10+ Year Old Account
    Seems that gamestop have been canceling some peoples pre-orders, no confirmation on why yet though.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    its a handheld that plays on the tv.
    That's one way its gimmicky, but that's a good gimmick.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    The gamecube VC should be interesting, but I'm honestly struggling to think of many stellar Gamecube games.
    Metroid Prime comes to mind - that would be an instabuy.
    sunshine
    pikmin 1 and 2
    the prime games
    chibi robo
    melee
    wind waker
    twilight princess
    luigis mansion
    star fox adventures.

tons of great gamecube games

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I never played bully I mite get the Ps2 On Ps4 version at some point. Last rockstar game I can think of was Manhunt 2 on the Wii.
    bully is my favorite rockstar game. havent replayed it in a long time so no idea how well it holds up but its a really great game with a great story.

its kind of like grand theft auto but at an uppity prep school
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

sunshine
    pikmin 1 and 2
    the prime games
    chibi robo
    melee
    wind waker
    twilight princess
    luigis mansion
    star fox adventures.

tons of great gamecube games

- - - Updated - - -

bully is my favorite rockstar game. havent replayed it in a long time so no idea how well it holds up but its a really great game with a great story.

Good shout on Starfox Adventures. Great game that.
    Shame they didn't make any more.

bombermans price isnt final.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

i dont see why some people keep saying the switch is gimicky.

its the successor to the 3ds and the wiiu. the only thing gimicky about it is it has motion controls just like the wii had which so far is only required for 1 game.

its not like you're gonna have to jack off the joy cons to throw a pokeball in the next pokemon game.
    It's a console being marketed as both a console and a handheld that includes motion controls and easy switching between the three "modes." It's the only console of it's kind. And I mean it strictly based on the definition of "gimmick." http://www.dictionary.com/browse/gimmick

It is 100% a gimmicky system, just as practically every other Nintendo system released since the Wii (or maybe before, I'm not a huge console history aficionado). That's not a bad thing, necessarily, so long as that gimmick pays off and people enjoy it. I'm just not willing to be one of the guinea pigs to test it out and spend money on a system with very few games and very little desire to utilize the many features it has. If I bought it, it would be almost entirely because of the game library and how fun those games were, not because of the system features. I'd likely use those features if I had it, but I would not buy it because of those features.
    Last edited by Katchii; 2017-01-17 at 10:30 PM.

Incase u don't know, The Ps2 to Ps4 games are remastered to 1080p with trophy support so it should look decent. I bought the GTA trilogy back when they released it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    Good shout on Starfox Adventures. Great game that.
    Shame they didn't make any more.
    personally id love to see an action adventure game set in the f zero universe.

action adventure games are big right now more than ever. with zero being so critically bashed maybe they'll go back to it. i like the star fox characters but dont care very much for the games.

i guess thats because my first introduction to star fox is through smash bros

bombermans price isnt final.
    Gamestop has the same price.
    http://www.gamestop.com/games/super-...-switch/141929

The game has a release date(Launch), I don't care what they posted 99% chance that price is final.

mario is basically finished. nintendo is just saving it for christmas

"Super Mario Odyssey received a stage show at the Nintendo Switch Experience this past weekend. Aside from the brief bit of footage highlighting Mario’s moves, a few tidbits about the game were also shared.

Development on Super Mario Odyssey is considerably finished, so producer Yoshiaki Koizumi wants people to get their hands on it. But since the release isn’t close, Nintendo didn’t offer Mario as playable demo.

The theme of Super Mario Odyssey is active exploration by players. Naturally, the story is to rescue Princess Peach from Bowser. Mario goes out from Mushroom Kingdom and travels a “certain Earth” with a hat-shaped airship. Players will be able to go on adventures across various countries.

Director Kenta Motokura gathers many ideas from the team to implement in the game and they build each one into a playable form. Then they keep playing those again and again. The team only throws these ideas into the sandbox if they find it to be really fun.

Also mentioned is that Mario has more facial expressions, and the hat is still a secret.

Finally, some stage tidbits:

Desert

– You can enter buildings from doors and explore inside
    – You can go and explore a tower and Tokyo Big site-esque building which you can see far away

Forest

– Very well-suited stage for exploration
    – They are putting effort into showing nice-looking grass and dappled sunlight through trees

Urban area

– Mario can jump to the ground from the top of a skyscraper
    – You can jump and step on humans; you can probably expect what happens when you do that."

http://nintendoeverything.com/super-...rious-tidbits/

- - - Updated - - -

"you can probably expect what happens when you do that"

mario is basically finished. nintendo is just saving it for christmas.
    Seeing how its been worked on as long or almost as long as Zelda BotW, ya its a safe bet its done or really near it.

It should be releasing with The Switch or at lease summer....

Welp, game is "preselling" Switch games at SIXTY FUCKING POUNDS OF THE REALM and that is insane for one game. God only knows what Canadians and Australians will be charged, they made need to take a loan for this one

SMO is basically finished my ass. It was 720p, with no AF at all, no reflective textures on cars, city that looked like a PS2 game and shadows that looked like they where 140p.

That game has a ways to go. It didn't even look finished by Wii U game standards.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-01-17 at 10:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah that needs to be 20. 30 MAYBE if it has more we dont know about. They will probably charge 50 though... Talking abotu Bomberman
    Last edited by Chickat; 2017-01-17 at 10:39 PM.

people who played arms say its alot more fun then the presentation made it look. everyone had a great time playing it.

im telling you guys this is splatoon 2.0

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by immitis View Post
    lol.........

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So...we preordered the Switch just for Zelda and Mario. I really wanted to not do it, but those games just have our hearts. It fucking sucks, because Nintendo have turned into money grubbing bastards...but to not play those new games? That would be a crime against our nature.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    lol.........
    So thats where Callie went.

ARMS won't be trash but it's not going to be a Splatoon situation. Splatoon had depth and was an interesting new take on an existing genre.

ARMS is literally a watered down Pokken/Tekken/Soul Caliber style 3D fighter. It should be fun, but it won't have depth. It's just a watered down fighting game you can play with your family vs one that takes hours upon hours to master combos and execution.

Fun game for family/friends, but not going to last as a competitive game.

It still doesn't feel like a $60 game unless it has SIGNIFICANTLY(and I mean way more) more characters and stages then what was shown.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    So...we preordered the Switch just for Zelda and Mario. I really wanted to not do it, but those games just have our hearts. It fucking sucks, because Nintendo have turned into money grubbing bastards...but to not play those new games? That would be a crime against our nature.
    I am preordering for somewhat of the same reason........whenever Amazon/Gamestop has more.....who knows how long that will be.