Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I PvP, so I love the new surv. I think it's more interesting than WoD surv, which bored me to hell.

I have a lot of utility, a lot of options, high damage, high survivability, high mobility, lots of options at every situation, THROWING AXES WOOOO, im like Chuckin fools as they think they ran away from me at 1 hp, nah b you're dropped.

Surv WoD was cancerfest in PvP, jus black arrow, sting, and then bounce around jakking off doing a lame rotation, trapping every now and then till someone dies to plague or boredom.
    Last edited by Dragoncurry; 2017-01-13 at 09:30 PM.

MOP SV was a lot of fun! I really enjoyed how they balanced Hunters in SoO, changing specs and talents for different encounters was a blast.

Old survival. Currently the new spec is just some hodge-podge of 6 different melee specs and it plays like it.

The new SV seems bloated and verbose. It has like 7 melee attacks and half those serve little to no purpose. I play and love many melee specs. SV, is far from being one of them. And, that is coming from a Hunter main going back more than a decade. Legion, Hunter class design is awful, lazy and lacks anything innovative.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    Surv WoD was cancerfest in PvP, jus black arrow, sting, and then bounce around jakking off doing a lame rotation, trapping every now and then till someone dies to plague or boredom.
    I agree. I hated WoD SV. But, it was much better than Legion MM. Legion MM, is the worst designed spec in any game I've ever played. It's unbelievably that bad, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcleave View Post
    The new SV seems bloated and verbose. It has like 7 melee attacks and half those serve little to no purpose. I play and love many melee specs. SV, is far from being one of them. And, that is coming from a Hunter main going back more than a decade. Legion, Hunter class design is awful, lazy and lacks anything innovative.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree. I hated WoD SV. But, it was much better than Legion MM. Legion MM, is the worst designed spec in any game I've ever played. It's unbelievably that bad, IMO.
    All three hunter specs in Legion are bad.

I really like the idea of a melee hunter, going back to the roots of the Survival spec (melee and traps focus)... but I just can't play it, the DPS window + RNG aspect on Mongoose and Fury completely kill it for me

Deleted
    Personally no, I found the old SV a bit dull. I appreciated it at the time but it was very faceroll. A lot of specs were in MoP/WoD so it fitted at the time but Legion has ramped up the complexity of most specs (BM was seemingly forgotten though) and I see that as a good thing.

I'm very-much enjoying the new SV and the challenge of playing it right. Way of the Mok'Nathal now being the talent of choice in the first tier has added, to my mind, perhaps one too many plates to keep spinning on the complexity level of things now but I'm determined to master it. I'm looking forward to the upcoming buffs so I can be doing more than hanging off the coat-tails of similarly-geared friends in our M+ adventures (managed +11 so far). Butchery in particular is a lot of fun, briefly hit 21m dps on a large pack yesterday!

I've always mained hunter since vanilla apart from a few ventures with Resto Shaman so maining melee is new to me but I do think the game has been lacking a melee-oriented pet class. Obviously Unholy DK also fits this theme mechanically but the melee-weapon wielding master-of-the-wild (trying to avoid say Beast Master) theme with an animal pet is a trope seen throughout fantasy literature and gaming, it always was strangely absent from WoW despite existing in earlier Warcraft games.

Survival in vanilla was terrible though.

Mop survival was the best spec this game ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by sololux View Post
    Mop survival was the best spec this game ever had.
    I second this, though I might qualify it with "damage spec"

Deleted
    Don`t miss it at all New surv spec is the most fun i had in 11 years.
    And the buffs keeps on comeing

I miss ranged survival. I had enjoyed it a lot since wotlk.

More than anything, I just miss all 3 hunter specs being fun to play. They are all just so unappealing atm.

doesn't matter if i miss it or not :/ we all know it's never coming back.

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed Survival now and then, but I found it to be meh the last couple of expansions. I love melee Survival though now. I sadly suspect Blizzard will remove it though after Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't main a hunter - but it is in my top favorites.

I do miss old Surv. I liked it quite a bit...that being said, I do find new Surv enjoyable. If I had to pick between the two, I'd probably go old Surv.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodymass View Post
    Definitely wasn't actually unless you mean pre 1.7 Survival. Post 1.7 it became an awesome tree. It had many great PVP talents in it, and the best raiding spec had more points in it than Marks. I have good memories with that spec.

which old surv spec?

Vanilla old surv with Lacerate as the 31pt? lackluster ranged with half assed melee?

Cata-mop era Surv with magic dmg out the ass?

WoD where they gutted a few things and it started turning into Marks but with magic and more movement. Personally, i started falling for surv when they added improved serpent sting and serpent spread... soo much added dmg on aoe.

MoP Survival was the most fun my Hunter ever was.

So so so much yes. Cata surv was the best surv

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bodymass View Post
    Only until your gear scaled high enough that the agility buff near the bottom of the tree outpaced trushot aura. Then hybrid surv/marks was the shit.

I miss old survival, My personal favorite be Wotlk. But lets be honest do you really think blizz will revert changes.
    Last edited by ezyride; 2017-01-17 at 08:34 AM.