Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Stream was pretty good, people were expecting a full QnA when it was never meant to be that...

Caydiem says next week is probable for the next ptr build, and they have had many talks already about community feedback on primal dungeons and the matrix.
    Disagree 100% ….The dev was nervous and flustered, never got the info across well at all.

So, the general consensus so far from ptr testers is that the systems in place are really good, they just need some retuning/rebalancing

Prime+ is not hard enough to be long lasting content.

The higher prime dungeons dont reward higher Essences

new player entry for pvp may be made worse with this update.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Warplots happened again! It does seem this will be a weekly thing and not a dud!
    Also, with another steamcharts report. It's still growing, with a big influx of people in Nexus asking questions.
    Drop 10 is doing its job quite well!
    WILDSTAR, The best f2p themepark mmorpg! Play today! http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/freetoplay/
    Come join me and thousands of others

Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post
    Disagree 100% ….The dev was nervous and flustered, never got the info across well at all.
    I agree that the dev wasnt prepared, but I wasnt like...bored the whole time.
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildbark View Post
    Warplots happened again! It does seem this will be a weekly thing and not a dud!
    Also, with another steamcharts report. It's still growing, with a big influx of people in Nexus asking questions.
    Drop 10 is doing its job quite well!
    Big influx? There's been a bump, but it went from peaking around 500ish to 600ish. I mean, it's a bump, but "big influx" isn't remotely accurate.

Let's stay grounded in reality, shall we? It's when crap like this happens that potential new/returning players roll their eyes and decide not to bother with a community.

Deleted
    Once again your tunnel vision kicked in and you associated the entire post to one word “ steam “ maybe next time they will add the word A L S O to help you comprehend.

Once again your tunnel vision kicked in and you associated the entire post to one word “ steam “ maybe next time they will add the word A L S O to help you comprehend.
    Might have something to do with the fact Steam and the Steam charts were mentioned. Also 650 in a 24 hour peak is nothing to be proud of. We have no clue how many are non steam since Carbine won't release numbers for it.

So in a moment of boredom I picked this game up for the third time – gonna see if I can at least make it to 20 this time. Couple of questions –

I’ve got a level 7 Dominion Stalker and she’s in the first town (can’t remember the name of the town or zone though). I’ve tried logging out in each of the buildings, as well as the church, but none of them seem to be safe zones – I get the 20 second countdown before logging. Are there no inns or equivalent in the game? No rested XP?

Have they adjusted how quests and levelling work? Are you still penalized for doing everything in a zone? If yes, how do you tell which quests to take and which to ignore?

I noticed on my action bar that the corresponding key is linked under the skill – i.e. 1 2 3 etc. – however a couple are labelled N4 and N5 (I think – at work so can’t check). What do these mean? I can press 4 or 5 and it fires the ability, I’m just confused as to the label.

Quote Originally Posted by Davemetalhead View Post
    So in a moment of boredom I picked this game up for the third time – gonna see if I can at least make it to 20 this time. Couple of questions –

I’ve got a level 7 Dominion Stalker and she’s in the first town (can’t remember the name of the town or zone though). I’ve tried logging out in each of the buildings, as well as the church, but none of them seem to be safe zones – I get the 20 second countdown before logging. Are there no inns or equivalent in the game? No rested XP?

Have they adjusted how quests and levelling work? Are you still penalized for doing everything in a zone? If yes, how do you tell which quests to take and which to ignore?

I noticed on my action bar that the corresponding key is linked under the skill – i.e. 1 2 3 etc. – however a couple are labelled N4 and N5 (I think – at work so can’t check). What do these mean? I can press 4 or 5 and it fires the ability, I’m just confused as to the label.
    Housing is an inn. I cant remember off hand if the game has rested xp areas.

You aren't penalized I guess, like in any game if you do the whole zone you will probably start to outlevel it so it would be best to just head to the other one.
    If you want to do everything your play time will be extended, but not by some astronomical number imo

If you want to just level fast and not burn out, simply do region/zone quests and the world story once they start popping up

Not sure about the action bar, try going to addons and restoring defaults or just a plain /reloadui

- - - Updated - - -

Well, he did exclusively bring up steam.

Growth is growth in my opinion, it can be downplayed to the cows come home, but if you try and estimate the numbers of main client vs steam, then I would say there has been a noticeable increase. Not a "big influx" I would consider a big influx like +100 or higher, not +40.

Regardless, I am happy.

Also check out my returning to Nexus guide and tips https://forums.wildstar-online.com/f...players-guide/
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Housing is an inn. I cant remember off hand if the game has rested xp areas.

You aren't penalized I guess, like in any game if you do the whole zone you will probably start to outlevel it so it would be best to just head to the other one.
    If you want to do everything your play time will be extended, but not by some astronomical number imo

If you want to just level fast and not burn out, simply do region/zone quests and the world story once they start popping up

Not sure about the action bar, try going to addons and restoring defaults or just a plain /reloadui

- - - Updated - - -

Well, he did exclusively bring up steam.

