Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahaga View Post
    I'm disappointed for sure. "Inspired by" does not mean a direct copy and paste. Tier 20 sets look like a direct copy and paste with little enhancement. Looks like Blizzard trying to cut corners, yet again.
    Just look at these as an example.
    old:
    http://fandomania.com/wp-content/upl...t6-326x400.jpg
    new:
    http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...kTier20red.jpg

If that looks like a direct copy to you, you need glasses. There are many new polygons, 3D parts, even new set pieces to go with it. The gloves and helmet are very different, and there are lots of new glowy flamy bits.
    Last edited by Azarak; 2017-01-22 at 01:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Based on, as in they are BASED on the Armour it but with improvements. You know what the word Base is? It means they use the T6 as a BASE and build from it.
    Yeah, except Blizzard forgot the "build from them" part and they're just using the base model. Copied. And. Pasted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone saying this is just a paint job is full of shit though. The idea of course was copy/pasted but there's high resolution and 3D objects added to the armor now. These still had tremendous work put into them.

T6 is one of the best Tier's in the game, so I am glad it got an update. DK set isn't too great and I don't like the look of the DHs skirt. It could use a different texture. Not much to say about Monks, it looks great. As for the rest, several are obviously works in progress like the Paladins. Warrior looks amazing.

Not looking forward to being disappointed with the PvP colors looking better than the raid tier and Alliance getting the ugly blue/purple only colors.

I actually love them. T6 is across the board one of the best looking tiers, but in fidelity standpoint it is so outdated now. Great to see those visuals brought up into modern day.

Plus Mythic/whateveristhepvpequivalent have added/reimagined stuff on them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by azarak View Post
    You literally stated that it was just updated textures...
    I never said that updating textures were easy nor that the process is easy. The idea behind it can be seen as such, though.

I mean... they still would have used resources and time to make another tier set, with an equal chance that people don't like it.
    That's more or less the point I'm making in that regard. While I see it as a waste because it doesn't do anything special for me, I can understand that it's not catered to me specifically, so I can ignore it thanks to transmog.

But I guess posting on MMOchamp, a place where negativity about ANYTHING cesspools, makes it seem like more people hate this idea than love it.
    It has nothing to do with a cesspool, tbh. As said, whenever anything is re-made, there are going to be people who like it and dislike it. Neither are wrong for doing so, it's just opinions is all. You probably see more against it here than most places do to the lack of censorship here as that promotes people being more vocal about their opinions.

I liked all the old T6 sets so i'm not bothered by the remakes, The mythic versions (Druid especially) are awesome.

The new DH mythic set is sexy too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Dromes View Post
    Everytime someone says something like "literal copy paste", my brain cells commit suicide. Are you even familiar with the procedure of making new tier sets? And they already do look much better than the original, maybe put down your nostalgia glasses and actually compare those two tier sets.
    It really does sound like your brain cells have committed suicide, what has anything I typed have to do with Nostalgia?

On the subject of copy and paste, the focal points (shoulders/helm/chest) of each sets are practically identical to T6, which to me suggests the most important part of the design process has been copied/pasted with some minor tweaks to the textures to freshen them up. This is copy and paste (imo). As I said, they might actually look really good in game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    It has nothing to do with a cesspool, tbh. As said, whenever anything is re-made, there are going to be people who like it and dislike it. Neither are wrong for doing so, it's just opinions is all. You probably see more against it here than most places do to the lack of censorship here as that promotes people being more vocal about their opinions.
    That's not a product of lack of censorship, that's how literally any and all "comments or concerns" situations work. People don't bother commenting on something if it is good or if they like it. However, if someone doesn't like something, no matter what their reason is, they will come to complain about it so the world can hear. That goes for anything in life, from restaurants to tour guides, and of course video games. So yes, MMOchamp is a cesspool of negativity, I mean that should be obvious just looking at the overwhelming amount of threads like this that complain about various things. The only people you see are the ones complaining, with a minor few who give a shit enough to defend what they're complaining about.
    Last edited by Azarak; 2017-01-22 at 01:33 AM.

As if it won't be transmogged away anyway...hundreds of sets to choose from. stop crying.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have a problem with the new tier being a remastering of an older tier, but I'm hoping that every other set gets the same level of detail as the Warrior, Demon hunter and Monk(even though the mythic version of that one isn't in the files yet).

