Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Huanak View Post
    what piss me most is every other class get buff but we got pretty big nerfed.

I used to beat my DH guildie most of time. but now he is far above me laugh at me now.

I try element and it still below enh on raid boss so that is not good choice.

I just want to see how it go with Nighthold 4 set then it is time to take a break untill next expansion.
    Don't compare yourself to DH, they're OP right now and have nerfs incoming. Expect to see more balancing after the first week of Nighthold, there'll be tons more data by then.

so you're complaining that you're having to use another talent build? are you new to this game or something because having to switch is nothing new

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    Being this triggered over some guy disliking the current iteration of the spec. You guys act like he is personally affronting your life's values. You feel the need to personally insult him and even more hilariously insult the class he is switching to. xD Just LOL.

My enhance is just an alt but the new cookie cutter spec is awful. Rockbiter spam is cancer.
    if it's just an alt then use boulderfist, not that big a deal if you're not high end raiding

Quote Originally Posted by Einst3in View Post
    what? m+ dps is higher now.
    Not by a lot though. Our burst went down a lot which was one of the main reasons that we were good in m+ to begin with. We were great for everything that needed focus and/or targetswapping instantly, especially on things like Bolstering/Tyrannical. Our cleave damage (or AoE for that matter) was OKAYish on higher than +10. Now we have an AoE spell that... well... lets just say I'd prefer going ham with tempest-stormstrikes on mobs in cleave damage, as it was more bursty, which is better for some affixes. Having a semi-dot AoE isn't that great on higher keystones at all, especially when you have any other class in your group that does more AoE damage (DH, Outlaw to some extent, Firemages, Hunters BEFORE they entered the trashbin together with us).

We still have some burst phases, but we're not dealing much damage in it compared to most other classes (*cough* Demonhunters *cough*). With the nerf to appendages, our damage went down pretty hard, the same goes for Overcharge. The thing with Hailstorm was, that it still gave decent damage output even if you were either unlucky with procs or somewhat badly geared - Hailstorm basically helped us staying on a decent amount of damage.

What enhancement shaman is currently missing is decent damage output OUTSIDE of procs or cooldowns like Lightning Bolt or Doom Winds. We're one of the proc-heaviest classes in the game and thats where most of our damage output came from - Stormbringer procs.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Quite okay with LB in the rotation, but FoA sucks balls so I hope with the coming nerf to it's damage it'll be replaced with crashing storms again.

If the lightning bolt sounded beefier for it's hit though i'd be happy, a little zap ain't much for a 1.4m crit.

It's not so much FoA as the rockbiter spam that keeps you going to maintain it on top of t he 50 maelstrom for LB on single target. There are reportedly 2 NH fights where we will take overcharge(apparently according to imnick so whether LB is the optimal build for those two fights it reads more like we'll be using tempest for every fight except the two fights.). If that's not the case feel free to call him a piece of shit.

I still don't understand how the 4p bonus 20% stormbringer proc chance on LL somehow == don't have to take FoA but hey whatever I guess it just works out that maelstrom dumping on LL is more worth it at that point for a chance at more stormbringer procs...which is kind of weird considering you could already be on a stormbringer proc string and have FoA up meaning you would have had more damage if you had FoA up but hey rng class is rng.
    Last edited by ehxy; 2017-01-15 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by atredies View Post
    Quite okay with LB in the rotation, but FoA sucks balls so I hope with the coming nerf to it's damage it'll be replaced with crashing storms again.

If the lightning bolt sounded beefier for it's hit though i'd be happy, a little zap ain't much for a 1.4m crit.
    Hehe, I'm on the other side. I dislike LB in the rotation (yet another short CD ability to fluf up the 'class identity') and enjoy having to actually look at my resources with FoA.

Having played Enhancement in every iteration (oh, those vanilla WF-streaks) I have found a lot of design has been back and forth between 2 schools/identities. One is the big (enhanced) hitter, reminiscent of the old 2H days, while the other one is adding more rapid strikes to the spec.
    This is why I like the attempts to bring the BF/HS/CS builds as close to HH/AS/FoA ones as possible, because they allow for a different feeling of big meaningful button presses vs more overall ability usage. The HH build to me feels a bit closer to casters, as you're always doing something, while BF build is more akin to classic melee like Rogue or Arms Warrior, with some dead time.
    And then there is the more bursty style with WF and the other piano-build talents, so plenty of stuff to go around with (Except the last tier, because when the passive choice is the only viable one, the entire row feels underwhelming)

I do think that some people are overemphasising the differences on sims too much. I see people shouting "dead spec" when a talent choice is 1-2% below the best simmed one, not taking into account that sims are perfect and run on one specific (theoretical) fight. Not being as experienced with a spec or simply disliking it and not giving it as much effort (unconsiously or otherwise) will cost you atleast as much as that 2% the sims says. And that's excluding gear changes, where having better Relics (and thus weapon ilvl) may boost talents around Stormstrike/Lava Lash above the generic sim levels.

