Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obesemidget View Post
    I have 4 of the old legendaries. If they just added these without resetting the system it's going to be nearly impossible for me to get the new ones.

- - - Updated - - -

I have spirit link so I think i am safe as far as a raid spot...
    how the fuck do you think the bad luck protecton works? you sound like our raider chantelle who got 4 legendaries within the first 2 months, and not cries every day he hasent gotten a fifth
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Just had my fourth drop, less than a week after the third. Previous took more than a month in between. Seeing quite a few drop in guild as well after 7.1.5.

Quote Originally Posted by Staalsy View Post
    ....are you stupid?

You have the same chance to get each legendary.

I literally got the trinket yesterday with only one other legendary on this character

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
    "Are you stupid? *Presents anecdotal evidence as fact*"

Good job. You're also wrong, and it's pretty fucking stupid to talk as if you're right when you've clearly done extremely little research into the subject.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    ....are you stupid?

You have the same chance to get each legendary.

I literally got the trinket yesterday with only one other legendary on this character

No you don't. I've seen collected data that indicates the opposite. I'll see if I can find it. So I guess that makes you stupid, huh? Next time back up your ridiculous claims with some data.

Here ya go: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...legendary+drop
    Last edited by Orangetai420; 2017-01-14 at 10:42 PM.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    No you don't. I've seen collected data that indicates the opposite. I'll see if I can find it. So I guess that makes you stupid, huh? Next time back up your ridiculous claims with some data.

Here ya go: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...legendary+drop
    Hard negative [emoji4]

Each legendary new or old, drops equally

10+ Year Old Account
    Hard negative [emoji4]

Each legendary new or old, drops equally

I think you completely missed the point of this thread. It's about the time needed for OP to get his 5th legendary.

Reading comprehension is hard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    That's not actually true, by the way. Someone tracked 10.000 characters on a popular EU server, what they were doing (dungeons, raids, caches etc) and then took a look at the average time people had to spend for getting X legendaries. There's a link to it here:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...rs-Spreadsheet

Suffice to say, on average, getting your next legendary means you need to put in double the effort of the previous one - getting the first few are very easy, but anyhing after 3 starts to become increasingly more painful - with the fifth requiring you to essentially put in the same effort as the first 4 legendaries, THREE times (from 1.7k to 7.3k points, or 5.6K points - more than 3 times as much as getting 1, 2 and 3).
    and in the End its still Rng

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    I think you completely missed the point of this thread. It's about the time needed for OP to get his 5th legendary.

Reading comprehension is hard.
    Person I originally replied to was saying old legendaries had a higher drop rate than the new ones do.

LUL

Quote Originally Posted by Svisalith View Post
    It's not irrelevant, the first legendaries drop much faster than the later ones since patch 7.1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrus View Post
    Not legendaries, but your first legendary.. anything after that, and we all have the same base chance, with BLP

So, yes it's true that someone with NO legendary, will have a higher base drop chance than you do. But he will only have a higher drop chance, for that first legendary.. And since you already have a legendary, you complaining, is just you being a greedy fuck.
    It takes roughly 2x the amount of content to get your next legendary. Obviously outliers exist, but for the average player, the below is relevant after tons of data.

1st: Very quick
    2nd: About 4-5x longer (2x longer of original 1st)
    3rd+: About 2x longer of the one before it.

So yes, it's very relevant as to how many legendaries you have, because blizzard can't design a good fucking system.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Person I originally replied to was saying old legendaries had a higher drop rate than the new ones do.

LUL

No he was saying that your 1st legendary has a higher drop chance. You just can't read and started throwing insults.

10+ Year Old Account

LUL

No they didn't, although it was awkwardly worded so it might be confusing if English isn't your first language. What the person you originally replied to said was correct. You should really try to not be so condescending; even if you were right, you just come off as a dick.

Now apparently, some people that bought the first expansion for 40Euro, is complaining that it's unfair that new players are getting the first expansion at a cheaper price..

Which is just them being greedy, since they have had their legendary and had a use for it
    I'm glad to have the faster first legendaries for new characters but there are some large downsides to it. It's becoming more common to have 2 seperate characters, one havoc DH and one vengeance DH instead of using dual spec becuase that way they get much easier legendaries.

To fix those sorts of problems you would need to modify the system so that the conditions for low/high droprates are different - something like per-spec legendary droprates instead of per-character. That would make playing one character with 2-3 specs be more rewarding to the player than having 3 different characters, each only playing 1 spec ever.

Nowhere in my comment was I complaining. I was asking a question based on what I thought to be true.

- - - Updated - - -

I like to raid and a caveat to raiding is having the most efficient gear. In order to parse well/help your raid group progress you have to put in time to get the best gear. I was just trying to figure out if they reset the legendary system in the new patch. If not I will probably get an orange in a month or so.