I understand that most of them are unfinished, but I sincerely hope they don't consider the Warlock, Shaman and Hunter sets as done, because they seem to lack a lot of detail compared to the former examples I have given.
    Blizzard's cutting corners again? Yare Yare Daze...

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Looks amazing honestly. Seriously, at this point just eat a dick. This community complains about fucking EVERYTHING. How likely are you to even wear a new teir when it comes out as opposed to your previous transmog.

Meanwhile, these sets are iconic and look fucking top tier.

Agree. This community is cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Based on, as in they are BASED on the Armour it is but with improvements. You know what the word Base is? It means they use the T6 as a BASE and build from it.

So true! Its like if you go watch the movie Batman, Spiderman, Deadpool, and so on...the movie is BASED on a book. The plot of the movie isnt original by any means.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not a product of lack of censorship, that's how literally any and all "comments or concerns" situations work. People don't bother commenting on something if it is good or if they like it. However, if someone doesn't like something, no matter what their reason is, they will come to complain about it so the world can hear. That goes for anything in life, from restaurants to tour guides, and of course video games. So yes, MMOchamp is a cesspool of negativity, I mean that should be obvious just looking at the overwhelming amount of threads like this that complain about various things. The only people you see are the ones complaining, with a minor few who give a shit enough to defend what they're complaining about.
    Not really. Just look at this thread. There are plenty of comments which aren't complaining as well. If what you said was true, that'd make every single website a cesspool, as people would only visit those websites to complain instead of anything else.

Take the subreddit for example. Most of that isn't negative. Negative comments tend to get downvoted and buried thanks to their version of censorship.

You're far too liberal with your use of cesspool, imo. There's going to be negativity as well as positivity no matter where you go on the internet, but that hardly means it's a cesspool.

Quote Originally Posted by Morbownz View Post
    It really does sound like your brain cells have committed suicide, what has anything I typed have to do with Nostalgia?

On the subject of copy and paste, the focal points (shoulders/helm/chest) of each sets are practically identical to T6, which to me suggests the most important part of the design process has been copied/pasted with some minor tweaks to the textures to freshen them up. This is copy and paste (imo). As I said, they might actually look really good in game.
    This is copy and paste:
    On the subject of copy and paste, the focal points (shoulders/helm/chest) of each sets are practically identical to T6, which to me suggests the most important part of the design process has been copied/pasted with some minor tweaks to the textures to freshen them up. This is copy and paste (imo). As I said, they might actually look really good in game

This is copy and paste with some minor tweeks:
    On the subject of copy and paste, the focal points (shoulders/helm/chest) of each sets are practically identical to T6, which to me suggests the most important part of the design process has been copied/pasted with some minor tweaks to the textures to freshen them up. This is copy and paste (imo). As I said, I have a small penis.

Some people are just addicted to outrage. The new tiers are fine.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Eh they have a large amount of the community asking for "revamp" shit and that's what they do and they still get flak. Of course this community can't all be pleased but I kind of like the T6 revamps, especially warrior OMG that set is getting me so hyped.

But maybe I'm just biased since our set is the best one there
    Ofcourse people are upset when the revamp comes at the expense of over content. T6 revamps as rewards from say, mythic+20 or brawlers guild or some classcampaign quest/second order hall set? People would be a lot more positive. Uninspired updates to T6 replacing new tier models? That's going to upset people looking forward to... the new tier models.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Yeah, those finished sets look too much like the old sets. Shame there is no time left to tweak or adjust them. With 7.2 going live next week, guess we'll just have to live with it.

"Keep in mind that this is an early preview. Sets may be unfinished, missing pieces, and missing colors."
    What on Earth makes you think 7.2 is going live next week?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CerealLord View Post
    They have literally said that it was going to be based on t6. I'm not sure why this is a surprise.

He never stated it was a surprise, in fact the thread has nothing to do with anything being a surprise. Blizzard could have announced this a year ago, or yesterday and neither factor matters in the very argument presented: that it is a rehash.

And we see this all the time on this forum, people cant read. If Blizzard announced they were deleting Paladins from the game, and a player complained about it, you would venture into that thread and say "Gee, they already announced this, like litterally man, jeeze." Again completely missing the point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SafariDiscoLion View Post
    What on Earth makes you think 7.2 is going live next week?
    It's a joke. He's mocking people who might not think there's time left to adjust them.