Page 40 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Trump did token signature on Obamacare, raised taxes and then took a 2 day break.

I came to see to mass deportation of illegals as he had claimed (in very first hr) but it seems he doesn't even remember saying such things. He is resting. Much energy, such joy. MAGA.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    DC, NY and the nearing states are predominantly Democracts. OF course a democratic president will have more people turning up - are there really that many people driving through multiple states to get to these things?
    For a guy causing 10 mile long traffic jam during campaign...Rich Trump supporters who clearly have time to attend all his rallies couldn't pay for DC trip? Historic landslide of mammoth portion, no less?

Fake news.

Website has been taken down and archived, new website being set up, content was NOT removed by the Trump administration

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Website/page13

Data is being archived from the Obama administration and site renovation for the current administration is not complete. But go on being outraged like children who can only react with their emotions.
    That's the point.
    Other than the fact the canada.com website report is blatantly wrong?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Doesn't it basically make sense to take down a policy page that has a bunch of policies that the administration isn't keen on?

I don't really get why people are reacting to this like it's something different than par for the course.
    Get out of here with the logic and reason!

Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    Trump did token signature on Obamacare, raised taxes and then took a 2 day break.

I came to see to mass deportation of illegals as he had claimed (in very first hr) but it seems he doesn't even remember saying such things. He is resting. Much energy, such joy. MAGA.

- - - Updated - - -

For a guy causing 10 mile long traffic jam during campaign...Rich Trump supporters who clearly have time to attend all his rallies couldn't pay for DC trip? Historic landslide of mammoth portion, no less?
    It seems like your sources is the cartoon Trump from your local liberal newspaper.
    Last edited by mmoc840776f426; 2017-01-21 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reverb256 View Post
    Thank God you guys saved the world from Hillary.

The 'TV consensus' version of Trump doesn't even exist IRL. He isn't a racist, that's for sure.

Only people who do their own reading and possess contextual awareness of over a 15 year period of time (perhaps as a result of reading, which must stem from the desire to know the truth) voted for Trump. They're not racists either, for the most part. They were the disenfranchised left, center, and right, who did knew better than to believe the 'TV consensus'. They weren't mad, they were optimistic. Because they listened to DJT directly (rallies, twitter) instead of the demonstrably false globalist media narratives.

The fact that the media, all over the world, tried to shove Hillary down our throats, remains the primary reason why Trump won (and deserved to win).

See a pattern here?
    I watched three of his rallies and kept tabs on his twitter rants as well as the occasional interview he did. All of them led me to believe he's a petty narcissist who lashes out like a petulant child upon even the mildest of perceived slights, alongside his general lack of understanding of world affairs. I've spent a decent amount of time studying east Asian affairs and every time he speaks on the subject he comes across as utterly lacking in even the most basic knowledge. Domestic issues may be a priority, but foreign affairs are still a major part of being president. I wouldn't mind if he would ever admit that he's not well versed and would be taking advice on a subject from experts in his entourage, but he can't do that. He's going to have 'the greatest team, the best people' and yet he can't help but say ridiculous things such as 'he knows more than x' about whatever the topic is. Going back fifteen+ years I see the same things, always focused entirely on himself and often on incredibly petty personal disputes.

Have you considered perhaps that maybe, just maybe, the 'globalist media narratives' are based on reality and the things you've gone out and read are propaganda? I'm willing to accept that I could be wrong, maybe I didn't understand the context somehow, and maybe his policies are going to be highly effective, but I have strong doubts based on what I've personally seen. And for the record, I don't think Hillary should have even been eligible for the presidency after her handling of classified materials, and I certainly didn't vote for her, so let's not go down that road shall we? Trump is president now, it is no longer a matter of lesser evil or any such arguments. He should be held accountable for his actions.

Quote Originally Posted by wilsim View Post

It seems like your sources is the cartoon Trump from your local liberal newspaper.

I seek wisdom wherever I can, you seek stupidity wherever you can. To each....

