Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Сука Блять!

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Сука Блять!
    So rude...

I speak Spanish purely because I love going to Spain for my holidays.

Spanish is 2nd most populare non-native language in a world after english, by the way. Also i heard it`s quite easy to learn (especially compared to chinese or russian).

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Enthay eway illway ustjay avehay otay witchsay otay igpay atinlay.
    igpay igpay atinlay isway ethay opestday
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Is it esperanto?

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darthslider View Post
    Is it esperanto?
    oNay, itway isway igPay igPay atinLay orway upidSTay ersionVay ofway englishway
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Oh, got it, thanks.
    We have same joke in russian, which make language completely ununderstandable (is there such a word?) even for foreigners who know russian.

7+ Year Old Account
    Me no englando!

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, got it, thanks.
    We have same joke in russian, which make language completely ununderstandable (is there such a word?) even for foreigners who know russian.
    Brick language

Кисирписичнысый ясязысык
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Exactly! Forget the name of it. Thanks!
    But Igpay Atinlay is much harder to speak fluent.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    So, your "what if" is some astronomically unlikely event?

With that said, it's unfortunate that a second language isn't mandatory in the US education curriculum. With the present administration, that seems unlikely to change.
    varies from state to state as a 2nd language was required for me to graduate HS, wasn't exactly fluent but i learned French. Now my old HS takes computer programming as a second language requirement.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I had to take two years of French in high school, but honestly I think I covered more material in a single semester of a college course. That's not even because my high school was bad but because high school just generally moves at a somewhat slow pace and two years of teaching a language to bored teenagers isn't going to accomplish anything.
    I know, right?

I used to give remedial English to the teen son of a friend of mine. He had been learning English for four years - with four different teachers, each of whom either decided to or had to start fresh anew. The kid had a snowball's chance in hell of passing his high school finals. (And the fact that he did not find more time than an hour or two a week for extra lessons did not help him, either.)

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    inkoay inkoay.

They just need some English 101: Remedial Kickass.
    wth is pig latin?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

Native English speakers speak usually only English, but a lot of English words are sneaking into other languages, and that bothers me. Linguistical dipshits. "oh, an English word! Let's just use that because even attempting to come up with a word in our language is too much work". I can't stand Norwegian guilds in WoW because of this reason. It could be an international guild or Norwegian guild, with the almost non-existant Norwegian it doesn't make a difference

But wanting to learn a language is different than having to do a language in school. I had 2 years of German, and I'm useless. Though with both German and Norwegian being in the Germanic language group I have a bit of an advantage as understanding/guessing the German sometimes work out, but still wouldn't apply for a job that required German, for instance.

Ja, Deutsch! Sehr gut! Guten Tag! Ich sprache nicht Deutsch. I mean, does anyone actually become fluent, or close to fluent, from learning a language in school? Not counting English as it has a greater influence on people's lives.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Yet another thing for AI to do. Google Translate has been gone over by AI recently, they had the AI go to the country of native speakers and practice. Here is some text translated by Google AI. How does it do?

"Til tross for alle anstrengelser å bruke den beste vitenskapen tilgjengelig, banebrytende teknologi, samt modellering og råd fra dyktige fagfolk som er den beste i sitt felt, dessverre , søk har ikke vært i stand til å lokalisere flyet," byrået sa i en uttalelse, som var et felles kommuniké mellom transportministrene i Malaysia, Australia og Kina.

"Følgelig undervanns søket etter [flyet] er suspendert. Beslutningen om å suspendere den undersjøiske søk har ikke blitt tatt lett eller uten sorg."

Tjenestemenn undersøker flyet forsvant har anbefalt søke mannskap kursen nordover til et nytt område identifisert i en fersk analyse som en mulig ulykkesstedet . Men den australske regjeringen har allerede nixed den ideen.

=====
    Not very well I assume they talk about that plane that disappeared. Don't think I've ever seen the work "kommuniké". Must come from the French or something
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    comunicado, que fue un comunicado conjunto entre los ministros de transporte de Malasia, Australia y China..
    A lot of it is wrong,but this ¿wtf?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    As of yet a translation app can only go so far in communicating meaning. If your interogating someone or trying to understand militarynintelligence do you really want to depend on google translate?
    Which reminds me: during WW2, the US employed Navajo indians for communication because it was guaranteed that no foreigner could understand them.

Spanish is 2nd most populare non-native language in a world after english, by the way.
    LMAO. Good luck finding a Spanish speaker outside of the South America.

Quote Originally Posted by Faenskap View Post
    Native English speakers speak usually only English, but a lot of English words are sneaking into other languages
    Mostly it happens with new things that mostly invented in english speaking part of the world. Most of it can be translated, but translation is just too long mostly.
    I`m against foreign words which have adequate equivalent in my language, but sometimes it`s better to use borrowed words.

Also language lives and evolves, it`s not set in stone, so borrowing from other languages is part of this process.

I say who gives a shit, where I live if you dont speak English you are at a disadvantage, I speak with people from all over the world every day and have no issues communicating. Speaking a different language to me is a waste of time it has taken me my whole life to gain the understanding however small it may be of English, hell if Im going to start wasting my valuable time learning another. I speak the international language of Engineering so Im G2G.