Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Did you miss me saying Breitbart and HuffPo used to be the fake sites? Because it wasn't a very long post.

Breitbart is not equivalent to CNN lol. Despite what your Glorious Leader might suggest.
    Both have an agenda so I say they are both just as trustworthy, which means they aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    CNN - Yeah not going to trust that source.
    Not even going to discuss the rest if no reliable source is being provided.
    For someone who said you weren't going to discuss it, you've spent a lot of time trying to discuss it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Im sure you believe that, all news sites have agenda's. Just because you agree with this one doesn't make it any more credible.
    I read tons of news sources. It makes it easier to sort out the facts of the story from the commentary and opinion. It's also helpful if you know how to search for source material, or follow links provided by the news reports to see the proof. I don't rely on any single news source. Even Fox reports on most of the same happenings as CNN does. They just have a different spin and opinion.

What sets Breitbart and similar apart from most other news organizations is that they never have source material or proof. They slap a claim out there and their loyal cult believes it without a second thought, without wanting to check and see if it's true or not.

When someone just screams "fake news" or similar without even saying why to a story about something that really happened, it's actually a good thing. It means that person is unwilling to listen to anything that challenges their view of the world, and they want to stay in their carefully constructed fantasy world. Nothing you can say to that person will get through their thick armor of delusion.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Both have an agenda so I say they are both just as trustworthy, which means they aren't.
    That was all I was saying, but instead the Brigade jumped on me like a fat kid on cake again.
    Still not sure who my glorious leader is supposed to be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    I read tons of news sources. It makes it easier to sort out the facts of the story from the commentary and opinion. It's also helpful if you know how to search for source material, or follow links provided by the news reports to see the proof. I don't rely on any single news source. Even Fox reports on most of the same happenings as CNN does. They just have a different spin and opinion.

What sets Breitbart and similar apart from most other news organizations is that they never have source material or proof. They slap a claim out there and their loyal cult believes it without a second thought, without wanting to check and see if it's true or not.

When someone just screams "fake news" or similar without even saying why to a story about something that really happened, it's actually a good thing. It means that person is unwilling to listen to anything that challenges their view of the world, and they want to stay in their carefully constructed fantasy world. Nothing you can say to that person will get through their thick armor of delusion.
    What sets it apart is you not agreeing with their agenda, which is fine but don't pretend its any different from the other 100's of news sources out there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    For someone who said you weren't going to discuss it, you've spent a lot of time trying to discuss it.
    I'm not discussing the story, im discussing the shitty view some people have on the media.

That was all I was saying, but instead the Brigade jumped on me like a fat kid on cake again.

- - - Updated - - -

What sets it apart is you not agreeing with their agenda, which is fine but don't pretend its any different from the other 100's of news sources out there.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not discussing the story, im discussing the shitty view some people have on the media.
    You are discussing it, making you a liar. Instead of going after a source, you should address what was actually said. Just a tip.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pretend?

News agencies that provide videos, affidavits, documents, and other forms of proof for their stories are certainly different from Breitbart taking a shit on their keyboard and posting it.

You can argue otherwise I suppose. You'd be wrong, but you could waste time arguing that I suppose.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

They can't handle the truth.

Deleted
    Pretend?

News agencies that provide videos, affidavits, documents, and other forms of proof for their stories are certainly different from Breitbart taking a shit on their keyboard and posting it.

You can argue otherwise I suppose. You'd be wrong, but you could waste time arguing that I suppose.
    I see the Trump hate force is out in full force again today reading your posting history and sig's .
    Keep up the good work lads!

And you're wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    I see the Trump hate force is out in full force again today reading your posting history and sig's .
    Keep up the good work lads!

And you're wrong.
    I mean... if you want to believe anything one particular source posts, even without evidence, and plug your ears for other sources that do have evidence and proof, I guess that's your prerogative.

10+ Year Old Account
    Breitbart is incredibly crap of a journalistic website. CNN is definitely getting up there in making bias mistakes or whatever you want to call it but it isn't a Breitbart. No not even close.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

15+ Year Old Account
    They can't handle the truth.
    Wow I knew you liked to project, but this is just the whole next level.

In a thread about a Trump cabinet appointee using his position for personal gain with tons of evidence of it happening (Want to see his stock holdings? You can. Want to see the bill he passed? You can. Want to see his campaign donations? You can), you people are screaming "fake"!

