Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaden View Post
    He isn't grasping that point I guess.
    You said it isn't a console, I am telling you factually you are wrong. Its a hybrid of the two and guess what...part of that hybrid is that its a console.

You try to define consoles because of there streaming apps and it doesn't work that way.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Its whatever we use it as and thats my point. I will be using it as a handheld. Sure at times I will dock it, but a majority of the time, I will use it as a handheld... so its a handheld to me. He isn't grasping that point I guess.
    I can use my Vita as a paperweight, or even toilet paper if I try hard enough.

Just because you're primarily using it for a handheld, doesn't make it a handheld.
    Just because he's primarily using it for home, doesn't make it a home console.

It has the features for both, ergo, it's both.

Quote Originally Posted by Truhan View Post
    For at least 80 more pages, yes.
    Please don't jinx it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You said it isn't a console, I am telling you factually you are wrong. Its a hybrid of the two and guess what...part of that hybrid is that its a console.

You try to define consoles because of there streaming apps and it doesn't work that way.
    And part of that hybrid is that its a handheld. I am buying it as a handheld. Thats what it is to me. You can buy it as a console and thats what it is to you.

Man you are dense.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    That's all I'm saying..

- - - Updated - - -

And part of that hybrid is that its a handheld. I am buying it as a handheld. Thats what it is to me. You can buy it as a console and thats what it is to you.

Man you are dense.
    So now your backtracking and yet calling me dense. My work here is done, thanks for admitting you was wrong finally.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I can use my Vita as a paperweight, or even toilet paper if I try hard enough.

Just because you're primarily using it for a handheld, doesn't make it a handheld.
    Just because he's primarily using it for home, doesn't make it a home console.

Please don't jinx it.
    Thats my point. Its whatever you want it to be. I never once said it cant be used a console. Its OBVIOUSLY both. To me though, me personally. As in I tonkaden, will use it for a handheld.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    On the topic of the dock having a HDD in it or not—why not? External HDD enclosures are literally a SATA pass-through and in some cases, power converter. They could have easily included an eSATA port on the tablet to use with the dock. Or at the very least, an extra micro or even normal SD slot on the dock for extra storage while not on the go. Which would be another plus, since regular SD cards have twice the capacity available to them.

Games on my Vita are ~4GB in size, and that is for a 540p system. Designing for a 720p system, that probably increases to 6-8gb. The default card on this will likely only fit 4-6 games unless you're talking VC titles.
    Speaking on this, would current AAA games be smaller on switch? If they got something like Watch dogs 2 which is around 27gb on other consoles, would it be under 20gb on Switch?

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    On the topic of the dock having a HDD in it or not—why not? External HDD enclosures are literally a SATA pass-through and in some cases, power converter. They could have easily included an eSATA port on the tablet to use with the dock. Or at the very least, an extra micro or even normal SD slot on the dock for extra storage while not on the go. Which would be another plus, since regular SD cards have twice the capacity available to them.

Games on my Vita are ~4GB in size, and that is for a 540p system. Designing for a 720p system, that probably increases to 6-8gb. The default card on this will likely only fit 4-6 games unless you're talking VC titles.
    The dock is not part of the system.

If you know how HDDs work you should be able to put 2 and 2 together to make 4. This isn't rocket science.

This is not a damn Wii U with the actual set top box part streaming shit to the tablet. The tablet is the console. The dock is literally a charger and HDMI out. It's not connected to the system's motherboard, it can't stream data to the system.

You know why because if you say anything negative about Nintendo, him and a few others will defend it.
    i must of lapsed my memory when i blasted nintendo about their shitty online plan.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Speaking on this, would current AAA games be smaller on switch? If they got something like Watch dogs 2 which is around 27gb on other consoles, would it be under 20gb on Switch?
    After the downgrades needed to make it run on the switch WD2 would probably be sub 10 GB like the Wii U/PS3/360 versions of WD1 are...

That's all I'm saying..

- - - Updated - - -

So now your backtracking and yet calling me dense. My work here is done, thanks for admitting you was wrong finally.
    You are remedial. Nothing you have said holds any weight whatsoever in terms of it being a console. Its a handheld... that you can dock.

A WII U is a console that you can use the wii U controller as a handheld. That would be a console that you can use a handheld. Thats NOT what the switch is. Its the other way around. There is no permanently plugged in console that you put discs / cartridges in. You have an added in dock. That makes it a handheld. Period.

Id bet any amount of money that down the road, they might even sell a "lite" bundle that comes as the handheld only with no dock.

They would have to downgrade and compress the living hell out of Watch-Dogs 2 to make it work.

Multiplatform titles like BF1/Watch_Dogs 2 are not coming to the switch. It can't do it from both a hardware standpoint and the lack of HD space.

Also last time they did it (Watch_Dogs Wii-U) it ran like shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post

If you know how HDDs work you should be able to put 2 and 2 together to make 4. This isn't rocket science.

This is not a damn Wii U with the actual set top box part streaming shit to the tablet. The tablet is the console. The dock is literally a charger and HDMI out. It's not connected to the system's motherboard, it can't stream data to the system.
    This 10000000000000%. The dock is just another way to jack up the price. You could set the switch on the entertainment system and plug in the HDMI. Just like you can with any current handheld (minus the hdmi part. there are other ways to hook it up to the tv for those).

10+ Year Old Account
    Lets make an assumption. Let us say that the Switch is twice as powerful as a WiiU, and half as powerful as an Xbox one. Somewhere in the 600 gigaflop range. The fact that Watch dogs ran on the WiiU means that perhaps watch dogs 2 could run on the switch at very anemic settings. I know Jtbrig says that modern games like BF1 couldn't run on it, and perhaps they are right, but at least a good portion of third party games could run on it if devs actually wanted to make them run on it. I guarantee you Dice would at least try and see if they could do BF1 on Swtich if it had a 40m install base right now.

And also about the Borderlands 3 not being on switch thing. Are we taking that as its not powerful enough, or as Nintendo are dumb and wont work with gearbox?

- - - Updated - - -

They would have to downgrade and compress the living hell out of Watch-Dogs 2 to make it work.

Multiplatform titles like BF1/Watch_Dogs 2 are not coming to the switch. It can't do it from both a hardware standpoint and the lack of HD space.

Im saying they would try. Not saying it can do it, but they would at least try to do it. Heck, id be fine with 540p upscaled to 720p for Switch AAA games. I plan on using it as a handheld so id be down with that.

like i said earlier. i cant imagine many games being bigger than zelda which is only like 13 gb. if the demo truly was as small a part of the world as they claimed zelda is going to be 100+ hours worth of content easily.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

WHAT?!?!?

You could easily run out and buy a bigger SD card. In fact, you will have to if you want more than 3-4 games. You can play black ops 2 and other shooters on the Wii U and the switch is stronger. Im sure they could make it work. Hardware nor hard drive space would be an issue though.

And also about the Borderlands 3 not being on switch thing. Are we taking that as its not powerful enough, or as Nintendo are dumb and wont work with gearbox?
    Neither.

We're talking about the same studio that released a Borderlands game on 360/PS3 in fall 2013 but not PS4/One. Borderlands is not a game you put on unproven hardware as it would more then likely sell like shit and online community be dead.

Im saying they would try. Not saying it can do it, but they would at least try to do it. Heck, id be fine with 540p upscaled to 720p for Switch AAA games. I plan on using it as a handheld so id be down with that.
    Who knows, could be some backroom shit between Gear Box and Nintendo. Also I don't trust Gear Box to make borderlands on a underpowered system after the shit show of BL2 on the vita.

I'm sure they could scale down WD2 for The Switch. The question is would you really want it? You can see pop in on BotW, think of the pop in that would be on a GTA style game for The Switch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still, you have to wonder how powerful they could have made it if they didn't reinvent tech for the Joycons, had them built into the controller etc. Probably a console taking swings at the Xbox one for still a 299 price. Battery would have been abysmal though. I do think that the Switch could be the future though. I hope that all next gen consoles after this generation do something similar. Im done with being tied to my tv.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Neither.

We're talking about the same studio that released a Borderlands game on 360/PS3 in fall 2013 but not PS4/One. Borderlands is not a game you put on unproven hardware as it would more then likely sell like shit and online community be dead.
    Being on current gen didn't stop Battleborn.

;p

If it can be used as a console then its a console......

You also said You didn't say they had to be current consoles. Not everyone had the ability to download the Blu-Ray update ether, More so due to it being the holiday's and being busy. So like I said the ps4 at release could not play blu-ray's.

Once again and ill type this in caps...... STREAMING APPS DON'T DEFINE IF SOMETHING IS A CONSOLE. This is a console with the ability to go mobile, the majority will use it as such due to the shit battery life.

Its a console.

By ur logic the vita is a console because it has netflix...
    You are a simpleton man. Id go back 15 years too if it made my argument look stronger. Good for you, good for you.

If it can be used as a handheld then its a handheld....