Growth is growth in my opinion, it can be downplayed to the cows come home, but if you try and estimate the numbers of main client vs steam, then I would say there has been a noticeable increase. Not a "big influx" I would consider a big influx like +100 or higher, not +40.

Regardless, I am happy.

Also check out my returning to Nexus guide and tips https://forums.wildstar-online.com/f...players-guide/
    But still. Growth in any game like this has to be a noticeable and profitable one. 100 isn't exactly something to scream over imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    But still. Growth in any game like this has to be a noticeable and profitable one. 100 isn't exactly something to scream over imo.
    Definitely not something to be overly excited about, certainly not something to claim as a "big influx"
    I mean, i would say a +100 is an influx, just not a "big one" as Wildbark thinks 40 is.

I am all for telling people the game is growing, but exaggerating it is something else.
    Diablo Bore.

Quote - I noticed on my action bar that the corresponding key is linked under the skill – i.e. 1 2 3 etc. – however a couple are labelled N4 and N5 (I think – at work so can’t check). What do these mean? I can press 4 or 5 and it fires the ability, I’m just confused as to the label.

This is a picture of the bar in question -

Edit - Hmmm, doesn't seem to post Linky - http://imgur.com/a/gF8Ca

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote - I noticed on my action bar that the corresponding key is linked under the skill – i.e. 1 2 3 etc. – however a couple are labelled N4 and N5 (I think – at work so can’t check). What do these mean? I can press 4 or 5 and it fires the ability, I’m just confused as to the label.
    Seems like you have it primarily bound to the number pad '4'. Go into keybinds, you should see N4 as primary and then 4 as secondary. Otherwise, some games are programmed to treat them the same but will display what key you have entered there.

If you want it to be consistent, just rebind it to the normal '4', etc.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Seems like you have it primarily bound to the number pad '4'. Go into keybinds, you should see N4 as primary and then 4 as secondary. Otherwise, some games are programmed to treat them the same but will display what key you have entered there.

If you want it to be consistent, just rebind it to the normal '4', etc.
    Hmm, odd - pretty sure I haven't rebound anything ...

Thanks anyway, I'll check it out tonight.

Another question - I bought the digital deluxe version on release, but didn't play it much. I seem to remember having a load of unopened crates when last I played, fairly sure you could only open one a day and I didn't play enough to open them all. I can't seem to find these anywhere anymore, did I lose them all? I notice that I do have a lot of items that I can bind to a character - pets, mounts, costumes etc. Are these likely to be from those crates, opened automatically for me, or from something else?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, odd - pretty sure I haven't rebound anything ...

Thanks anyway, I'll check it out tonight.

Another question - I bought the digital deluxe version on release, but didn't play it much. I seem to remember having a load of unopened crates when last I played, fairly sure you could only open one a day and I didn't play enough to open them all. I can't seem to find these anywhere anymore, did I lose them all? I notice that I do have a lot of items that I can bind to a character - pets, mounts, costumes etc. Are these likely to be from those crates, opened automatically for me, or from something else?
    That's just my best guess as I've seen similar in other games. Gaming mice, like razer, are coded to be the number pad numbers. Thankfully I have a logitech one that lets me say the mouse buttons are any keyboard key.

Someone else will have to confirm this for me, but I think they discontinued crates a long time ago. They discontinued the ones that come from buying box copies, but unsure on the original ones. It's been so long since I had those crates I can't even remember.
    BAD WOLF

That's just my best guess as I've seen similar in other games. Gaming mice, like razer, are coded to be the number pad numbers. Thankfully I have a logitech one that lets me say the mouse buttons are any keyboard key.
    Could be - I have a Logitech G600 so maybe it's mapped them to that, although as I said it does work pressing the normal number keys - it's not really an issue, just confuzzled me (easily done nowadays!)

Someone else will have to confirm this for me, but I think they discontinued crates a long time ago. They discontinued the ones that come from buying box copies, but unsure on the original ones. It's been so long since I had those crates I can't even remember.
    People are definitely still opening crates. One of my guildies was "complaining" about them the other day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    People are definitely still opening crates. One of my guildies was "complaining" about them the other day.
    That's strange, because I've been in since CBT1 and I opened the last of my crates a looooong time ago. Then the wife and I bought like...idk...40 copies of the physical game for the other loot. (tax returns got blown that year) I was sad to see that they discontinued the box crates, because I want the glitter kitty mount on all characters. Tbh, they should make original mounts account wide.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    By default, that is; i'm pretty sure Synapse lets you map the mouse as you see fit.
    I haven't dabbled too much into it, but i know the software has a shitload of options like macros etc..

Deleted
    Carbine Studios Staff
    Today, 01:48 AM
    Hey all!