No wonder Ringling Brothers went out of business. With comedy acts like yours, dancing elephants just can't compete.

CNN - Yeah not going to trust that source.
    Not even going to discuss the rest if no reliable source is being provided.
    lol.

I bet you trust the chain emails, Breitbart and Infowars though.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Deleted
    I mean... if you want to believe anything one particular source posts, even without evidence, and plug your ears for other sources that do have evidence and proof, I guess that's your prerogative.
    Thats what you are doing for the sites you agree with, I don't trust the media at all. I take it all with a grain of salt.
    Never said I thought breitbart was a news site I agree with, I only said CNN isn't much better.

You twisted it around to fit your hateful crusade, but thats your problem. Not mine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    lol.

I bet you trust the chain emails, Breitbart and Infowars though.
    Did I ever say that? No, you did. Because it fits your agenda that everyone needs to be against Trump or any right wing news site.
    By your posting history I see what you want to believe as well. Go get 'em tiger.

Thats what you are doing for the sites you agree with, I don't trust the media at all. I take it all with a grain of salt.
    Never said I thought breitbart was a news site I agree with, I only said CNN isn't much better.

You twisted it around to fit your hateful crusade, but thats your problem. Not mine.
    So, your answer to avoiding biased news, is to remain uninformed? Instead of actually verifying reports and article,s you simply refuse to read them, because they might be biased? Let's hope nothing disturbs your fragile narrative in life.

Sure.

Huffington Post's boss was actually the CEO of a nom's campaign at the same time.....oh wait...

False Conservative Equivalences™

- - - Updated - - -

Did I ever say that? No, you did. Because it fits your agenda that everyone needs to be against Trump or any right wing news site.
    By your posting history I see what you want to believe as well. Go get 'em tiger.
    Oh stop it.

You can pretend like you're some engima all you want but you're not.

The ONLY people that out of hand disregard CNN as an actual news source are Trump supporters.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

i think we eurpeans will watch america burn within 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    New reporting is out showing that Rep. Tom Price, Trump's HHS nominee crafted legislation to personally profit himself and Zimmer Biomet, a company he had purchased stock in just prior to introducing company-backed legislation.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/16/politi...8PMVODtopPhoto

Using insider information gleaned through the legislative process has been illegal since the STOCK Act of 2012.

To make matters worse:

So the order of events here goes:
    1. Purchase stock in Zimmer Biomat
    2. Less than a week later, introduce legislation that increases the stock value of Zimmer Biomat
    3. Three months later Zimmer Biomat's PAC gives money to Price's reelection campaign.

This man must not be confirmed for higher office.
    and Hillary did pro Foriegn US policy As SoS and then got atleast 1.5 million dollars from the Saudi's to the Clinton Foundation.... but we can't talk about that.

15+ Year Old Account

And I said that I look among all of the news agencies, and look at their sources and proof.

If you think I trust one particular news media site or another on its own, then you either have a problem with reading comprehension, or you want to claim that I blindly follow something because it makes it easier for you to write me off as brainwashed. Probably the latter. I imagine you're perfectly capable of reading. You just don't want to acknowledge that my method of gathering information is pretty much the most valid way of doing so.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mohoots View Post
    and Hillary did pro Foriegn US policy As SoS and then got atleast 1.5 million dollars from the Saudi's to the Clinton Foundation.... but we can't talk about that.
    Well Clinton is fading into nothingness, and Trump is our president(-elect) and appointing people to power who are more pay to play than any Clinton player ever was so...

Yes?

How long are you people going to use Clinton as an excuse for justifying Trump doing the very things you lambasted and skewered Clinton for?

Poisoning the well. An agenda does not affect whether or not someone is trustworthy. Past evidence of dishonesty (see: Pizzagate) is a much better metric.

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    i think we eurpeans will watch america burn within 2 years.
    Um. Europe has kind of been on fire for a little while, so I wouldn't throw stones.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserSharkDFB View Post
    Poisoning the well. An agenda does not affect whether or not someone is trustworthy. Past evidence of dishonesty (see: Pizzagate) is a much better metric.

Um. Europe has kind of been on fire for a little while, so I wouldn't throw stones.
    Lying by omission make you untrustworthy, they all do it, some just more than others. CNN use to be decent, now they are almost as bad as MSNBC and the Huffington Joke.