Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    Babies should have priority because they will actually be productive at some point Joking of course
    wow ...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I'm a wheelchair user

Babies can be put on your lap and the pram folded, wheelchair users can't
    One million times this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Her head is out of frame. The only movement comes from striking the seat and then the metal bar.
    were talking about the brown hair, white jacket, bottom right of the picture right?

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    If you were a parent, would you wake your sleeping child for this?

I have to add that around here these spaces are designated for both wheelchairs and prams - I'm used to both having the privilege over all others but there being no difference between them.

Edit: Also, not all prams fold neatly, though I made sure back in the day we have one that does.
    Without a doubt if there was no other space, he was left on the bus stop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    No. The right lady of the two ladies in the dark jackets in the front.
    oh i read it as "lady to the right", yeah that one might have some real serious injury. the chair flexed quite a bit on impact though so i wouldn't say straight up dead.

Mixed feelings when it comes to babies and disabled people. Initially I would say the disabled person should have priority, but all the people saying hold the baby and fold the pram ignore the safety implications for the baby. Be it a train, bus, car or some other motorized vehicle holding a child in your lap is not as safe for the child if there is an accident.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnhild View Post

I would never accept to hold my baby on a bus, due to stuff like above.
    Use seat-belt (should exist on all buses in Sweden) and a baby carrier. Having a pram in the scenario pictured in the linked .gif would almost definitely kill the baby.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Use seat-belt (should exist on all buses in Sweden) and a baby carrier. Having a pram in the scenario pictured in the linked .gif would almost definitely kill the baby.
    not if you restrain your baby inside the pram like any responsible parent would! (and restrain the pram to the wall)

Then don't use busses if that's your argument
    Sorry, but if that kind of attitude is what you and every other person in a wheelchair has then I no longer have any sympathy for you because that same BS statement applies to you as well. You don't have to use the bus as you can just stay fucking home, wait for the next bus, or find a different form of transportation.

Let's use this bus as an example. The area on the left side of the bus opposite to the center doors is devoid of seats. Of that area, the part towards the driver (for more orientation context, towards the fire extinguishers here) is the designated space for wheelchairs where I live and in quite a few other European countries. That still leaves the rest of that area as ample space for people with prams, heavy luggage or whatever. So yeah, not really seeing the issue a mother may have here. The only thing different between the front and rear sides there is that (at least in my country) the part specifically for disabled has a seatbelt and good luck attaching that to a pram. If the only concern is "hurr durr, my baby is sleeping so I won't do anything even though the bus rules specifically mention the purpose of that area", the mother should get the fuck off from public transport altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I'm curious if there's an article on this somewhere. I'd like to know what happened to the passengers, as well as why the bus came to such and abrupt stop.
    A front or rear collision most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
    Sorry, but if that kind of attitude is what you and every other person in a wheelchair has then I no longer have any sympathy for you because that same BS statement applies to you as well. You don't have to use the bus as you can just stay fucking home, wait for the next bus, or find a different form of transportation.
    Except the argument adam dismissed is crap due to 1: such situations being rare and 2: prams not being magically immune to falling over (especially if the person holding it falls over first).
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2017-01-18 at 04:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I believe that children should be barred entirely from public transport but that's just me

If you're a parent using a bus to take your kids someplace you pretty much failed at life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    If you're a parent using a bus to take your kids someplace you pretty much failed at life.
    Can you explain why?

I'm a wheelchair user

Babies can be put on your lap and the pram folded, wheelchair users can't
    Not all baby carriages can be folded..
    Actually, I've seen wheelchairs that can be folded, used by people who still drive a car..

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Does having a baby let you park in a handicapped spot with a car?

Why should a bus be any different?
    WTF kind of stupid comparison is that.

There is no "handicap" spot in danish busses.. There is an area meant for wheelchairs, baby carriages, (bikes, outside rush hour), and large baggage. If those spots are already filled by any of those objects, then you will just have to wait for the next bus.

@OP.. I agree, a wheelchair user should not be able to force poeople with baby carriages of the bus..
    Yes, is sucks that you are in a wheelchair, but I really don't see how that should make you get higher priority than someone who has to bring their baby carriage.
    Last edited by Quibble; 2017-01-18 at 04:31 PM.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Quote Originally Posted by Anni View Post
    Can you explain why?
    I would imagine its obvious.

If you're over 30 and taking busses places you've pretty much failed at life... It's not an unheard of attitude.
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post

Except the argument adam dismissed is crap due to 1: such situations being rare and 2: prams not being magically immune to falling over (especially if the person holding it falls over first).
    Being rare is irrelevant because it can still happen, and accidents really are not that rare. Nothing is 100% safe in that situation, but the pram in particular one that allows you to secure the baby inside is going to be significantly more safe than trying to hold the baby in your lap during an accident.

Deleted
    I would imagine its obvious.

If you're over 30 and taking busses places you've pretty much failed at life... It's not an unheard of attitude.
    Or you only have one car and the other parent is working. I guess these people fail at life for not having 2 cars.

Or you only have one car and the other parent is working. I guess these people fail at life for not having 2 cars.
    I guess if you live in the middle of freaking nowhere.

That said, if you're raising kids and can't afford a 2nd car.....

Deleted
    I guess if you live in the middle of freaking nowhere.

That said, if you're raising kids and can't afford a 2nd car.....
    Gas + tax + insurance + maintenance for 2 cars is a hell lot more expensive than taking the bus.

Gas + tax + insurance + maintenance for 2 cars is a hell lot more expensive than taking the bus.
    So is raising a kid which is the cost I was comparing it to.