2220311 Fury gen help

Having some fury starve problems with this build.

So for 2220311 I'm feeling pretty RNG on fury gen to the point of pretty significant variance in my opening burst/sustained dps. Simmed my stat weights and optimized gear via these weights are 37-5-34-7. I'm hearing people are hitting ~10% haste caps, but my sims aren't recognizing the need for that. Is simc overvaluing my proc rate on BTI to make up for the lack of haste? Still performing well on fights, just not exactly pleased with the inconsistency I'm feeling. I have ring. Any tips? I don't really have a log I felt particularly fury starved on, it happens randomly on some pulls, but feels way more often than it should be.

just bad rng imo if you want more consistency grab some more haste sounds like your bti isn't always proccing on the pull or your out of melee while it's up
    Kaltra - Vengeance DH Illidan

RNG is RNG.

While Blizzard keeps thinking having a 60% of 79% chance of generating fury is somehow fun and good design, we will keep facing the same issues.

First, I have the ring, so can't compare 1:1 but I think the fury gen is even better than before 7.1.5. Felblade, DB-Procs and CS-Crits all have their range but I think with 3 abilities which can give fury it is way better than it was before. I like the reactive playstyle and in Long term i think this keeps a spec more enjoyable. Imagine you had an allways same 1-1-2-1-1-3 stale Rotation.
    Do you use nightly-build for simc? Last time i checked there was no 7.1.5 official Version of simc out yet. My Stats wen from something like 50% crit, 10% haste, 24% Mastery to about 34% crit, 15% haste, 30% mastery. But I think with stats rebalancing statsweights vary more due to itemlvls being more important now than before.

Quote Originally Posted by Seyon View Post
    First, I have the ring, so can't compare 1:1 but I think the fury gen is even better than before 7.1.5. Felblade, DB-Procs and CS-Crits all have their range but I think with 3 abilities which can give fury it is way better than it was before. I like the reactive playstyle and in Long term i think this keeps a spec more enjoyable. Imagine you had an allways same 1-1-2-1-1-3 stale Rotation.
    i completly disagree with u. i have the ring too. before 7.1.5 there were times i capped fury and i used every global for chaos strike.
    Now in 7.1.5 there are times i can throw glaive and fel rush for their insane dmg because i have no fury.

the fury regen is not better. it is way worse now. lost 10% on demon blades, lost Fel Mastery, lost 5% crit overal for chaos strike. it is way, way worse.

Never understood ppl saying 7.1.5 was better for fury gen...even with the 2 set it's not. I guess their RNG is strong.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why are people so obtuse. The Fury generation is worse but the downtime is reduced compared to the 7.1 Bloodlet spec since we have Felblade and First Blood as new abilities to use that generate and preserve fury on top of the rest of our arsenal. In the end, at least on my book, it is the downtime that matters with Demon Blades, not the raw value of fury generated.

Though I guess you all have Anger of the Half-Giants which leads you to confusing nerfs to your previously completely overpower legendary with nerfs to our actual downtime.

However, I will agree Blizzard's major flaw with the Demon Blades nerf was that they decreased Demon Blades performance by reducing the proc chance rather the actual fury generation per proc. This by extension makes us more susceptible to bad RNG which can be horrible at times.

TL;DR: Downtime without Anger went down (I don't have it), that makes me extremely happy without having to compromise my hand to RSI with Demon's Bite.
    Last edited by Littlepwny; 2017-01-20 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KingBat View Post
    Never understood ppl saying 7.1.5 was better for fury gen...even with the 2 set it's not. I guess their RNG is strong.
    this. I am hardly ever fury starved(maybe once or twice for 1-3secs on any given fight) and i have Head and Belt legendaries, which place no bearing on fury gen, and pumping out 500k+dps

874, 35%crit, 12%haste, 17%mast, 9%vers, Felbalde, Demon Blades,

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KingBat View Post
    whats your rotation on ST? pooling fury and beginning CS rotation with at least 90+fury? Increase max fury relics are so underrated tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    the fury regen is not better. it is way worse now. lost 10% on demon blades, lost Fel Mastery, lost 5% crit overal for chaos strike. it is way, way worse.
    gained a set bonus, another set bonus, felblade usable now without gimping dps.

we can both cherry pick shit.

fury is the limiter of our dps, if we had full bars all the time we would be doing rogue APM and hitting for less.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanislav View Post
    gained a set bonus, another set bonus, felblade usable now without gimping dps.

we can both cherry pick shit.

fury is the limiter of our dps, if we had full bars all the time we would be doing rogue APM and hitting for less.
    but we are talking about the class without set bonus here. also even with set bonus we lost fury generation, the 10% are not compensating what we had before.
    This has nothing to do with actual damage done btw, it is only about fury generation and that is worse than before. This is no cherry picking.

The 2 piece/4 piece seem to help quite a bit in regards to fury regen. I think a lot of DH went a bit overboard in dropping crit before they had/have the 4 piece.

Deleted
    There is no doubt that the fury regen is much worse compared to 7.1, even if you have the ring. First off, we lost 10% proc chance on demon blades. Secondly there is a flat 5% crit nerf on top of a scaling nerf, so the average DH lost about 6-8% crit in this patch which is a huge nerf to our fury regen. Thirdly, the nerf to demon speed (no more fel rush resets) also hurted our fury regen a lot.

In this patch, in order have a better flow in fury regeneration we need to have 4 set piece bonus, about 45% crit rate and the legendary ring. Only after that we will stop having those huge 5-6 second downtimes, at least much less frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    but we are talking about the class without set bonus here. also even with set bonus we lost fury generation, the 10% are not compensating what we had before.
    This has nothing to do with actual damage done btw, it is only about fury generation and that is worse than before. This is no cherry picking.
    they nerfed the ring and our fury generation because of a direct relation with the 2+4set, just like radden made demonic eat a nerf on refresh.

same way shoulders and COF are going to get it too.

it scales too good, they dont want people sitting on a felblade ring spec capped on fury all the time spamming chaos strike, how hard is it to see that?

preemptive nerf, sucks but thats how bliz always worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanislav View Post
    thow hard is it to see that?

preemptive nerf, sucks but thats how bliz always worked.
    It is not hard too see it, it is very understandable. The problem is that a class should not be designed in this way in my opinion. Buff the damage, give additional ablities - fine. But completely destroying the ressource generator in a way that he needs 2 combined items to function is just bad design.

10+ Year Old Account
    RNG be RNG, OP. If you want to lose the RNG, lose Demon Blades. It sucks when it happens, but eh, what can you do?