Conguero posted this over in Game Updates, but I wanted to share it here as well in order to start the discussion about our most recent (and upcoming) changes. Looking forward to your feedback!

Power of the Primal Matrix PTR Testing – Week 2

Thanks for all of the great PTR feedback that you have been providing on the Power of the Primal Matrix update. We’ve made several adjustments to the Primal Matrix and related systems to bring them closer in line with how we want players to interact with these game systems in the future. We’re also making some temporary changes only on PTR to enable better focus testing of certain elements of the update. Here’s an overview of the major issues that we’re currently looking at, as well as some of the changes we’ve already made in the latest PTR update.

Primal Essence Gains
    We’ve increased base Primal Essence gains significantly. We felt that the rate at which players were interacting with the Primal Matrix (spending Essence) was too infrequent, especially during the early stages of the system. We’re going to be keeping an eye on this going forward and you should expect future tuning.

Scaling up Prime Level Essence Rewards
    We’ve enabled a Primal Essence multiplier based on the Prime Level of the content you’re completing. Higher Prime Levels have a higher multiplier. We want people to feel rewarded for playing the content appropriate for them. We’ll continue to take a look at these values and make changes as necessary.

Cranking Drusera’s Gift up to 11 (500%)
    On PTR, you should see yourself earning Primal Essence at roughly 500% the normal rate. This is due to a system we’re calling Drusera’s Gift, which works similarly to rested experience for Primal Essence. As you earn Essence to burn off this bonus, the magnitude of the bonus decreases as you approach the normal earning state. On Live, this is intended to help new players and less active players keep up and continue to progress their characters in a rewarding fashion. For PTR, we’re using it to accelerate Essence gain to allow testers to race through the Primal Matrix on a condensed timeline. Enjoy!

Increased Difficulty of Prime Dungeons
    Our exceptional players have been able to complete high-level Prime Dungeons much easier and faster than we expected. As a result, we’re increasing the rate at which Prime Dungeons scale, making each tier a slightly larger jump in difficulty than before. This will be felt much more at the higher Prime Levels. Adjustment and iteration is ongoing.

Prime Progression Requires Silver Medal Instead of Gold
    Completing a Prime Dungeon with a Silver Medal will allow access to the next Prime Level. Completing with a Gold Medal will allow access to the next two Prime Levels. We didn’t feel that the challenge posed by getting a Gold Medal was a reasonable requirement for the majority of the player base. Going forward, we’ll be looking at the Dungeon Medal System to ensure that earning Silver Medal reflects that you’ve engaged with and demonstrated mastery over all of the Dungeon’s mechanics.

Enabling Prime Difficulties 11 through 15
    We want the Prime system to feel like it has a high level of challenge for all of our players, so we’re opening up additional Prime Levels. These Prime Levels are tuned on a different scaling curve so as to be extremely challenging. The items dropped in these difficulties will not be scaled higher than rewards from Prime 10, but the Essence Reward multipliers do continue to scale. We don’t expect players to be able to complete these Prime Levels, but feel comfortable offering the challenge for players who want to continue to push their groups. How this is ultimately implemented for release is still under discussion.

Reducing Base Item Level of Prime Dungeon Rewards
    In this update we’ve lowered Prime Dungeon rewards by 5 item levels. We’re hearing your feedback about invalidating Raids by providing rewards too lucrative from high Prime Level Dungeons, and we completely agree that the appeal of Raid progression is worth preserving. Increasing the gap between Prime 10 rewards and Redmoon Terror rewards is a step towards continuing to keep Raids as relevant end-game content (see next paragraph). These values are subject to future change and will likely see iteration in ongoing PTR updates.

Scaling Item Drops Added to Raids
    As of this PTR build, items that drop in Raids will have a chance to upgrade to Eldan and Ancient Eldan quality, similar to Prime Dungeons and Expeditions. The goal of this change is to make sure that Raids continue to provide ongoing, meaningful, and compelling gear progression for our raiders, in the same way that Prime Dungeons and Expeditions do for other players. Our Raids represent some of the most challenging and compelling large-group content in WildStar, and it’s important to us that our raiders feel adequately rewarded for their time and dedication.

We’re still working on tuning several factors that need to be balanced in order to deliver satisfying, fair results. These include: the quantity of items received for completing a Prime Dungeon, the difference between the base item levels for the highest Prime Level Dungeons and Raids, the rate at which items upgrade in each type of content, as well as the highest upgrade level allowed for the game as a whole.

Going into the next week of PTR iteration we’re focused reviewing and iterating (if necessary) on the following systems:
    Incentives for Random Normal Dungeon Queue (we understand that this is an important issue for the community, and it is for us as well)
    Dungeon Medal System
    Heroism
    Primal Essence Acquisition
    Thanks again to all of you who have been testing this new update and providing insightful feedback. Your participation in this process is vital to making this a smooth and successful update. See you all on the PTR!