Dual Spec artifact help

Just a quick thanks in advance to anyone who provides feedback.

I'm gonna outline my logic and if anyone can provide feedback to put me on the right path that would be awesome. I'm in the process of leveling my Druid to 110 (currently 104) with the ultimate goal of playing Resto for endgame content. However, even though several different resources have said you can level and do WQ's as Resto with Affinity talent, I really dont like it. So my idea was to dual spec balance (primarily because i like ranged DPS and have some exp playing it in the past) for the grind to 110 and also to be able to do my WQ's endgame. Then i could switch on over to Resto when i ran dungeons/raids etc. So basically Resto to do the fun stuff (mythic's and raiding) and Balance to do the "chores" (WQ's, farming etc)

Question 1: Does anyone see a flaw in my logic?

Question 2: Since I did get the Balance artifact weapon, what is the best way to go about distributing AP between both artifacts?

A little info for question 2, I have the upgrade to AK level 20 waiting for when i hit 110. Also, i only need the Balance weapon to be strong enough to make the "chores" easier to do, primarily WQ's. I'm not really hell bent on unlocking all the traits for the Balance weapon.

So which one should i level up first? Should i split it evenly? Is there an optimal path that exists out there for what im trying to do?

Thanks again for the help!!

There is no flaw

It doesn't sound as though you are trying to min/max or be hardcore, so I would suggest splitting it so that you have a bit of a bonus to each and then as you get nearer to 110, start putting more and more into resto as you'll be using it more often.

If you want to be a bit more optimum, I believe the big 'jumps' are at 7 and 13, so try to reach that before putting points in the other spec. Or go for a gold trait, then switch over. It all depends on how much it matters to you really.

Do make sure to set your loot spec to 'resto' and not 'current spec', else you may end up getting moonkin legendaries instead of resto ones. Should that bother you =)

Quote Originally Posted by Tauton View Post
    There is no flaw

It doesn't sound as though you are trying to min/max or be hardcore, so I would suggest splitting it so that you have a bit of a bonus to each and then as you get nearer to 110, start putting more and more into resto as you'll be using it more often.

If you want to be a bit more optimum, I believe the big 'jumps' are at 7 and 13, so try to reach that before putting points in the other spec. Or go for a gold trait, then switch over. It all depends on how much it matters to you really.

Do make sure to set your loot spec to 'resto' and not 'current spec', else you may end up getting moonkin legendaries instead of resto ones. Should that bother you =)
    That's great info, thanks so much. Good point about making sure my loot spec is set correctly. That point also leads me to another question: I assume that since Resto is my raiding/dungeon spec, I want ALL Resto gear not just legendaries, correct? Again, since balance is just for WQ's, the Resto gear will suit it just fine i assume.

Thanks again for the feedback!

Having mained a druid for the past 8 years I can tell you that you should roll guardian and resto. In Legion it is stupid how much faster guardian is for doing literally every WQ over balance. Also it has the benefit of being able to solo the elite WQs.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Having mained a druid for the past 8 years I can tell you that you should roll guardian and resto. In Legion it is stupid how much faster guardian is for doing literally every WQ over balance. Also it has the benefit of being able to solo the elite WQs.
    Is Guardian easier to play than Moonkin?

Quote Originally Posted by FDR1932 View Post
    I'd say so, yes. You basically hit thrash when it's not on CD then hit mangle when you have thrash up. Hit moonfire when it procs and hit swipe when everything else is on CD. Then use iron fur for armor increase or the magic reduction one (can't think of name) if the enemy is doing magic damage. Then frenzied regen if you need to heal which in WQs is rare.

My guardian is 889 ilevel but for WQs I basically grab every mob I can and use the artifact CD, pop barkskin (thorns damage) and spam thrash, swipe, mangle and moonfire until everything is dead which takes about 10 seconds. Your mileage will vary as you will be much lower ilevel. On the other hand my balance druid is a similar ilevel (and what I raid as and have 3 legendaries with) and takes longer to kill less targets.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Quote Originally Posted by FDR1932 View Post
    For open world content, you can get by just spamming a priority of thrash, mangle, swipe and then frenzied regen if health goes low. Do Resto affinity and your health won't drop much and if it does you can heal back up. I haven't personally done much moonkin.