Quote Originally Posted by Jingoism View Post
    You read slate and take it seriously? I'm so sorry.
    I also read the Guardian. I also read RedState and the Resurgent. I read anything I can.

Part of the problem with the rise of Donald Trump is that far too many people have taken to only reading things that comfort or confirm their beliefs. I'm not like that. I want to be challenged.

Thats why the Guardian is my favorite newspaper. It's international live blog is second to none, first of all. But its writers often argue for a shade of liberal politics that is in direct opposition to my beliefs. My beliefs SHOULD be challenged, relentlessly. If it isn't robust enough to stand up to scrutiny, then whats the damn point? Being challenged invites re-evaluation, enhancement, and innovation. It's an essential and healthy process.

So yes I read Slate. I also read RedState. It's not just important to know what people you disagree with are thinking, but also understand WHY. And from time to time, like the above article I linked, you'll find something unassailable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    I seek wisdom wherever I can, you seek stupidity wherever you can. To each....
    So you are admitting that you are arguing against the made up boogeyman from liberal propaganda? Great, first step is admitting you have a problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    "Trump on Iraq: We should have kept the oil" Finishes off with "Maybe you'll get another chance" Hmmm, I thought he was the "Peace Candidate"?
    Nice mental gymnastics. Removing isis is going to free up alot of oilfields here in the real world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    yeah isn't that just due to the transition? it sounds like a lot of policy pages vanished, i would wait a few weeks for things to get in order ebfore getting your panties in a twist over something as stupid as that.
    dragonmaw - EU

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Doesn't it basically make sense to take down a policy page that has a bunch of policies that the administration isn't keen on?

I don't really get why people are reacting to this like it's something different than par for the course.
    I'd think they're just voicing their opposition to the administration figuratively and possibly in policy turning their back on LGBT

Nice mental gymnastics. Removing isis is going to free up alot of oilfields here in the real world.
    Except he explicitly said that when leaving Iraq, America should have kept the oil (a war crime) and then insinuates America could be in a position to have another shot (at taking oil as the victors of a war). Your interpretation is wishful thinking.
    Last edited by Shadowmelded; 2017-01-21 at 10:43 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Except he explicitly said that when leaving Iraq, America should have kept the oil (a war crime). Your interpretation is wishful thinking.
    US should've seized the oil after they had obliterated the iraqi government for as long as it took for the country to stabilize. And the US doesn't even recognize the International Criminal Courts, so effectively they can't even be charged with a war crime.

And the US doesn't even recognize the International Criminal Courts, so effectively they can't even be charged with a war crime.
    I guess that makes it ok then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    I guess that makes it ok then.
    Yes, handing the oilfields over to Isis was clearly the right move.

Yes, handing the oilfields over to Isis was clearly the right move.
    Creating the conditions for Isis to rise wasn't the right move.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    US should've seized the oil after they had obliterated the iraqi government for as long as it took for the country to stabilize. And the US doesn't even recognize the International Criminal Courts, so effectively they can't even be charged with a war crime.

In other words, the US would find excuses to never return it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Creating the conditions for Isis to rise wasn't the right move.
    Glad we agree. The US should stop trying to overthrow every foreign regime they don't like.

You're still party to the Fourth Geneva Convention and the Hague Conventions.

Deleted
    You guys are totally right, having some government officials going on trial for breaking international law, world definitely be a much worse tragedy than having Isis run rampant in a sizeable part of the world.

You guys are totally right, having some government officials going on trial for breaking international law, world definitely be a much worse tragedy than having Isis run rampant in a sizeable part of the world.
    Yes, and those are the only two choices.

7+ Year Old Account
    All this empty talk of international law. There is only 1 law among nations: power.

If the US wants to do something badly enough, we will do it. Conventions/treaties/international law is utterly meaningless if you do not have the strength to call a country to account for ignoring them.

And no one has the power to do that to the US without provoking a world war.

International law has only the force that the US allows it to have. if there's a part of it we want to ignore, we do. And there's nothing anyone can do about that.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson