Poll: Do you sell tokens for gold?

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Wish the US prices would get that high. Wouldn't mind having a bit more gold in my stash.

Deleted
    I always complained about high token prices. I was playing on a small realm though. Now I am on a big realm and farming 120k with herbalism and alchemy is easily achievable during a telephone conversation with my mom. And it's a perfect setup! I love doing busywork that takes, like, 5% to 10% of my mental capacities while on the phone. It allows me to keep a full conversation going while keeping my hands busy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    That's not true so why should I do such a thing?
    cause you obviously hate wow and everything about it.

I would probably buy and sell tokens if i had any need for gold. But i'm not sure where to spend it. Have not come across anything expensive i need to buy.

I would buy Order Ressources if i could.

I guess they had to come up with Order Ressources, because people have to much gold..
    Last edited by Nozuka; 2017-01-19 at 11:29 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    So for those like myself who buy and sell tokens for gold this is great and hopefully it grows BUT I am curious how many sell tokens?
    If I tank out on gold after gearing out an alt for leveling + a few crafted items at 110 I normally purchase a token to sell for gold. It's pretty nice not having to worry about constantly farming out gold as I work a fulltime job and I just don't get the hours in the week to do everything I want to. If I want to farm Mythic+, complete the raids on HC with a PUG all while doing my daily quests + other stuff it's kind of hard to get it all in when I only have like an hour a weeknight to play So ya, I'm happy to say I pay for them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dismembered View Post
    What happens if people buy tokens for money and nobody wants to buy them from the AH because it is getting too expensive (EU)?
    I think you've misunderstoof how it works.
    The tokens that people buy for money ARE the tokens other people buy for gold form the AH. There are no tokens in your AH if people don't buy them with real money. They are the ones listing them on AH.

The reason they're expensive on AH is because there's not enough people buying tokens with real money.

Deleted
    Nope. I am a bit less bellow the gold cap in game and I pay my sub in Euro. The monthly sub is a really meager expense to me that it isn't worth it to throw away any gold to avoid.

I tried selling tokens twice in the past when the EU token was around 80k. It was a cool experience, but I really am not interested that much in gold anyway, despite having a lot of it. I barely do any AH activities beyond the normal, and I barely raid anything beyond casual and what I spend for repairs/consumables/etc.. these days is easily retained by playing the game normally. The bulk of my gold was made throughout the 9 years I spent playing the game more or less, and I mainly sold bags, enchants and gems for making it, and not even much beyond the early days of each expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    I bought 11 at 90k/each. I regret not stocking up at the start of the expansion when they were down around 60k.
    There was a cap on the amount you could buy anyways. They just recently reset ( or removed, I haven't checked) the cap, so many people are stacking them again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tend to buy 2 a month to sell for gold irrespective of price: I am a collector and like to be able to spot purchase rare mounts and pets if I see them on the AH / BMAH. At the moment as well I am buying full crafted sets of 815 gear for my alts as I get them to 110 and then Obliterum to upgrade them as well: I levelled alts without tailoring / LW / BS first to concentrate on the other profs to support my main so can't craft gear yet. Being able to do this and not worry about the cost is nice.
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    cause you obviously hate wow and everything about it.
    You've never seen me spreading hate about anything, especially World of Warcraft

Good thing I gathered over 10 million from my Garrison. I have been very stingy with my gold so far. Have 8 months left before my game time runs out from the tokens I did actually buy.

US player here. Tokens are breaking the 60k marker.

I easily make 100k a day off the AH... so until it reaches 1m I'll carry on buying them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbleduck View Post
    There was a cap on the amount you could buy anyways. They just recently reset ( or removed, I haven't checked) the cap, so many people are stacking them again.
    Cap's 36.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    I easily make 100k a day off the AH... so until it reaches 1m I'll carry on buying them.
    100,000 a day huh.... Selling what? The only thing I can think of are mounts, and that is you spending your own money....

It's not a problem of making gold, but the price is raising constantly after a while where it was mroe or less stable. It's a sudden increase that is nearing double the price.

Started Legion in Spetember/October, bought many of them at around 70k. Now they're 120k with peaks at 138k so either peopel is simply not buying them anymore for real money or the gold is suddendly being shoveled to everyone?

Demand won't stop anytime

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by johnnymcdanger View Post
    100,000 a day huh.... Selling what? The only thing I can think of are mounts, and that is you spending your own money....
    Well, when i farmed mats out for 1 hour a day i could make around 25-30k or more without effort depending on prices and all that kind of stuff. If you play AH 100k isn't a great deal.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I bought a token and got 100k gold for it. Havent even used any of that gold since sargeras gives u mats....

Sounds a lot but consider that ONE order hall mission gives over 2k gold and they aren't even that rare... If you have a couple of alts you make more than enough for wow tokens each month just from those missions which take literally zero effort (doesn't even require you to login to the game).

It feels like on average I must get about 1 of those missions done on each character per day... Some days I wont get any of those missions but occasionally I get 2. I have 3 max level characters with levelled champions. So that's 6k per day x 30 days... 180k. I might be a bit off with how common those missions are but i'm sure I make over a 100k per month from them and as I level more characters it's only going to get even more lucrative. Order halls give more gold from missions than pre nerf garrisons..

Maybe this is part of the reason supply against demand for wow tokens is lower these days. Less people need to sell wow tokens to get in game gold because they are making enough from order halls etc.
    Last edited by Paulosio; 2017-01-19 at 02:45 PM.

for healers its easy to farm gold, you can farm the raid finder or the random heroics for shattered satchels, 800g in each one + 1-4 defiled augment runes which sell for anywhere between 500-1000g

but that is the way, milk the mythic raiders by listing 100 runes for 650-700g each and you get your wow token in no time.

if i were to dry hump the game all day every day for a month i think i could easily make enough gold to buy 3+ tokens.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2017-01-19 at 03:16 PM.

What happens if people buy tokens for money and nobody wants to buy them from the AH because it is getting too expensive (EU)?
    The price goes down.
    That is how the system is supposed to work.
    The problem is it hasn't hit a cap yet where it is pricing the demand.
    A minority who make a lot of gold are now speculating on the battle.net balance by buying more tokens than they did before.
    Therefore while I think there is a decreasing number of players buying, the quantity being bought isn't yet going down.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Needs to be 250k at least to be worth it.

Price goes down.