Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Like I said, so are Hershey and McD. They're both in the "food marketplace", that doesn't mean they're direct competition though kid. You know, what we've been debating.
    There has been no debate. In order for there to be a debate both sides have a chance at being wrong.

I don't have a chance at being wrong about this. You are just ether ignorant on how this works or baiting... Ether way I'm done with it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Logicbank View Post
    however, with the current announcement's of the switch and it's price tag it seems investor's in the company are bailing ship, presumably fearing another Wii-U like flop.
    eh. very very few people had switch dev kits until relatively recently (atleast in terms of dev time) which is why were mostly getting ports and easy to transfer indie games.

a bunch of developers complained that they would not be able to have games anywhere near time for launch.

so id say thats more on nintendo for being super secretive about the switch, which makes no sense because they said the reason for being secretive was so microsoft and sony wouldnt jump on their plans but after the vita i dont see why sony or microsoft would make a handheld anyways but whatever, tendo gonna tendo.

there will be alot more games announced but alot of them wont be coming out until basically next year. and if it flops then expect whatever few exclusives do get announced to get xbox one and ps4 ports or cancelled entirely like rayman.

price is definitely the biggest issue.

if tendo couldve somehow lowered the price to 250 and bundled it with something like fifa at launch this thing would be flying off the shelf.

what nintendo needs to do is build trust during the launch. they need to announce some of their big guns relatively soon after launch like pokemon to ensure people that it will get strong support.

pokemon almost always gets announced between march and april.

with its low stock it will be pretty much sold out still even then so it be a really good pr move if shortly after launch they announce pokemon for it. especially if pokemon comes out in november.

switch with a pokemon game right before black friday and holiday sales will sell a shit ton this year as long as tendo keeps up the announcements and the marketing.

pokemon and a 3d mario at holiday season. thats system sellers right there.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

It's being marketed as a console I can grab and go with. I can also use it to play on my TV. What marketing have you seen that says you can't use it as a portable system? I know they're avoiding calling it a handheld, but that's a marketing move so they can keep selling 3DS units for now.
    You COULD use it strictly as a portable system. However its designed, and being marketed as a home console you can play anywhere.

Its not being marketed as a portable console you can plug into a TV...

I never said it was. I said it's both... which puts it in a different class than XB1 and PS4.
    I can buy an accessory that makes my Xbone/PS4 portable.

What now?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    eh. very very few people had switch dev kits until relatively recently (atleast in terms of dev time) which is why were mostly getting ports and easy to transfer indie games.

a bunch of developers complained that they would not be able to have games anywhere near time for launch.
    i wasn't aware the dev kits were shipped that late during development. that does explain the lack of third party titels announcements so far.
    i do recall some mayor developers/publishers stating that developing for the switch is great compared to other platforms, so here's hoping we get some mayor 3rd party announcements soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Logicbank View Post
    i wasn't aware the dev kits were shipped that late during development. that does explain the lack of third party titels announcements so far.
    i do recall some mayor developers/publishers stating that developing for the switch is great compared to other platforms, so here's hoping we get some mayor 3rd party announcements soon.
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...er-kits-report
    Nintendo has begun issuing developers with software kits for its upcoming under-wraps NX console, a new report claims.
    This was reported on in October 16 2015. If its true that means the dev's have had the kits for a bit over a year.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

This was reported on in October 16 2015. If its true that means the dev's have had the kits for a bit over a year.
    and even then that was pretty much just ubisoft, ea and square who had kits that early though, and even then only selective dev teams under heavy ndas.

which means only a small handful of development teams had time to work on games for the switch.

nintendo did a piss poor job of getting 3rd parties in on development compared to sony with the ps4.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Nintendo hasn't been trying to compete with MS or Sony for years now, they know the market they fill and what their audience will pretty much always be. To say that Nintendo is competing with MS/Sony is foolish at this point, mainly due to the fact that Nintendo isn't as dumb as some of you portray them and they do research markets and plan what there business will aim for. If they wanted to compete with MS/Sony we'd be seeing a very different console along with games.

The only justification for the systems existence seems to be the new zelda title from what I've gathered from most of the few die hard nintendo fans that I know. And most of them seem to have a hard time getting it past their wives to spend 360€ for a game .

