Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm pretty happy with it, t6 looked great for all the classes and the new colors are perfect. Can't complain, looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by CerealLord View Post
    They have literally said that it was going to be based on t6. I'm not sure why this is a surprise.
    I would have taken "based on" to mean that t6 was the inspiration for them, not the exact duplicate. It was a nice set, and the new graphics make it look even nicer but yeah, it seems lazy to me as well, as I enjoyed the old sets when they were current.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see the problem. Yeah, it's "rehashed" but it's literally updated to today's standard. They look freaking amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    My biggest issue with it is that the DH one looks like garbage. The other classes are fairly decent, at least their non-mythic versions are. There's a few good mythic ones, but not many
    Did you check the DH set on an elf? It looks like shit on a human, but I actually like most of it when it is on an elf (the belt is the only part that I find off-putting).

Overall I think it is hit and miss, just the misses are so far off the mark that they look like bad jokes. The Priest set looks great, while the Paladin set somehow managed to be worse than the original set.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

They recycle everything.. Raids, dungeons, characters, storylines, mounts, etc etc etc...

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahaga View Post
    Yeah, except Blizzard forgot the "build from them" part and they're just using the base model. Copied. And. Pasted.
    You can always tell people that have zero idea about design or 3d modelling on this Website. Like this guy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Ofcourse people are upset when the revamp comes at the expense of over content. T6 revamps as rewards from say, mythic+20 or brawlers guild or some classcampaign quest/second order hall set? People would be a lot more positive. Uninspired updates to T6 replacing new tier models? That's going to upset people looking forward to... the new tier models.
    I'd say most people upset about the t20 Sets are people that didn't even play when t6 was around.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bearshield View Post
    I would have taken "based on" to mean that t6 was the inspiration for them
    Well that is just your fault for having issues understanding the context of simple words.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Did you check the DH set on an elf? It looks like shit on a human, but I actually like most of it when it is on an elf (the belt is the only part that I find off-putting).

Overall I think it is hit and miss, just the misses are so far off the mark that they look like bad jokes. The Priest set looks great, while the Paladin set somehow managed to be worse than the original set.
    How are you viewing it on an Elf?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    I'd say most people upset about the t20 Sets are people that didn't even play when t6 was around.
    You can tell that simply because they don't like it? Impressive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Ofcourse people are upset when the revamp comes at the expense of over content. T6 revamps as rewards from say, mythic+20 or brawlers guild or some classcampaign quest/second order hall set? People would be a lot more positive. Uninspired updates to T6 replacing new tier models? That's going to upset people looking forward to... the new tier models.
    Considering a lot of people love T6 I don't think the majority of people are against these revamps but maybe they are idk. For me this is awesome but I can see how people are disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Draftswe View Post
    1. Its early preview. 2. Its nostalgic and alot of people are going to see it as a tribute to black temple which was like 10 years ago. 3. This is the first time they have made a tier look like a previous one

Yeah because T7 wasn't anything like T3 at all

I kind of wish the mythic versions were the regular and they did something flashier for mythic. I absolutely love those mythic versions.

But I'm still okay with the updated versions. I don't like to transmog into older sets because texture wise they haven't aged well, despite T5 and T6 being my favorite armor tiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    How are you viewing it on an Elf?
    In the model viewer you can change the race
    Last edited by Not A Cat; 2017-01-22 at 02:47 AM.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Normally I would be, but this HD T6 is looking awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by cLax0n View Post
    This is copy and paste:
    On the subject of copy and paste, the focal points (shoulders/helm/chest) of each sets are practically identical to T6, which to me suggests the most important part of the design process has been copied/pasted with some minor tweaks to the textures to freshen them up. This is copy and paste (imo). As I said, they might actually look really good in game

This is copy and paste with some minor tweeks:
    On the subject of copy and paste, the focal points (shoulders/helm/chest) of each sets are practically identical to T6, which to me suggests the most important part of the design process has been copied/pasted with some minor tweaks to the textures to freshen them up. This is copy and paste (imo). As I said, I have a small penis.
    Your finest hour!

...in a gaming forum on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Higuchi View Post
    In the model viewer you can change the race
    Good god, I never realized that "Model viewer" was it's own link. I was always wondering why that model viewer was just an image.

Nothing has been good looking after MOP, best design was Vanilla and TBC

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Well that is just your fault for having issues understanding the context of simple words.
    You interpreted their comments the way you wanted to, as did I. That hardly constitutes me "having issues", but I guess I can see how you would be confused when someone has a difference in opinion from yours...

Quote Originally Posted by Agomerak View Post
    Tier 3 and Tier 7?!
    Naxx 1.0 and Naxx 2.0 Tier sets.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind. T6 was one of the best.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Quote Originally Posted by Master Higuchi View Post
    I kind of wish the mythic versions were the regular and they did something flashier for mythic. I absolutely love those mythic versions.

I really don't like how Mythic sets are a bit different, Mythic raiders all ready get a title , mount, and better gear as it is. Why is Blizzard trying to cater for such a low % of the population. Not everyone wants to be a mythic raider, it should be different colours per difficulty and that is it with LFR having plain shit gear because it isn't a real raid.

They are taking one of the most iconic tiers in the game and updating it with new pixel counts/high rez so we can enjoy it in all its glory. They are revisiting this classic as we bring one of the older story lines to a climatic finish. I think it's great.

I also understand that anything they did - literally anything - would have generated complaints from someone.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

You can see from previous polls that a HUGE portion of players, loved T6, and wanted it revamped or something done with it, Blizz took this route, revamping it and adding to it and making it a new set, a nostalgia trip, I personally think it's very cool.

All these people coming out of the woodworks now seeming suprised it's an updated T6.. lol this was common knowledge for a LONG time.

The stuff looks great, I mean come on, that Druid mythic tier? So good.

I get some of it, the non-mythic stuff doesn't have too much added in, but for those of us who will do mythic, and will get the really sick versions of the gear, I'm more than happy with how it looks. 10/10.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    They are taking one of the most iconic tiers in the game and updating it with new pixel counts/high rez so we can enjoy it in all its glory. They are revisiting this classic as we bring one of the older story lines to a climatic finish. I think it's great.

I also understand that anything they did - literally anything - would have generated complaints from someone.
    Lol Blizz could give everyone 5k gold, then people would still complain about "Handouts" or "Not getting more when Blizz has an endless amount of gold they could give out"