently apply it and get in the requisite 2 Aimed Shot casts without other nonsense to deal with first.

Old system: Marking Targets procs, great! Cast Sidewinders to consume it and get a big chunk of Focus and apply Vulnerable. Then cast AS to get use out of the Vulnerable from Side, then cast MS to consume the proc and apply Vulnerable again and cast two more Aimed Shots. The Aimed Shots if you had a haste buff like BL going. The timer was sufficient that even if you needed to wait a couple seconds to get enough Focus to cast that last AS, you could do so without issue.

New System: Marking Targets procs, shit! Need to cast Arcane Shot 3 times to make sure I have 90 Focus. Damn it! Marking Targets proc'd 2 more times while I was trying to build up the Focus I needed before consuming the first one. OK, I have 90 Focus now, cast MS, AS, AS. (Sub 17% Haste), and pray you can stand still for those two AS casts, because if there is ANY delay, Vulnerable will expire and be wasted.

Deleted
    Intensely unsatisfactory, exactly meeting expectations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard is so out of touch. There's actually someone getting paid who thinks hunter playstyle is just fine. Glad I quit.

we did it guys, hunters are now fixed. least mm, not sure about bm or surv

a blanket buff is all we needed to really enjoy our fun rotation and playstyle. its all good now. they even said they were talking about our playstyle and rots and will perhaps even make it better.

now enough with the sarcasm. its funny that they have to talk about it when theres literally tons of feedback straight up ignored on fixing it. i audibly laughed when i saw the blanket buff cause i figured thats exactly what they were going to do. so fucking original and creative.

last few months have been just a fucking joke in all angles possible for blizz, if not years *cough wods* i just... i just dont know what to say anymore...they dont even listen. they just go on with their shit eating grin producing more shit that they then gobble up. my beloved game has been torn apart before my eyes by fucking amateurs. ya lets talk about that, how an ATTORNEY was appointed lead game designer cause he liked to play wow. if only life were so that easy, but it is when its WoW. its only a game millions play. so whatevs

this is excelent, a nerf to the top 5, and a buff to the bottom ones. of course wont be perfect, but BETTER NOW!!

I like how they're not adding in these changes until Nighthold. Didn't they say something along the lines of they need player testing to approve or deny of changes? So they're just going to straight up assume these changes are the fix we need?

Quote Originally Posted by Firebyrd View Post
    You seem to be the one that's not playing it considering we don't use barrage or chimaera shot. I clearly went on to talk about the two abilities we do use that got buffed, cobra and kill command.

Ydraw, I don't see how this favors Aspect of the Beast considering Killer Cobra has us using both KC and CS. The buff to CS is would be noticeably less overall damage for a build without Killer Cobra given that you use fewer CS without it.
    Sorry I just skim most of the bullshit on this site anymore :^) Didnt know other 2 were worth mentioning after reading such a broad intro statement.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Deleted
    Legion genuinely makes me miss my garrison.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Knaar View Post
    Didnt someone did the math and said MM hunter needed something like 15% buff across the board to be midddle-top of the pack?

8% is a good starting point i guess. Now they just need to fix the boring as hell rotation
    They hopefully will next expansion

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I guess it's good that my game time is running out soon.

15+ Year Old Account
    You guys bitching about the new MM mechanics are silly. The rotation is perfectly fine. This buff is solid, but not quite at the level we need. I would have be more comfortable with something around 10-12%.

So with the buff to Cobra Shot, does this mean if you have the legendary belt, way of the cobra is the go to talent? Would assume since you don't need the extra focus regen with the belt equipped, and considering the buff to CS, that way of the cobra is the right choice?

Or is Dire stables still the way to go?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Encenoa View Post
    You guys bitching about the new MM mechanics are silly. The rotation is perfectly fine.
    Smells of a blizzard employee trying to spread propaganda. I smell a rat.

You guys bitching about the new MM mechanics are silly. The rotation is perfectly fine. This buff is solid, but not quite at the level we need. I would have be more comfortable with something around 10-12%.
    the rotation is cancer. it would be fine, if aimed was castable on the move, but you put so much time spamming weak arcanes into making each vulnerable window count and then random void zone under your feet fucks up the last seconds of vulnerable and your dps plummets, you might even overcap and cant even count on having another one available right away... and we have a proc we should ignore most of the time, wow.

7% is probably not enough to make it worth the effort, MM will catch up to the lowest specs, maybee, considering those got buffed too

You guys bitching about the new MM mechanics are silly. The rotation is perfectly fine.
    Give me a break, it's a steaming pile of crap. Try playing one of the classes that are actually fun this expansion, the MM rotation is a joke. It's incredibly poorly designed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kissthebaby View Post
    Blizzard is so out of touch. There's actually someone getting paid who thinks hunter playstyle is just fine. Glad I quit.
    100% agreed bro

cancelled my sub over this weak stuff. Maybe tomb will save it

These changes are pretty pathetic to be honest. Kill Command does at most 20% of my damage

Double that 20% and you'll be closer to the actual number.