Deleted

a little over a year is more then enough to port a game, if there's no mayor software/hardware hurdles/implications.
    and with Ubisofts positive statement about developing for the Switch they're probably cooking up something, unless they wanna go full no man's sky.
    which... no one should ever go full no man's sky...
    it is however a bit short to develop and flesh out a large 60$ title from scratch.

though, really hoping to see some 3rd party reveal's nearing the switch's launch date.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    The only justification for the systems existence seems to be the new zelda title from what I've gathered from most of the few die hard nintendo fans that I know. And most of them seem to have a hard time getting it past their wives to spend 360€ for a game .
    Majority of the games they announced recently are arguably system sellers to someone.

(SMT, Xenoblade 2, Mario Odyssey, Zelda are system sellers for me)

Consoles are an investment at launch. Theres enough future content to invest in a Switch, but until then we have Arms! (Seriously, why is Arms a full priced game? I thought for sure it was going to be a discount digital game only)

I'm more concerned with the demo disk 1,2,switch being full price.. well I guess there is a 10€ discount - lol. Most of the other games you mentioned won't be available at launch, will they? Also zelda doesn't seem to be released for switch in europe at launch (unless most sellers just refuse to list it as anything other than WiiU).
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2017-01-17 at 05:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pickley View Post
    Majority of the games they announced recently are arguably system sellers to someone.

Consoles are an investment at launch. Theres enough future content to invest in a Switch, but until then we have Arms! (Seriously, why is Arms a full priced game? I thought for sure it was going to be a discount digital game only)
    because its a full fighting game with a roster of characters?

i think arms is going to be a sleeper hit. as long as they can make the button control option fun i think it will be a great fighting game

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    because its a full fighting game with a roster of characters?

i think arms is going to be a sleeper hit. as long as they can make the button control option fun i think it will be a great fighting game
    Only if I can spam 'ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA' while playing it.

That's the aspect I'm looking forward to the most.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    then get a 3ds because the switch at launch is not good portable gaming when it only launches with 1 good game.

1 2 switch is being received negatively at events because it's cheap garbage, bomberman R will be full of microtransactions, and skylanders and just dance are trash. Leaving Zelda, but that's releasing on the wiiU so ??????
    I know Arms is not a launch title, but it is a March title, and it looks good to me now that I know all about it. You can play it without motion controls and it has online. If it has an arcade mode/campaign it might be worth full price, but thats yet to be seen. Still think 30-40 would help them ship a lot more units. So, I may pick it up if the reviews are good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Hahahahaha, holy crap are they serious?

It's like with every passing hour there's another idiotic decision on the part of Nintendo. It's almost like they're trying to sink their own god damn console.
    I mean, having it included would have been nice, but its it really necessary? They have 20 hour battery lives, and they charge while connected to the screen.

- - - Updated - - -

I shouldn't have added a /s myfault

So lets run down the extra shit people should "kinda need" to get along with the switch.

1) The grip charging dock "$30" http://www.gamestop.com/nes/accessor...er-grip/141868
    2) A decent size SD card if you plan to play anything other then BOTW, Even more so since BOTW takes up 40% of the total space. In truth it will be more then that because due to OS you don't get a full 32gig's. That is another $20-$30 at lease.

Soooooo
    System - $300.
    Grip - $30.
    SD Card - $30.
    That is $360 before tax and after you are looking at about $400. That is before you buy a game, Also keep in mind that the system does not come with a game (like 1,2 Switch).

- - - Updated - - -

The trailer and event show also lead people to believe this charging grip was coming with the system...
    I really do not think you need a grip. The real cost of the system is around 330-350 when you consider you need an SD card. They really should have a model with the pro controller and a game for 399 though. Id even buy a 1 2 Switch + Pro controller bundle for 399.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I think there is a salient point that one could easily fill the entire internal storage with two digital games, something that I don't believe is possible with the base 500GB HDD's in either the PS4 or Xbox One. So if you want to do digital with it, getting a new MicroSD card is going to be a must in a serious way. And looking at pricing, you could get a 512GB MicroSD for around $70ish, which is around the price of a 2TB drive (a bit cheaper than the 2TB, actually) for the PS4 or Xbox One.

It's going to really hamper any efforts to move towards a more digital based console, which Nintendo needs to do if they want to keep up with the rest of the market (which they usually seem to have zero interest in).
    Where are you finding a 512gb microsd for 70 dollars? Im finding 200gb ones at the price range.

- - - Updated - - -

Once again that MK8 on the Wii-U does not include the new stuff that is coming with The Switch version and This is splatoon 2 we are talking about not Splatoon 1.

Lets say ur numbers are 100% correct tho.

