quick video showing new efffects

youtube.com/
    watch?v=bzlaThLwTQY

sorry for the link in this way, forum rules.

NH class balancing just came out, looks like blizzard was smart and didnt nerf SD because of all the padders in heroic.

Lunar Strike looks nice.

Not much difference with others.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MV Kaa View Post
    NH class balancing just came out, looks like blizzard was smart and didnt nerf SD because of all the padders in heroic.
    They can do that after/during the first Mythic reset.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Lunar Strike looks nice.

Not much difference with others.

- - - Updated - - -

They can do that after/during the first Mythic reset.
    I doubt they would make changes in the middle of a raid week, in the middle of the world race

Quote Originally Posted by MV Kaa View Post
    I dont like the SS animation. Just looks like a blue SW
    Closer to a slow-mo LS, really. That is moving in an odd direction.

LS isn't to different, but the upwards shot is a nice touch, and we now have a better idea what we are hitting with it.
    FoE finally fits the name instead of being Wrath of An'she.

I think i prefer the old Starfall, though, easier to judge it's area.

Still haven't fixed the smurfkin bug, though.
    Last edited by huth; 2017-01-21 at 02:38 AM.

Deleted
    I've acquired Lady and the Child (LnC or L&C) legendary today. It just made AoE so much fun and reliable - I have not checked any of the HC or Mythich NH in depth yet but I can certainly say that we I can now do a respectable AoE dmg as long as I use WoE or/and AP pooling correctly; I can quickly dot all mobs. Specifically I ran +10 Arcway and I finally enjoyed the class, I can now actually use my abilities and put some thought before the next pull.

The only issue with L&C that I came across is that you ninja pull EVERYTHING, from packs you do not need to freaking bosses that are literally 20yard away of a 10mob pack and RNGesus is against you

Also, other question that I have - I have 3 legendaries that are useful L&C,IFE and Ekowrath chest. Since I picked the shoulders I went ahead and upgraded IFE instead of the chest but I am not sure if that was the best choice. Also, I am not very good with swapping profiles in simcraft and cannot determine if swapping the ring and equipping a 940 chest would offset IFE (940). I think having the extra mastery+Int would help a lot more as I am currently sitting at 35% haste. Also, 2/3 of my relics boost dot dmg.

Char name Lactta / Tarren Mill EU - any input?

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by sbabia View Post
    I've acquired Lady and the Child (LnC or L&C) legendary today. It just made AoE so much fun and reliable - I have not checked any of the HC or Mythich NH in depth yet but I can certainly say that we I can now do a respectable AoE dmg as long as I use WoE or/and AP pooling correctly; I can quickly dot all mobs. Specifically I ran +10 Arcway and I finally enjoyed the class, I can now actually use my abilities and put some thought before the next pull.

The only issue with L&C that I came across is that you ninja pull EVERYTHING, from packs you do not need to freaking bosses that are literally 20yard away of a 10mob pack and RNGesus is against you

Also, other question that I have - I have 3 legendaries that are useful L&C,IFE and Ekowrath chest. Since I picked the shoulders I went ahead and upgraded IFE instead of the chest but I am not sure if that was the best choice. Also, I am not very good with swapping profiles in simcraft and cannot determine if swapping the ring and equipping a 940 chest would offset IFE (940). I think having the extra mastery+Int would help a lot more as I am currently sitting at 35% haste. Also, 2/3 of my relics boost dot dmg.

Char name Lactta / Tarren Mill EU - any input?

Thank you.
    There is no dimension where the chest would be better than the ring. You're literally comparing our best legendary with our worst. The effect of almost halving (used to halve /singletear) the CD on Incarnation/CA is just too good.

Deleted
    Potential new 7.2 traits;
    Circadian Invocation (Rank 1) (New) Moonfire applies a stacking vulnerability (1% per stack, maximum 6) to Arcane damage. Sunfire applies a stacking vulnerability (1% per stack, maximum 6) to Nature damage.
    Light of the Evening Star (Rank 8) (New) Increases the damage of Starfall by 24%.
    Wax and Wane (Rank 1) (New) Moonfire increases the direct damage of your next Moonfire by 0%. This effect stacks 5 times.
    Looks like all classes are getting 2 new ranks to existing traits and 1(2?) new golden and 1 new minor trait. The 2nd one for most specs looks like it's PvP oriented, so not sure about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    Potential new 7.2 traits;

Looks like all classes are getting 2 new ranks to existing traits and 1(2?) new golden and 1 new minor trait. The 2nd one for most specs looks like it's PvP oriented, so not sure about that.
    we got the shaft. The fire mage one is SICK, Pheonix flames hits 3 targets? Combust last 8 seconds longer? Give crit chance to your allies?

Deleted
    Not sure if 6% flat damage and 24% to our already extremely strong Starfall is getting the shaft.

New animations are alright for the most part. Fury of Elune looks much better. Huth is right about the old Starfall though, much easier on Live to tell where the edges of the spell effect are.

And that stacking Arcane/Nature damage trait sucks. All it does is increase ramp-up time until we reach the "balanced around" level of damage. If it applied to everyone's Arcane/Nature damage, at least it would be interesting, but I wouldn't count on that.
    Last edited by PickleballAce; 2017-01-21 at 08:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    New animations are alright for the most part. Fury of Elune looks much better. Huth is right about the old Starfall though, much easier on Live to tell where the edges of the spell effect are.

And that stacking Arcane/Nature damage trait sucks. All it does is increase ramp-up time until we reach the "balanced around" level of damage. If it applied to everyone's Arcane/Nature damage, at least it would be interesting, but I wouldn't count on that.
    A lot of the new traits have group benefits like what class buffs used to do. It's pretty neat. So we will help out shamans and arcane mages it looks like.

Anyone have a video of the new fury of elune?

It's basically a rapid fire LS, although without the new parts from 7.2.

heres avideo of all the spell changes so far
    Solar Wrath, Lunar Strike, Starfall, Fury of Elune, and Starsurge

https://www.twitch.tv/wing5wong/v/116377277

Quote Originally Posted by wing5wong View Post

I hope it's not intended, but there seems to be a slight delay after casting lunarstrike (as if there was a travel time?)

Quote Originally Posted by kryptik93 View Post
    I hope it's not intended, but there seems to be a slight delay after casting lunarstrike (as if there was a travel time?)
    Just from watching it, it feels indeed slower.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone tried Fury of Elune on Aluriel? I hadn't thought about it before but it seems like it could potentially be usable on this fight during add phases, would be really shitty to have to move during the channel but if you could maintain for a reasonable amount of time it seems like it could deal some serious damage.

On wing5wong´s I noticed there's also a visual for Echoing Stars? Was that already in the game?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    Just out of curiosity, has anyone tried Fury of Elune on Aluriel? I hadn't thought about it before but it seems like it could potentially be usable on this fight during add phases, would be really shitty to have to move during the channel but if you could maintain for a reasonable amount of time it seems like it could deal some serious damage.
    Fire adds are not supposed to be stacked and Arcane adds are difficult to stack too so I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by wing5wong View Post

Thanks!

Wish Fury of Elune beam pillar was wider like the current one ;(. But at least it's now a proper moon spell from a moon goddess.

By far the greatest improvement is the new lunar strike animation. Not sure I like the new Starsurge, the old animation looks more iconic than the current recycled horizontal lunar strike we got.

I also prefer the old Starfall, the starry ground markers showing the area of the spell were much better.