PS: What if Overcharge buffed/interacted with CL instead? Considering Tempest has AoE value and ESL sort of as well, it would make more sense, stays within the ability usage, opens up some synergy with CS and frankly, lets us stick to a single lightning smackerino skill.

Quote Originally Posted by hoochymamma View Post
    Most of you cry about enhancement beeing weak, i really dont care about that.
    The thing about enhancement is that it is FUN ! like, i never had so much fun with a character in wow since vanila.
    Now, i don't really care if they buff us again, the rotation/prio list atm is shit, it's a fucking mess !

After investing shitload of time in my shaman it's time to say goodbye.
    hey fury warrior, im coming =)
    thanks for making my morning with this cry post. i play enh shaman as main. you're wrong. end of story.

Quote Originally Posted by ehxy View Post
    <snip>

I still don't understand how the 4p bonus 20% stormbringer proc chance on LL somehow == don't have to take FoA but hey whatever I guess it just works out that maelstrom dumping on LL is more worth it at that point for a chance at more stormbringer procs...which is kind of weird considering you could already be on a stormbringer proc string and have FoA up meaning you would have had more damage if you had FoA up but hey rng class is rng.
    Unless you're sitting at high enough mastery, 4p means pressing LL instead of RB has more chance of giving you an SB proc.
    If you include 'opportunity cost' of LL replacing RB, the damage per MW without sets or relics of FoA is roughly equal to LL, with the added benefit that you can dump more MS in the same time frame. 4p makes it so this is no longer true, as the extra proc chance favors spending MS on LL more than on MS (single target anyway)
    As for streaks goes; FoA competes with SS for MS during very long streaks, so that kind of balances out.

Deleted
    I was so hyped for enhancement before Legion, it was my loong time main. But for me it didnt and still dont play well. I feel like it's 1 big clusterfuk, already tried going back to enhancement for bigger numbers (I'm Elemental this expansion, it's awesome tbh, now not only gameplay, numbers too) in 7.1, but I couldnt stand it. Spamming lava lash with feral spirit up, using aoe ability for single target. Constant 15sec long self buffs that gives you hidden numbers. Stormstrike chain procs are cool, but not if you have +3 chain and you struggle with maelstrom so you have to use filler. Boulderfist > Lava Lash ... (builder is stronger than spender) Wotlk, Cata and MoP were cool for me, you could use 1 spell and it went cooldown with some lucky lava lash reset. This whole sh*t with charges, constant spam of the same ability to get rid of Maelstrom doesnt feel powerful. Stormbringer reset is the coolest thing this spec have, but 2 charges is enough imo.

I was in minority that didnt like new enha, but I see more and more people start to feel the same. Everything I wrote here is my own opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Huulo View Post
    Don't compare yourself to DH, they're OP right now and have nerfs incoming. Expect to see more balancing after the first week of Nighthold, there'll be tons more data by then.
    DH's will be nerfed again, but remain OP - because hero class.

DH's wont get shit on until x new class comes out, and then they will probably slip through the cracks like everyone else. If people have learned anything from DK's this is all obvious now.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Im having a really hard time adjusting to the new Enhance. I've mained Enhance since the very beginning of BC.
    I get where they were going and I feel they did a great job as far as PvE goes. However, Enhance feels really bad in PvP. It feels gutted. I lost almost all my "outplay" toolkit.

Magma totem: Very crucial for stopping stealth openers by throwing it around playing "Battleship" with Rogue/Ferals.
    Healing tide: Very strong team utility CD.
    Tremor: Very strong team utility
    Grounding baseline: Great outplay potential. Very high skillcap.
    Earthbind totem: Great for peeling could place behind los for max irritation.

The loss of all of things that once separated Enhance players and gave us multiple ways to stand out and out play opponents are gone. Now, we purge and run at people doing our PvE rotations.

The Legion PvPbgameplay is now, very shallow for many specs that once held great depth.

Tl;dr PvP Enhance feels bad w/o our once, vast array of totems.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huulo View Post
    Yeah, they've been nerfing specs that are 100+ k ahead of us by 10k and buffing us by 10k.

Go into the shadow forum or DH forum, they're all happy. They expected much bigger nerfs. They're op as hell because NH with all that AOE will favor DHs even more.
    Last edited by mmoc4ec7d51a68; 2017-01-15 at 07:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    Being this triggered over some guy disliking the current iteration of the spec. You guys act like he is personally affronting your life's values. You feel the need to personally insult him and even more hilariously insult the class he is switching to. xD Just LOL.