BotW is 13gig's
    MK8 is 5gigs (rounding up)
    Splatoon is 2 gigs (rounding up).

That is 20gigs out of 32gig's, but like I said early'er you don't get the full 22gig's. Good chance its somewhere around 28gig's you get. That leaves you with 8gig's of space for maybe 1-2 other games.

a SD card is going to be required.

Edit: This also kisses the chance of any decent 3rd party ports (BF1 for example even tho I know it won't work on The Switch) goodbye. Once again only a example but BF1 is around 40gig's on ps4. Hell BF4 with all DLC is a bit over 80gig's.
    To be fair, does anyone remember how awful it was with the original Xbox 360. It had what 20gigs? Thats about as bad even for game sizes back then as the Switch's 32 gigs today.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    Someone who played the Switch at London giving his detailed input: https://www.reddit.com/r/nintendo/co...ort=confidence

Something noteworthy:

"When discussing 1080p 60fps it was is in reference to the release copy of the game. Not the demo. The Demo is an older build of the game possibly dating back to E3. It's important to note any captured sources of the Demo will be of this build and thus not the final release. We'll find out if Nintendo hit their target March 3rd."
    There is no way Zelda is hitting 60 fps. Even an Xbox One or Ps4 would struggle to hit 60fps.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    You shouldn't have to worry about a price drop happening in the first holiday season. There may be a bundle, but it won't be bundled with a hugely popular game in its first holiday season. They wouldn't want to cut into potential sales by including LoZ or Mario (during the first holiday). You'd be more likely to see something like 1,2, Switch or Snipperclips bundled in. If you wait until the following holiday season (2018), you're more likely to see AAA game bundles, but nothing that released recently (Perhaps Mario or LoZ as they would be out for more than a year at that point).
    I wonder is a skyrim bundle would make sense? It would be good marketing to the normal gaming crowd. They see Skyrim so it would catch their attention.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pickley View Post

Why wouldn't Arms be a full priced game? From all of the footage I've seen of it, it definitely looks very much worthy of my $60 and we haven't seen the full game yet. I've spent $50-90 on ported arcade game with minimal additions for years and never batted an eye. Luckily some Dreamcast (House of the Dead 2 and MvC at launch though, lol) ports added in a fuck ton of content. Arms looks like a Sega arcade title I would have spent $50 on 15-20 years ago.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    2 really. Smash 4 online is a shit show. It makes SFV netcode look good(and SFV has pretty bad netcode compared to MKXL and KI)

Mario Kart and Splatoon are both good online. Doubt I will rebuy Mario Kart 8 for $60 tho.
    I think its fair to charge full price for those games though. A ton of people who might buy a switch didn't own a WiiU, so to them they are new games. I just wish Nintendo let you upgrade your version to the Switch version for a small fee though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    I would just like a console. No gimicks, no motion shit, no touch screen trash. A console with a regular controller and games. Call it the game cube 2. In honor of the last true gaming oriented system nintendo pushed out.
    This. This. This.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    To be fair, does anyone remember how awful it was with the original Xbox 360. It had what 20gigs? Thats about as bad even for game sizes back then as the Switch's 32 gigs today.
    Not at all. Looking back at some launch games on 360, Quake 4 takes 2.8GB (or less) up on PC (so around 15% of the launch storage), Call of Duty 2 is 4GB (or less) on PC (so 20%), Halo 3 (which came later) looks like it was under 6GB (30%).

And this was before digital distribution was much of a thing on consoles, so there wasn't much of an expectation of folks having any kind of robust digital library like there is on both PC and consoles today. Comparatively, it's much worse on the Switch. I mean, shit, they didn't even improve the base storage capacity compared to the Wii U from 4 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    There is no way Zelda is hitting 60 fps. Even an Xbox One or Ps4 would struggle to hit 60fps.
    Given what they're showing, PS4 could probably it it, and probably even the base model of the Xbox One. Pro could easily do it, and likely at closer to 1800p resolution like we're seeing on a number of games already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    wait wait wait wait wait

skyrim is being resold for $60?

THE ORIGINAL NOT REMASTERED SKYRIM FOR $60 WHAT
    Its not going to be the original. It might not be remastered quality, but they will adjust stuff when porting. And tbh, if they could hit 60fps will 360 level graphics, id be okay with that.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way. Is there a chance devs could put their games on larger 32-64gb carts leaving enough room for future dlc to download straight to the cart?