Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    My guild jumped straight into heroic, got 6 bosses down in 4 hours.

Skorpyron was a one shot.

Anomaly was a one shot.

Trilliax was 2 pulls.

Spellblade was 3 pulls.

Krosus was 4 or 5 pull.

Tichondrius took the rest of the night, around 8 or 9 pulls if I recall, but we did get him down.

It feels like there's a pretty steady increase in difficulty. If the last 4 get harder at the same rate as the first 6, then I think with Vantus runes we might get Elisande down this week, but we will not get Gul'dan on heroic.

So far, the raid is really fun, loving the shit out of it. Tichondrius is healing intense as fuck though.

For reference, my guild was 7/7m and 2/3m before NH came out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    I'm in a casual guild that have 2/7 M EN and 3/3 HC ToV as of now. Usually raiding for 2-3 hours two nights per week.

I think we will dedicate the first night to normal mode and push as far as possible. The second night we might push some HC if we hear that boss X and Y are pushovers.
    What the fuck am i in then

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    A very casual guild? Or pvp guild? [emoji14]

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Probably a fairly normal raiding guild. People on this forum have an extremely skewed perspective of what is casual and what is hardcore.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    We did a split run full clear of normal, one shot everything except Grand Magistrix (2 shot, we failed on soaks lol) and Gul'Dan (5 shot, most people never saw the fight from ptr, had 1 attempt that we had 2 people dc). We got quite a few good pieces of gear (some luck with tier, my alt MM hunter got bis legendary gloves). It was a enjoyable first night. Tomorrow we'll speed clear it again, and I'd say it's absolutely worthwhile to go in and do normal for tier and trinkets.
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Probably a fairly normal raiding guild. People on this forum have an extremely skewed perspective of what is casual and what is hardcore.
    Sometimes i feel like people on this forum believe anything pre a full mythic clear before the release fo the next raid is a casual guild. Now i know that there are actually people on this forum(Dankdruid being an extreme outlier in this case, but also less extreme people) who actually think like that. Can i just tell you guys that most raiding guilds(and yes, its actually most) do not end up clearing heroic before the release of the next tier of raiding?

I'd describe my guild as semi casual. Our goal is clearing heroic and we do it in every tier. I'm not saying you need to be hardcore to kill Mythic bosses. But surely there is some kind middle ground of just being a guild? :P

How do you distinguish between a guild clearing hc, a guild clearing normal and a guild not clearing normal if they are all just casual guilds? And especially if these make up the majority of the guilds :P

well, by the quoted's definition, I'm guessing their "casual" guild is defined as raiding 6 hours or less a week... whereas the next guy seems to relate casual/hardcore as to skill of the raiders in question.

i find it easier to define casual by time and not by skill, because everyone's definition of "good" is relative.

We overgeared it but decided to do normal for tier.

We one shot all bosses except Grand Magistrix Elisande and High Botanist Tel'arn. Killed those on the second pull.

Gul'dan is fun though

Heroic splits first, then normals if time permits.

For all those saying "Yea we're going normals first, get them tiers going" - isn't that sort of silly? Your raiders are going to coin heroic bosses. If they coin a tier piece they've already got from normal, that's a wasted piece.
    Likewise, a dude with 3 heroic pieces will most likely jump at a lower item level normal tier piece to complete the 4 set, even with bad stats; however, (s)he might not want to pick up a single normal tier token with bad stats, and thus passes it to someone else, and ends the week sitting at 3 pieces because (s)he passed that initial bad one.

It's good to learn the fights through normal, but if you care about gearing up the raid, and doing it smartly, you should go for heroic first then fill the gaps with normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Heroic splits first, then normals if time permits.

For all those saying "Yea we're going normals first, get them tiers going" - isn't that sort of silly? Your raiders are going to coin heroic bosses. If they coin a tier piece they've already got from normal, that's a wasted piece.
    Likewise, a dude with 3 heroic pieces will most likely jump at a lower item level normal tier piece to complete the 4 set, even with bad stats; however, (s)he might not want to pick up a single normal tier token with bad stats, and thus passes it to someone else, and ends the week sitting at 3 pieces because (s)he passed that initial bad one.

It's good to learn the fights through normal, but if you care about gearing up the raid, and doing it smartly, you should go for heroic first then fill the gaps with normal.
    With limited time and no possibility of doing normal on off nights it's a concern you'd spend too much time on heroic and not get to do normal at all except through pugging.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    With limited time and no possibility of doing normal on off nights it's a concern you'd spend too much time on heroic and not get to do normal at all except through pugging.
    But wouldn't that also mean that any time you spend on normal means you don't get to finish off heroic as well? If you're limited to say, 8 hours, and you need 3 to clear normal and 6 to clear heroic, going normal first means you aren't finishing off heroic because you're an hour short. Surely going heroic first for the better gear and trinkets, then doing as much as possible on normal is a far better idea (keep in mind that the really OP stuff drops from the last two bosses; Trinkets from Elisande and guldan are WICKED, so clearing the first 7-8 on heroic and not getting heroic trinkets/coins is a much bigger loss than not getting normal ones).

But wouldn't that also mean that any time you spend on normal means you don't get to finish off heroic as well? If you're limited to say, 8 hours, and you need 3 to clear normal and 6 to clear heroic, going normal first means you aren't finishing off heroic because you're an hour short. Surely going heroic first for the better gear and trinkets, then doing as much as possible on normal is a far better idea (keep in mind that the really OP stuff drops from the last two bosses; Trinkets from Elisande and guldan are WICKED, so clearing the first 7-8 on heroic and not getting heroic trinkets/coins is a much bigger loss than not getting normal ones).
    We're bad, so more likely we just head slam into some heroic boss instead of getting loot from the last two.

Well there's ofcourse the argument that any gear and tactical experience you get in normal will help you clear heroic in 5 instead of 6 hours.

Tiers and trinkets are too good to pass out on, Normal first ofcourse.

We are gonna clear normal first, then go to HC with everyone knowing what to do.

Deleted
    2/3M ToV 7/7M EN

Raiding 3,5 hours 2-3 times a week.

I asume we will go straight into heroic till we hit a wall there.
    After that we will clear the place on normal and then again start progressing trough heroic again.

I dont have a guild but I pug with my brother and we always avoid normal mode as it spoils the raid. I dont see the point in doing in two different difficulties really. Its also more fun to not watch any vids or see what the bosses look like until after the first time atleast. You usually get the jist of boss mechanics and its just so much more refreshing going in unknown than prepared. WoW is as exciting as you make it

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't raid Mythic, so Heroic is the main goal for us. We'll start off in Normal, though I'm expecting to clear that at a fairly good rate. We'll start Heroic only once we cleared the rest.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Normal for sets the first week, yes.

Casual and Hardcore define schedules more than skill. Plenty of people raid for 6 hours a week and get mythic progress in.