My enhance is just an alt but the new cookie cutter spec is awful. Rockbiter spam is cancer.

Triggered this, cancer that. You're one "lel" away from turning this forum into 4chan, kid.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    Enhancement is fun i just hate how Healing Surge uses mana even after it consumes maelstrom to become instant. Like... what's the fucking point? You use it 5 times and you're fucking OOM in the middle of combat and your HP is rapidly falling

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcleave View Post
    Im having a really hard time adjusting to the new Enhance. I've mained Enhance since the very beginning of BC.
    I get where they were going and I feel they did a great job as far as PvE goes. However, Enhance feels really bad in PvP. It feels gutted. I lost almost all my "outplay" toolkit.

Magma totem: Very crucial for stopping stealth openers by throwing it around playing "Battleship" with Rogue/Ferals.
    Healing tide: Very strong team utility CD.
    Tremor: Very strong team utility
    Grounding baseline: Great outplay potential. Very high skillcap.
    Earthbind totem: Great for peeling could place behind los for max irritation.

The loss of all of things that once separated Enhance players and gave us multiple ways to stand out and out play opponents are gone. Now, we purge and run at people doing our PvE rotations.

The Legion PvPbgameplay is now, very shallow for many specs that once held great depth.

Tl;dr PvP Enhance feels bad w/o our once, vast array of totems.
    Healing Tide is heal only now, which it should've been a long time ago.
    Magma totem... well, good thing that dot is gone, even for PvP.
    Earthbind is in the game since 7.1.
    Tremor and Grounding is literally the only thing that was ever really useful. Also fyi: most high rated arena teams had Enhancement in them, because of their ability to burst, decent supporting abilities and interrupting people. Hex is still a thing, just as well as Counterstrike Totems and other stuff added some more options to the toolkit.

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    Yeah, they've been nerfing specs that are 100+ k ahead of us by 10k and buffing us by 10k.

Go into the shadow forum or DH forum, they're all happy. They expected much bigger nerfs. They're op as hell because NH with all that AOE will favor DHs even more.
    DH's will be happy even without AoE. Their current Singletarget build is just a joke and actually, the new ST build for DH's is way more "enhancy" than we are currently. What do I mean with that? Well...
    Demon Blades = Windfury/Auto attacks ressource gain, Felblade/Fel Mastery = Boulderfist (quite literally), Chaos Strike = Crash Lightning/Lava Lash to dump, Blade Dance = Stormstrike.

Its quite funny. Havoc's new playstyle is literally our playstyle pre 7.1.5.

Quote Originally Posted by DaHomieG View Post
    Enhancement is fun i just hate how Healing Surge uses mana even after it consumes maelstrom to become instant. Like... what's the fucking point? You use it 5 times and you're fucking OOM in the middle of combat and your HP is rapidly falling
    That is precisely the point of it: to prevent just being invulnerable. Our Surges crit for a lot. It's for emergency healing. Nothing more. Also there is a stun totem and astral shift to heal yourself up.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Deleted
    Why do they insist to change all specs each expansion? There was nothing wrong with the past builds for example enhancement gameplay in Mist and in Warlods.
    (Sure there was some things that could been changed, but overall?)

I fairly enjoyed the game more when you needed to know what the fudge you were doing, the gameplay today you have the self buffs and just spam the procs out, rly? Ye that's fun woho..

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Triggered this, cancer that. You're one "lel" away from turning this forum into 4chan, kid.
    You are the one making this a personal thing and act as a 4chan virgin bashing everyone don't think the same as you.
    Everyone raising a valid point's here, yet you contribute nothing for the topic.

Just leave this thread, begone pest.

Deleted
    i play the old BF build and do better than with the suggested builds - i only even sim like 5k less with the go-to 7.1 build - so screw the OC playstyle!

the new builds are all pretty close, all they need to do is raise our overall dmg and maybe buff our BiS trinkets so we can compete again!

ofc there are a few thing that would be nice design wise, like bakeing in BF and redesign FoA, becasuse its like the most boring thing ever.
    Last edited by mmoc7f469b031e; 2017-01-16 at 09:32 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=hoochymamma;44166945]
    I am playing this game to have fun and not to see big numbers.

- - - Updated - - -

Said no one ever...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hoochymamma View Post
    You are the one making this a personal thing and act as a 4chan virgin bashing everyone don't think the same as you.
    Everyone raising a valid point's here, yet you contribute nothing for the topic.

Just leave this thread, begone pest.
    What's to contribute? Your entire post is a ragequit whinefest. Literally no one cares that you are rerolling, not even your mother.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama