Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizix View Post
    The best thing would be for all the superpowers to be able to agree on some general ideas and points on how to influence and actually rule the world... Of course, it can never really happen because they all are power-hungry and want it all for themselves (I think the UN is enough of a demonstration of that). From a western civilization perspective, and living in Europe, the U.S. remains the best option out of the current candidates. However, that does not mean you guys are free from all critique and we should all bow at your passage. You have been doing a really terrible job at "running" the world in the past 20 years, please realize that.
    No argument from me on any of your points.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizix View Post
    And the question is not if the other options (Russia, i.e.) would have done better or worse, the question is when Americans will wake the fuck up and start demanding better from their government instead of pretending you still are the savior of the world. That ship sailed a long time ago and people don't really feel a debt of gratitude towards the U.S. anymore.
    Yes, that is (the bolded text) exactly the topic to which I was responding about. Follow the thread backwards for clarification.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    And both of them are still better than the US considering all the things that have happened in my lifetime.
    Like I said, given how much of a rush people are in to get into Russia or buddy up to Russia, its clear they are the better country. No doubt about it!

Deleted
    I disagree, you shirked any interest of having actual discussion when you just throw out "two countries come to mind", whose mind? Yours? I can't read your mind, if you want me to remain topical, you need to properly set up parameters of the discussion on your end. I am only guessing when you say 2 countries are china and russia but idk, you might mean Germany, Iran, Israel, India. Not even all those countries combined match the global damage the US have done.
    Last edited by mmocbf3af6dcb2; 2017-01-19 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Nothing like watching someone verbally beat down a bunch of partisan retards. Well done.

infracted - minor flaming
    Except he didn't. Wells already corrected him.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Safol View Post
    I disagree, you shirked any interest of having actual discussion when you just throw out "two countries come to mind", whose mind? Yours? I can't read your mind, if you want me to remain topical, you need to properly set up parameters of the discussion on your end. I am only guessing when you say 2 countries are china and russia but idk, you might mean Germany, Iran, Israel, India. Not even all those countries combined match the global damage the US have done.
    Calling you out on the ridiculousness of your argument is not shirking the conversation. I took direct interest in your comment and wanted to see you back it up. What you came up with was "hypothetically I want....". Who wanted the genuine conversation here?

Quote Originally Posted by belleflop View Post
    There's a general theme here:

Secretary of State: Tillerson: CEO of big Oil and love them russia contracts!
    EPA: Scott Pruit: Love him some oil and fracking - Screw you Oklahoma quit whining about your earthquakes.
    S of Energy: Rick Perry: Advocate of big oil.. whats that.. that's not in the job description?

We go from world renowned scientists Ernest J. Monizin and Steven Chu to OOPS Rick Perry. Holy SHIT!
    It is just more globalist bullshit that Trump railed against during his election. Same with all of his followers. They hated the "globalist agenda" but they cannot defend that Trump is pretty much picking no one that is against globalism with such douches like Rex Tillerson. Whom will personally be making money by having Trump remove sanctions on Russia. It is a good thing that Trump cannot do that alone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Calling you out on the ridiculousness of your argument is not shirking the conversation. I took direct interest in your comment and wanted to see you back it up. What you came up with was "hypothetically I want....". Who wanted the genuine conversation here?
    Honesly, you must have missed some of my posts or something unless you are being intentionally obtuse.

I have repeatedly said I put more stock into literally any other potential superpower than the US. Your leaders are legitemately genocidal, no one else has shown interest in destabilizing world peace as much as your preaidents and co.
    Last edited by mmocbf3af6dcb2; 2017-01-19 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by VooDsXo View Post
    The nuclear weapons held in our country and abroad are also under direct command of the president, and it'd be ignorant to think anyone in his cabinet would be focused on task of an underling. This 4 years will be no better or worse than the 8 under George Bush, the middleclass will be forced into voting for anyone but republicans and we will have a teetering effect back and forth.
    The middle class was pretty much destroyed under Bush, both of them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, you must have missed some of my posts or something unless you are being intentionally obtuse.

I have repeatedly said I put more stock into literally any other potential superpower than the US. Your leaders are legitemately genocidal, no one else has shown interest in destabilizing world peace as much as your preaidents and co.
    Making those kinds of statement without backing them up with any kind of facts is pretty dammed disingenuous: legitimately genocidal.

Again, I ask:
    Who wanted the genuine conversation here?

Deleted
    Have I just been dreaming, does the conflicts in libya, syria, iraq, iran, afghanistan, israel not count towards US track record of international warmongering or something?

7+ Year Old Account
    Have I just been dreaming, does the conflicts in libya, syria, iraq, iran, afghanistan, israel not count towards US track record of international warmongering or something?
    That's right, deflect from the statements you can't support and make random general statements instead.

Man, it's like watching conservatives in 2008 and 2012 looking for any dumb reason to hate Obama. You guys have no idea how stupid you look right now.

*continues to eat popcorn*

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    The Trump Administration is like a Key Party -- Everyone gets randomly paired with something they know nothing about and in the end everyone gets screwed.
    Love this post. Totally nails it.

Deleted
    That's right, deflect from the statements you can't support and make random general statements instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    It's clearly the same...........oh wait, no its not.
    Whatever you need to tell yourself, Mr. Republica-- oh crap wait, which one are you again? Oh right. Whatever you need to tell yourself, Mr. Democrat.

Sorry.

7+ Year Old Account
    ..and what does that pretty graphic have to do with which country you'd rather have having the greatest global influence? Come on, try making a point again.

Deleted
    Christ we have been over this. I don't want anyone to singlehandedly have world domination on the scale of USA. And i have told you that id there were to be a replacement literally anyone would do a better job than the US because they would have to kill people for 70 years straight to match you guys.
    Last edited by mmocbf3af6dcb2; 2017-01-19 at 11:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to why Russia's upper administrative levels are pretty much an incoherent mess.

7+ Year Old Account
    Christ we have been over this. I don't want anyone to singlehandedly have world domination on the scale of USA. And i have told you that id there were to be a replacement literakly anyone would do a better job than the US because they would have to kill people for 70 years straight to match you guys.
    I think you're intentionally blocking out a lot of the cold war era history for both the USSR and China. Short term memory can be a real bitch.

Deleted
    The ussr doesnt exist anymore and remind me of how many china have invaded in the past 70 years.

7+ Year Old Account
    The ussr doesnt exist anymore and remind me of how many china have invaded in the past 70 years.
    Correct, the USSR doesn't exist but its core survives as modern day Russia. With regards to China, if you don't care about human and civil rights, yeah, they're a great option.