Page 25 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Killadrix View Post
    If you choose to believe this, you are a cynical fool without dreams or ambition. You want to sit here an have a pity party on an internet forum, go right ahead.
    I don't have any pity for employers that continue to take profit before paying their employees enough to not need food stamps and welfare.

They should be jailed for doing this.
    Last edited by Total Crica; 2017-01-15 at 05:34 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    I don't have any pity for employers that continue to take profit before paying their employees enough to not need food stamps. They should be jailed for doing this.
    Please fix your quote

Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    I don't have any pity for employers that continue to take profit before paying their employees enough to not need food stamps and welfare.

They should be jailed for doing this.
    So then exactly what are you doing about it?

So then exactly what are you doing about it?
    The same thing you are about people who use food stamps to buy the food they want to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    Avocados are extremely high in fat. But fat doesn't make something necessarily worse than another food.

Please don't spew this drivel unless you know what you're talking about.
    Why do you think I mentioned Avocados? You want to sell Peanuts as being healthy, but all they are is fat. Not even "good" fat. Now lets look at Avocados who have some of the most packed nutrients per calorie but one of these is considered a "rich person food" and the other is considered "Go fuck yourself you poor piece of shit food"
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    Why do you think I mentioned Avocados? You want to sell Peanuts as being healthy, but all they are is fat. Not even "good" fat. Now lets look at Avocados who have some of the most packed nutrients per calorie but one of these is considered a "rich person food" and the other is considered "Go fuck yourself you poor piece of shit food"
    Please don't respond to a quote of mine and then suggest that I personally am describing peanuts as healthy. I am not making that claim as I'm not fully researched on the matter. Someone else may have made that claim.

Always ready to jump on that "blame the poor" game, keep it classy republicans. Always at the ready to keep yourself at the front of the bus, we get it. You're cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Yeah, it really sucks when your kids don't want to eat chicken and rice every single day of their life.
    Oh, I get it. Society owes them something then? I see where this is going.

Maybe people shouldn't have kids if they aren't financially stable?

Maybe the parents should earn a better quality of living if they don't want their kids to eat chicken every day?

"Dear world, we chose to have kids before we were ready, and as a result of our poor decision making and/pr preparation, we now require you to give us things. Sure we CAN feed them, but they aren't happy about the THINGS we feed them, therefore it's your responsibility to make them happy."

K, got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    Please fix your quote
    Woah, no idea how that happened. Freaky.

- - - Updated - - -

Society owes them something then?
    No. Just their employers. That way they don't need food stamps and welfare.

Quote Originally Posted by belleflop View Post
    Always ready to jump on that "blame the poor" game, keep it classy republicans. Always at the ready to keep yourself at the front of the bus, we get it. You're cool.
    There are people who are on legit hard times, and I'm happy to do my small part to support them. In fact, I donate 100% of the meager sums of money I make streaming to charity each month, and match it personally dollar for dollar out of my own pocket. I'm actively involved in helping to provide and care for those who are struggling to care for themselves.

However, there DO EXIST people who CHOOSE to be poor, and accept money they could otherwise earn for themselves. THESE are the people I take issue with.

should earn a better quality of living
    As soon as employers stop taking profit before paying their employees enough to not need food stamps and welfare, they will.

- - - Updated - - -

I donate the meager sums of money I make streaming to charity
    Wouldn't need to donate anything to people who work if employers paid their employees enough to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out how you've created this scenario where millions of SNAP recipients are forced to buy soda and candy.

SNAP is suppose to help people meet their nutritional needs. That doesn't include soda.
    SO I take it you have an extensive education in nutritional biology to assert that soda shouldn't be included. While you are being the boss can you give us a list of all the foods them poor people aren't aloud to purchase along with soda? Thanks masta.

Oh, I get it. Society owes them something then? I see where this is going.

Maybe people shouldn't have kids if they aren't financially stable?

Maybe the parents should earn a better quality of living if they don't want their kids to eat chicken every day?

"Dear world, we chose to have kids before we were ready, and as a result of our poor decision making and/pr preparation, we now require you to give us things. Sure we CAN feed them, but they aren't happy about the THINGS we feed them, therefore it's your responsibility to make them happy."

K, got it.
    all pregnancies should require with a credit check

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Healthy food is more expensive.

Two, who the hell cares? It is that important to regulate what people in poverty eat? Is it going to prevent them from having a job if they buy a soda?
    Let's say you need help buying food. I give you money for food. You spend it on junk food and pop rather than actual food to keep you going. You just spent the money on garbage instead of a better alternative. I work in pharmacy and see people on Medicaid/food stamp cards. A good amount of those people have money for cigarettes, yet they apply for aid. They get super mad at the pharmacy because their welfare bullshit public aid won't cover a prescription. Over time, they become so entitled that it makes them forget they have to pay for anything in life. Lazy fucks.

If they need help paying for food/prescriptions that bad, they can stop smoking and use their money on that instead. Yeah, that's why people are pissed. Some people genuinely need that public aid when they're going through a rough patch. I understand that.
    Last edited by sweatshopkids; 2017-01-15 at 05:50 AM.
    Chicken fried rice is delicious!

Quote Originally Posted by kyoloco View Post
    all pregnancies should require with a credit check
    Safe sex. Abstain. Abortion.

Plenty of options available for people who aren't ready to bring a child into the world.

There are people who are on legit hard times, and I'm happy to do my small part to support them. In fact, I donate 100% of the meager sums of money I make streaming to charity each month, and match it personally dollar for dollar out of my own pocket. I'm actively involved in helping to provide and care for those who are struggling to care for themselves.

However, there DO EXIST people who CHOOSE to be poor, and accept money they could otherwise earn for themselves. THESE are the people I take issue with.
    So why make a blanket statement to argue a point when really all you want to do is discourage individuals that game a system? Granted there is no scientific evidence to show people "choose to be poor", but hey, who am I to judge your per-disposition on world views?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Yeah, they should. But the reality is that they don't. So you have to deal with the after effect. Otherwise you're punishing those children who had no choice.
    I'm perfectly fine with forced abortions for parents who cannot afford children. It is a financial decision above all else.

Birth control should be publicly provided as well.

Safe sex. Abstain. Abortion.

Plenty of options available for people who aren't ready to bring a child into the world.
    depends on your state

Quote Originally Posted by belleflop View Post
    SO I take it you have an extensive education in nutritional biology to assert that soda shouldn't be included.
    You really don't need deep expertise to know that a beverage that's got a couple ounces of sugar in a 12 oz can isn't great for you.

Bowing out of this thread, because clearly none of us is going to change the other's minds.

In my opinion, you live within your means. If that means eating chicken and rice every night THAT'S WHAT YOU DO. That's how you survive.

If you're not happy with your means, then actively work to improve them.

Zero respect for anyone throwing their hands up and boo-fucking-hooing about corporations taking their money or employers not paying enough, and playing the victim. There are ALWAYS choices out there. You might not like them, but there are always choices. Doesn't make it right, but it's reality.

You fight and claw and scrape every day for the life you want. Nobody owes you shit.